• Finished Songs
  • Started by G
  • Wicked Deeds

Finished Songs
on: January 02, 2014, 20:18:27
When we post your work under the heading 'Finished songs' - do we mean that our song is complete (harmony and lyrics) or are we referring to a completed production too?  I just wondered how kitcheners think about this heading and how it applies to their work?

Wicked

• digger72
  • Chef de Partie
  • The Comfortably Strange

• September 20, 2017, 10:11:34
  • more
Re: Finished Songs
Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 22:56:22
Finished to me means I'm fed up of listening/messing with it myself - let's see what the outside world thinks. Then, if i think i have the ability to put things right after some feed back - i will try. Usually i just move on to the next project - i get bored easily. And the next song is always the best yet... isn't it? :D

Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 00:21:42

Always a difficult one this.  I really don't think anything I've written is finished, but other people do ;D ;D  There just always
  seems to be something that could be done better ;D

As far as The Kitchen is concerned..... I have to admit I'm guilty of posting everything in 'Finished Songs'.  ;D ;D
  I promise to behave in future ;D ;D  I guess I just love the small, intimate feeling I get from the forum.......that
  I don't bother  ;D ;D.......It's almost as if we are just sitting around the Kitchen table swapping stories about our
  musical adventures.  Very casual  ;D ;D

ALSO....I never pay attention to rules :P ;D

• Dutchbeat
  • MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • If you can stand the Beat, get into the Kitchen!

• Yesterday at 21:28:20
  • more
Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 10:21:42
i also post everything in Finished songs. and in reality nothing is finished that i ever was involved in..... ;D ;D ;D ;D

(sorry Bin, i should have told you earlier  ;D ;D, but 2014 will be different  ::) ::) ::) 8))

but, feel free to post songs and ideas in every state of progress, but perhaps we should use the ideas section more often???

well, anyway, it is not that we cannot keep up....the number of posts on this forum is still manageable  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
me, myself, and Pie

• Wicked Deeds

Reply #4 on: January 03, 2014, 10:37:56
Keep your ideas coming, they will help shape the categories listed on the forum. 

I post a mixed bag of songs, some that I know are clearly finished and fully produced as I intended and others that I record in a quick and sloppy manner.  My definition of a finished song is lyrics, a finished vocal melody supported by harmony (the chord structure).  Some might say the production defines whether or not a song is finished but to me production is like a suit of clothes that a finished song wears. Several producers might interpret the same song differently, but underneath, the finished song still has the same vocal melody and harmonic structure. 
I posted 'Sing' in the finished song section because the melody, lyrics and chords are complete/finished but in terms of production - it was quickly cobbled together to convey my ideas. 

Wicked

xx
Should we split the Finished Work section into Finished Songs and Finished Productions?

Started by Mar T. on The kitchen café

15 Replies
Last post January 09, 2016, 16:36:22
by Mar T.
exclamation
Finished songs and Idea's (WIP) boards integrated to 'Songs for review'

Started by Mar T. on Forum News/Updates

7 Replies
Last post June 17, 2016, 01:54:08
by Mar T.
xx
All finished Dutchy Songs

Started by fischermans on Challenges

0 Replies
Last post April 24, 2014, 21:22:00
by fischermans
xx
finished golden oldies...

Started by Dutchbeat on Songs for review

34 Replies
Last post April 23, 2016, 21:27:01
by Dutchbeat
xx
My finished song (LIke IT) and first post :)

Started by gilmourStrat on Songs for review

0 Replies
Last post July 09, 2015, 17:46:40
by gilmourStrat