• Bats
  • Started by Bill from November Sound
Bats
on: August 12, 2019, 04:38:09
I can talk about a anything I want here, right? Okay I want to talk about bats.

There was a time when Melissa and I didn't do gigs together. No, I did gigs and I was out late. Melissa would usually be out on the couch when I'd return home.

One night I returned home and the bedroom door was tightly shut. Weird, but okay.

When we woke up in the morning she told me the story. There was a bat flying around the living room!!!  :o We have very high ceilings and the bat swooped down at her from the balcony and then was soaring all around! She covered up with a blanket to protect herself from the barrage of wild bat and when the coast was clear she ran to the bedroom amd shut the door behind her.

Okay, so, we live out in the woods and usually coexist with the bats but I don't really want them in the house. Of course I begin searching for the bat. I look all around the living room, kitchen, dining room, bathrooms and the bat is nowhere to be found.  ??? Melissa insists she is not crazy. I keep looking and finally........ I find it .........
In the bedroom right near where we were sleeping!!!  :bonk:
She didn't lock it out. She locked it in!

It was up hanging on the bedroom curtain near the bed.  ::)   

Bill
Songwriter, Keyboards, Arranger, Producer & Engineer for November Sound

November Sound is based on the Mother, Father & Son musical trio of Melissa, Bill & Will. I'm the father so anything I post will have my wife singing and/or my son playing percussion.

• Dakoda
  • Poissonier
  • full of 80s angst

• Today at 08:53:28
    • London
    • https://soundcloud.com/dakoda-sada
  • more
Re: Bats
Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019, 10:05:06
I can talk about a anything I want here, right? Okay I want to talk about bats.

There was a time when Melissa and I didn't do gigs together. No, I did gigs and I was out late. Melissa would usually be out on the couch when I'd return home.

One night I returned home and the bedroom door was tightly shut. Weird, but okay.

When we woke up in the morning she told me the story. There was a bat flying around the living room!!!  :o We have very high ceilings and the bat swooped down at her from the balcony and then was soaring all around! She covered up with a blanket to protect herself from the barrage of wild bat and when the coast was clear she ran to the bedroom amd shut the door behind her.

Okay, so, we live out in the woods and usually coexist with the bats but I don't really want them in the house. Of course I begin searching for the bat. I look all around the living room, kitchen, dining room, bathrooms and the bat is nowhere to be found.  ??? Melissa insists she is not crazy. I keep looking and finally........ I find it .........
In the bedroom right near where we were sleeping!!!  :bonk:
She didn't lock it out. She locked it in!

It was up hanging on the bedroom curtain near the bed.  ::)   

In the morning, did you introduce  him, to his brother....... the Baseball bat ... ha!  :blackgrin:
I prefer poisoner to fish chef...

Reply #2 on: August 12, 2019, 14:49:29
Ha, ha  :)  no @Dakoda  ... I wouldn't do that. Bats are good. .... well outside at least. I put on some gloves, wrapped the curtain around him and brought him outside.

• Dutchbeat
  • MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • If you can stand the Beat, get into the Kitchen!

• Today at 21:23:17
  • more
Reply #3 on: August 12, 2019, 18:26:51
wow... @Bill from November Sound , so Melissa and you slept with a bat hanging right above you.....that must be ....a creepy thing to think about  :o :o :o :o...but in fact ...there could be a song in this  ::) ::) ::) ::)
me, myself, and Pie