• Started by TDM
  • TDM
  • Saucier

• Today at 15:20:43
    • Antalya / TURKEY
  • more
How to find a job as a Songwriter...
on: October 17, 2019, 11:41:56
Unfortunatelly I can't tell you any good way to find a job as a songwriter cause I don't know either. I'm writing music for several years already and never really focused on finding a project. So I thought I'd create this topic so people who know how to do it might help us all who struggle on that topic. I know some people find songwriting jobs as freelancers on sites like Fiverr but it looks like that about 99% of the jobs are rock, pop music projects. People like me who concentrate on epic orchestral music and crossovers with orchestral music simply can't find jobs there.
I tried to directly contact developers of indie games or other video games types. Most of them answered in a very polite way, some didn't answer at all. I tried some networking on Twitter but again nothing.
So does anybody have some good ideas? Something I miss out?

Re: How to find a job as a Songwriter...
Reply #1 on: October 19, 2019, 04:01:32
Hi @TDM  ..... I don't know the answer. There are a few members here that do this for money with varying levels of success. When they get really successful they don't hang around here so much, I'd say.

I listened to some of your music, it sounds excellent and demonstrates some really nice production quality so I'd see you being very successful with this. I don't know too much about gaming but know you are VERY FORTUNATE that you got responses back from cold call emails! Congratulations! :)

I looked at your SC, Twitter and YouTube profiles and I'd suggest making more friends there. A lot of people aren't into this but following others and getting followers is part of the fun, really. I also believe that since you are getting responses if those developers go to your profiles and see hundreds or thousands of followers, likes and comments it makes you look better. Regarding Twitter : Just try to have normal conversations and fun dialog there. ...  right now your posts are more "check out my stuff" kind of posts.   
I could be wrong ... others won't agree, maybe..... you can ignore my advice. I'm only saying this because you said you tried networking there.

To me it sounds like you're doing great. It'll probably just take a bit  of persistence.           
Bill
Songwriter, Keyboards, Arranger, Producer & Engineer for November Sound

November Sound is based on the Mother, Father & Son musical trio of Melissa, Bill & Will. I'm the father so anything I post will have my wife singing and/or my son playing percussion.

• TDM
  • Saucier

• Antalya / TURKEY
  • more
Reply #2 on: October 20, 2019, 13:15:44
Thank you @Bill from November Sound . You just managed to motivate me a bit more  :D
I totally agree, I mean... you are right about that I need to work much more on building up a community and not just push people to listen to my music. I was also planning to maybe do some "behind the scenes" video about how I write my music for Youtube but I'm still not sure about this since my music writing can take some time  :blackgrin:

Gonna do as you said - Will continue writing people, just have chats and then from time to time remind them that I also write music  :thumbsup:

There's still one thing I'm not sure about and that's "contacting big names in music production". Cause I'm pretty sure that my mails WILL get lost in tons of other people's mails or I'm just getting ignored.

Reply #3 on: October 23, 2019, 01:49:57
Well @TDM  …. I'd love to see that.
Others might not agree with and/or like this technique but, I will say, you can meet some wonderful people! I certainly have.  :)  I will be happy to view your new videos and repost things on twitter and soundcloud for you. 

• TDM
  • Saucier

• Antalya / TURKEY
  • more
Reply #4 on: October 23, 2019, 12:28:39
Thank you @Bill from November Sound . Your help would be really great  :)

Wish me luck! I'm gonna contact a few people in the game and movie industry now  :dance:

xx
Creative job applications for UK radio

Started by siennalittle on The kitchen café

4 Replies
Last post June 27, 2014, 18:50:41
by Dutchbeat
xx
Ready to give up job to record my album

Started by Katze Konigsberg on Collaborations

14 Replies
Last post October 10, 2016, 22:52:07
by Vince