• IsleofSkye
  • Poissonier
  • (INFJ-T) - 20 yrs old and in college- how original

• September 29, 2020, 22:27:56
    • Newnan, Georgia, USA
  • more
I want this Tascam mixer
on: August 25, 2020, 16:47:54
Hey y’all, I was on Instagram and saw that Tascam was giving away one of their new audio mixers and it looks super nice.

If you use this link to sign up I get an extra entry, so help me out here 😂
https://wn.nr/DTrbKq

Does anyone have experience with Tascam equipment? This has the option to record into an onboard digital recorder rather than having to plugin to a computer. Any thoughts on that? Is that useful?
"When you've seen beyond yourself then you may find peace of mind is waiting there."-George Harrison

• Dutchbeat
  • Administrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • If you can stand the Beat, get into the Kitchen!

• Yesterday at 22:43:33
  • more
Re: I want this Tascam mixer
Reply #1 on: August 25, 2020, 19:41:26
Ha @IsleofSkye ...ages ago i had a tascam 8 track recorder (recommended back then by @budhabuilding) , that could record 8 track projects on ordinary audio casettes....yes, thas a long time ago, but it was a great machine... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

me, myself, and Pie

• IsleofSkye
  • Poissonier
  • (INFJ-T) - 20 yrs old and in college- how original

• September 29, 2020, 22:27:56
    • Newnan, Georgia, USA
  • more
Reply #2 on: August 25, 2020, 19:49:39
Ha @IsleofSkye ...ages ago i had a tascam 8 track recorder (recommended back then by @budhabuilding) , that could record 8 track projects on ordinary audio casettes....yes, thas a long time ago, but it was a great machine... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

That’s really awesome! I’ve seen those around and always wondered how it was. I love seeing the past ways of recording.

Reply #3 on: August 25, 2020, 20:23:44
I spent a number of years tracking on a Tascam 424 cassette machine. I really learned a lot about getting it right going in. No computer back then so you would have to bounce the tracks together so there would always be a free track to record on.

"4-tracking"
"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

"In a world of robotic conformity, the only originality left in music is the imperfections" Eric Craptone

"Special thanks to Steve Gleason for making me who I am today." Leonard Scaper

Lenny's Tunes: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=540680

https://soundcloud.com/vincentgleason

• Dutchbeat
  • Administrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • If you can stand the Beat, get into the Kitchen!

• Yesterday at 22:43:33
  • more
Reply #4 on: August 25, 2020, 20:40:02
I spent a number of years tracking on a Tascam 424 cassette machine. I really learned a lot about getting it right going in. No computer back then so you would have to bounce the tracks together so there would always be a free track to record on.

"4-tracking"

ha @IsleofSkye  and @Leonard Scaper ...the cassette 8 track Tascam recorder...could record 4 tracks on the a-side of the casette and 4 tracks on the b-side of the casette....how about that

needless to say if you put the cassette in with the b-side up....you would get 8 tracks in perfect sinc playing the music backwards....

xx
In Need of a Talented Mixer/Masterer!

Started by TheMobRapper on Collaborations

1 Replies
Last post February 21, 2017, 00:25:50
by Mar T.