• Do you want to be on our Kitchen Radio?
  • Started by Mar T.
  • Mar T.
  • Senior Site Administrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • Pay it forward! (watch that movie..)

• Today at 20:47:15
    • Duiven
  • more
Do you want to be on our Kitchen Radio?
on: February 02, 2019, 01:45:44
Dear kitcheners,

As some of you might have noticed, some time ago we introduced the Kitchen Radio. You can find it on the bottom of each forum page. Back then staff handpicked approx 50 tracks and some great jingles to be played via that channel.

This year we'd like to develop the Kitchen Radio to be a feature that's visited a lot. Now it's just a small initiative. Watching the awesome content that's posted in our kitchen, we'd like to develop the Kitchen Radio to something big!
And we'd like to ask for your help promoting it! You can help by sharing links to the kitchen radio via your social media channels.

Of course, most important for you as a fellow musician/songwriter/creator we can imagine you're wondering how to get your song/musical creation on the kitchen radio. Well that's pretty easy!

Here's the requirements:
1. You'd need to have a postcount of more than 50
2. You'd need to have at least 25 karma points
3. You agree that it'll cost 25 karma points per song on the channel (we'll subtract 25 karma points per song from your karma count)
4. Our Kitchen Staff reserves right to filter for production quality and appopriate content and may suggest creations to go through the 'Songs for Review' board first, before releasing it on the radio.

You can increase your postcount/karma quickly by getting involved in the kitchen community (also see our guidelines here: https://www.songwriter-forum-kitchen.com/forum/forum-newsupdates/17/kitchen-guidelines/2238/ ). We appreciate when our members listen to each others work, comment on each others work, share their knowledge with other members in the Songwriter Ingredients section etc. You'll see that others will give you karma points in return!

When your stats meet the requirements, feel free to reply to this post with a request. Be sure to mention which track (must be a Soundcloud track) you want to be played on the Kitchen Radio channel.

Let's continue keeping our kitchen a friendly, constructive and supportive environment for everybody to shine like stars.
And let's make the Kitchen Radio take-off this year, together!

Cheers!
On behalf of our staff,
Mar T.
:mart:

Re: Do you want to be on our Kitchen Radio?
Reply #1 on: February 03, 2019, 17:42:11
Hi @Mar T.   

I would like to present this song for consideration. I've titled it "Playing In The Dirt" and it the first one I recorded when I bought my new MIDI (although it's a old song from the giving birth stand point)

https://soundcloud.com/user-522876838/play-with-me-in-the-dirt-please-comment-good-or-bad

Please don't be afraid of hurting my feelings if it "doesn't cut the mustard" I'm not the sensitive artist type, I just do this stuff because I like it, I don't really have any illusions of greatness.

Thank you

• Jambrains
  • Chef de Partie
  • You ain't seen nothing yet..

• Yesterday at 22:18:42
  • more
Reply #2 on: February 04, 2019, 21:27:52
Unless @seriousfun has stolen my karma points I think I qualify so I offer my latest one for the consideration of the almighty kitchen gods whose shoes we mere mortals are not worthy to kiss.

https://soundcloud.com/jambrains/whiskey-on-the-hurt
Let man's petty nations tear themselves apart
My land's only borders lie around my heart

• Mar T.
  • Senior Site Administrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • Pay it forward! (watch that movie..)

• Today at 20:47:15
    • Duiven
  • more
Reply #3 on: February 17, 2019, 23:32:55
Oops, time got me carried away.. Sorry @Vince  and @Jambrains !

I've added both of your tracks to the kitchen radio channel! Thanks for contributing!

A few extra words for our special guest @Jambrains : we're honoured to have you, as a God we worship, onto our tiny radio channel.. Make sure we receive an autograph ok?  ;D ;D ;D And, how about that guitar of mine that you were about to burn.. Do I ever get it back now?  ;D ;D ;D

Cheers guys!!
Mar T.
:mart:

Reply #4 on: February 18, 2019, 20:15:47
Thank you @Mar T.  for including my song on the radio playlist. It was the first one I recorded with my new MIDI and thought maybe some would have not liked the MIDI violins (when I get something new I tend to over do it)

I also thought there would have been a big line  (or Que)  to be included for airplay. Go figure.

Vince

Reply #5 on: February 18, 2019, 20:54:12
Thank you @Mar T.  for including my song on the radio playlist. It was the first one I recorded with my new MIDI and thought maybe some would have not liked the MIDI violins (when I get something new I tend to over do it)

I also thought there would have been a big line  (or Que)  to be included for airplay. Go figure.

Vince

Oh there is a huge line @Vince  ... but you have serious karma! You're VIP status!  :shinyteeth:
Bill
Songwriter, Keyboards, Arranger, Producer & Engineer for November Sound

November Sound is based on the Mother, Father & Son musical trio of Melissa, Bill & Will. I'm the father so anything I post will have my wife singing and/or my son playing percussion.

xx
Built a kitchen radio! + Submit your kitchen radio jingles, it's fun!!

Started by Mar T. on Forum News/Updates

55 Replies
Last post January 08, 2019, 20:29:00
by robertkc
xx
Radio performance

Started by siennalittle on Live performances

14 Replies
Last post April 30, 2014, 17:21:31
by siennalittle
xx
Xposure on Radio X