• I want to move house
  • Started by habiTat
I want to move house
on: July 31, 2014, 16:17:30
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 16:20:53 by habiTat »
Hello

It started last summer, my tattoo faced neighbour and his wife had a big fight, she knocked our door asking if she could come in while she waited for the police. The police came and went, nothing done, then he hurled a load of abuse at my wife and pinned me against my front door. Next day he apologised and we returned to a state of relative normality. Things were ok again until a few months back, he started blanking me and generally ignoring any of my neighbourly hello's. Last week, following more arguments with his wife, he starts shouting abuse at my house. It turns out, he thinks his wife 'fancies' me  :o

So now I'm left with a situation where my big bloke, crazy tattooed neighbour thinks his wife is messing around with me... Great

Added to that is the loud music every weekend, slamming of doors, his kids running across my garden and a general disregard for anyone else, I've had enough and want to move.

All I want to do is live my life quietly without all this stress and aggravation.

My heart sinks every time I arrive home to see his car there.

Anyway, I'm pretty hacked off, so I wrote this..

Your face

I wish I could say
What I wanted to say
To your face
Scribble face

Wish I could find the words
And the courage to state
Articulate

To your face
That disgrace
There's nothing worse that I've seen
In the human race
Than your face
Your face

You pinned me against my door
In a drunken rage
Act your age

Hollered abuse at my wife
Cos she helped your wife
To try to escape

From your face
That disgrace
In the human race
Than your face
Your face

Now you're shouting at me
Cos you think she's with me
But the problem is you
And you haven't a clue
leave me alone
I don't wanna go home
When all I ever did
Was live my life

Cursed with seeing

your face
That disgrace
In the human race
Than your face
Your face
Your face

I made a quick recording, still no laptop and no way of uploading except via YouTube..

• Dutchbeat
  • MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • If you can stand the Beat, get into the Kitchen!

• Today at 23:55:23
  • more
Re: I want to move house
Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 16:45:39
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 16:51:59 by it must be me, Dutchbeat? »
Ha habs, that is terrible

these horrible situations where no action from authorities follows and in the end the good people have to move

i don't think your waiting for well meant advice.....but here it is anyway...... ;D ;D ;D ;D in these cases i think you should try to talk to him, even if that sounds pointless, i think talking to him when you have the chance with a beer somewhere in your garden is the only way to get the situation between him and you and your family somewhat normalized, and repeat that when ever it is needed. I don't mean make an appointment to talk, but next time he happens to in his garden, the weather is ok, just say over the fence, do you want a beer and have two half liters cans of cold beer in your hand (this is the essential part of it). Even if he would not talk or it didn't work, there is nothing to loose because the beers are that man to man symbol of saying: i come in peace....i want peace

Don't move if you would only do that for him, you may find these types are anywhere, sometimes with different behaviors but very difficult anyway....it is a sort of Murphy's law that when you would go to the trouble to sell your house and move, next day when you closed the deal you will hear that he is moving / is getting divorced etc. Of course i don't know how bad it is, it sounds horrible, but talk to him, even try to listen to him... :o :o :o :o :o and give him a beer and repeat that almost on a two-weekly basis....if needed....if he can come in the next day and apologise once, it may be possible to have a chat (perhaps)

but the song is great, nice catchy melody and i think what is excellent about it that you managed to make the tune lightheated and almost cynically happy, whereas the subject is serious and aweful

would be a nice tune for a (cynical) happy house song, so if you want some beats or bass to pump it up, you know people who want to help you with that... ;D ;D ;D
me, myself, and Pie

Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 10:57:57
Thanks for the advice DB, tbh though I just want to move away, I have nothing to say to him, he has swastikas tattooed on his arms!   :o  we need a bigger house anyway.

As for the music, once I get my laptop back (it's being fixed) ill try to record some more stuff, get that collab machine running again :)

• Wicked Deeds

Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 11:56:56
Hey Hab,  sorry to hear about your troubles.  I think you're right, sometimes, it's more sensibke to move on.  Some oeople don't want to resolve disputes like this. It sounds like the problem is entirely his and that he is taking out his iwn insecurities on you (and his wife).  I hope that you can find a little peace soon.  your lyrics are a great read - an insight into what is really happening.
Paul

Reply #4 on: August 01, 2014, 23:49:11
WOW Hab :o that sounds awful...the neighbour situation, not your song :o the song is awesome...lyrics, melody, vocals :) and like DB said, you've made the song kind of

lighthearted rather than super heavy, which I think is good ;D if can do this with a situation like this, you'll fair better ;D make fun of the situation with your family

and send him loving energy, rather than hateful energy, and you'll see, the heaviness well shift (well in theory anyway ::) ) good luck in finding peace:) :)

xx
Move Tonight

Started by Mutrins on Songs for review

10 Replies
Last post June 05, 2016, 22:31:54
by Mutrins
xx
My Move to Illinois

Started by Vince on The kitchen café

5 Replies
Last post September 28, 2016, 18:38:58
by Mar T.
xx
Heineken making a move for the better....

Started by Jambrains on The kitchen café

2 Replies
Last post October 09, 2016, 21:30:39
by Dutchbeat
xx
Sometimes I Move In The Most Peculiar Grooves

Started by AshBordeaux on Songs for review

3 Replies
Last post October 27, 2017, 14:53:57
by AshBordeaux
xx
Move Tonight (re-working of a song)