• Started by Monty Cash Music
  • Monty Cash Music
  • Rotisseur

• Yesterday at 13:42:13
    • inside the atomic fabric of a page, only when it is turning
  • more
Discussion - Non-local consciousness
on: January 15, 2020, 17:55:51
Who supports it? Who doesn't? What are you reasons?
Find updates on my travels and music on http://peakd.com/@montycashmusic

• Monty Cash Music
  • Rotisseur

• more
Re: Discussion - Non-local consciousness
Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020, 17:58:18
Google search -

Non-local consciousness - A key feature of a post-materialist approach is that of nonlocal consciousness, in which consciousness is not considered to be localized or confined to specific points in space, such as the physical brain and body, nor to specific points in time, such as the present.

Reply #2 on: January 15, 2020, 19:40:04
Materialists believe that only hard science can describe consciousness.

Google panpsychism for a cutting edge view on this question.......everything has consciousness including the entire universe. Even more interesting is this little piece that speaks of consciousness as being.....reality:

https://aeon.co/videos/its-impossible-to-see-the-world-as-it-is-argues-a-cognitive-neuroscientist

"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

"In a world of robotic conformity, the only originality left in music is the imperfections" Eric Craptone

"Special thanks to Steve Gleason for making me who I am today." Leonard Scaper

Lenny's Tunes: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=540680

https://soundcloud.com/vincentgleason

• Monty Cash Music
  • Rotisseur

• more
Reply #3 on: January 15, 2020, 20:41:18
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 20:43:38 by Monty Cash Music »
Thanks @Leonard Scaper , it's interesting to get the super discombobulated version by our science institution which seems to be just catching up to what mythology of many civilizations already taught for aeons. We've just taken a damn long road to come around to understanding it again. I suppose because humanity got sick of being put down rabbit holes throughout history. Group belief systems lived and died like conquesting races with territory in consciousness.

I particularly like the view of this amazing improvisational/traditional musician from Ireland, who now runs a traditional music, music school in Crete, Ross Daly

We are one and others are parts of ourselves. I can't remember exactly how he puts it, but his work is incredible and what he has done to expand music appreciation of eastern traditional musics in the West. His school is one where anyone can go and learn traditional musics starting at any musical level including beginners. The Oud player in the Kelebek Evrimi material has been to this school a couple of times.

• Monty Cash Music
  • Rotisseur

• more
Reply #4 on: January 15, 2020, 21:20:47
This man's research provides a theory behind nonlocal consciousness - I quite enjoy his ideas - morphogenetic fields, a style of unified field which dictates form as an organism develops; not dictated locally -

• MrBouzouki
  • Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
  • "Let the Creators Create" :-)

• May 31, 2020, 07:48:13
    • Sheffield, UK
    • https://www.facebook.com/Mr.Bouzouki.Music/ https://www.youtube.com/user/MisterBouzouki https://soundcloud.com/mrbouzouki
  • more
Reply #5 on: February 16, 2020, 11:14:32
Well @Monty Cash Music ,

Firstly, I am a retired scientist, so you might think I would be hard-nosed, no nonsense etc about all this. For my sins, and I have many, I don't align with any religion either.

However, despite all this,  I've often say I get lyrical / melodic inspiration from the 'ether'. A very 'woolly term' if ever there was one. 

I feel there is 'more' if you like, to our understanding of life, as defined by an organism moving through time, again 'time' is a very woolly term for our role in the physical / measured universe.

I often wonder if our conscious mind is a bit like the tip of an iceberg and our sleeping mind can allow glimpses of more as can certain altered states.

Maybe the reason 'music' connects for most people to some degree is it allows a bit of a glimpse of the 'occult' and I use that world in it's definition of 'that what is hidden from view' not the usual mumbo-jumbo. In some respects, does that make music like a form of religion, I don't know . 

Things that happen in our sensory-driven world might sometimes allow something through that inspires creativity in art, music, writing etc. and even perhaps a desire to move beyond the basic organic necessities. Our more evolved brain separates us from most other creatures in this way.

What this 'connection' is to well I don't know. But I feel there is something ... just beyond our grasp.

"Love and Life is all about connections"

• Monty Cash Music
  • Rotisseur

• more
Reply #6 on: February 16, 2020, 15:17:25
@MrBouzouki

Thanks for responding to this. It sure is a hard topic for the strict empiricist. I respect your ability to have an open mind about it despite your history.

Einstein himself was quoted as saying he came upon most of his discoveries by nonrational means. And Tesla apparently had visions of light revealing his inventions in dreams.

Looking deeper into this way of looking at consciousness it also gives a little credibility to simulation theory which seems to be on a lot of people's minds at the moment.

Discovering the laws of this universe and seeing how well everything fits in mathematics, it's not such a hard leap to consider we're living in some kind of matrix style programming language.

We all have had experiences in our lives that don't make sense as far as regular logical deduction goes.

There is a growing scientific community exploring these possibilities. I find this very exciting.

xx
Local Songwriters' Association

Started by Bill from November Sound on The kitchen café

7 Replies
Last post January 31, 2018, 20:17:55
by MrBouzouki
xx
Pitching to local artists

Started by Kellyanneg on The kitchen café

13 Replies
Last post July 11, 2019, 18:54:10
by Kellyanneg