• kitchen meeting via Zoom?
  • Started by Dutchbeat
Re: kitchen meeting via Zoom?
Reply #45 on: April 05, 2020, 17:06:53
Yes, great to meet you all! I'm now convinced you're not robots on Mars trying to take over my mind! Speaking of Mars @Mar T. I'd love to get a little creative with these emojis. I'm loving what's there but feel they need a Covid-19 makeover (eg. Toilet paper, masks and fences). Whadayareckon?
Find updates on my travels and music on http://peakd.com/@montycashmusic

Reply #46 on: April 05, 2020, 17:15:26
It was nice to see you all :D :D and I'm still amazed by @Goatrelated 's garden!! :)
Rachel  ::Rachel::
https://.com/rachel_debattista

Reply #47 on: April 05, 2020, 17:17:28
I agree with Bill, it’s really nice to get some faces with the nicknames.  :dance:

We all need this and if something this bad can be turned to a good thing in bringing us close together, at least that’s a positive and thanks for making this happen you guys.  ::headphone::

On a personal note I just wanted to say that I’m open for collaborations, although I must confess I’m not a live musician, on top of that have terrible stage fright and I’m very rusty from not having played any instruments or made anything seriously music wise for the last six months. That’s very very likely to change now, feels like I’ve been missing out on the good stuff.

::Rachel::
/Micke
Layerson (a.k.a. Mikael Lagersson)

Reply #48 on: April 05, 2020, 17:33:00
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 17:34:31 by Pleudoniem »
@Layerson I don't think any of us is going to put you down if your playing live sounds a little awkward :) The act of playing together is what counts, which is so much different from working track by track. I'm just hoping that we'll find software that has little enough latency to manage this. @budhabuilding is quite a hack when it comes to technological gadgets, possibly he may find something.

@Monty Cash Music The previous time when we were together with the Kitchen, it was close to the Luxemburg border. We had @Bill from November Sound join us on screen then. It's not exactly like the real thing, but better than nothing, and we quite enjoyed it. Let's just hope that the situation may have improved in early Autumn, and we'll see what we can do then.

Pleudoniem: composer; bass guitarist; guitarist; singer; drummer; tap-guitarist - o, and yes... erm- a bit of keys. Open for collabs.
SoundCloud Page: https://soundcloud.com/pleudoniem

Reply #49 on: April 05, 2020, 17:52:17
Thanks to everyone in the kitchen for a meeting!   ::phone::
Shatiks

Reply #50 on: April 05, 2020, 17:53:25
@Pleudoniem ok, sounds good, let's see how this situation develops by that time. Maybe I'll be let out of the country to gallavant again! Either way, a shared glass is a shared glass, no matter where on the globe we sit.

• LePlongeur
  • Sous Chef
  • In Tartiflette we trust

• Yesterday at 15:43:35
    • Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Reply #51 on: April 05, 2020, 19:32:51
@Mylene @siennalittle @Rachel_D @LePlongeur @Goatrelated @Dutchbeat @Monty Cash Music @Pleudoniem @oorlab @shatiks @budhabuilding @Layerson

It was so excellent to meet you all "in person"  :)   :ok:

Thank you!

@budhabuilding  Thank you so much for running the meeting!

Lovely to, at long last, see and hear many of the Kitcheners. Before this afternoon i could only read you.
@siennalittle  (a little late) congratulations!!!
@Mar T. , @Leonard Scaper , in short those who tried to attend but couldn't: You were really missed.
Thank you for the great idea and for the great making a bright idea work.....

Kind regards, Gus and love from the alzheimer mum to you all.

Reply #52 on: April 05, 2020, 20:29:49
Sounds like it was a good event !! Sorry I couldn't make it... maybe next time! Kudos for organising it!

K

• oorlab
  • Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
  • savoir vivre

• Yesterday at 22:33:33
    • netherlands
    • https://twitter.com/oorlab https://soundcloud.com/oorlab
  • more
Reply #53 on: April 05, 2020, 23:16:27
It was a good happening - all went well. I enjoyed seeing you guys, although I was not sure about my audio connection/

Till the next time! To quote the Queen - we'll meet  again
recommending https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_Music_Works "How music works", book by David Byrne.

Reply #54 on: April 05, 2020, 23:33:40
@Dutchbeat O, and erm... Me comparing you to Oliver Hardy with that bow tie was no harm intended  ;). I have always been a great fan of the duo, and the thing just looked funny on you. Ever tried on a bowler hat?  :)

Just to make sure you won't have any sleepless nights over it, and you start hoarding winegums   ;D

Reply #55 on: April 06, 2020, 10:12:54
Hi guys @oorlab @Bill from November Sound thanks for thinking of me. I've not had time to do much unfortunately, two children to look after and a Mrs working from home. I'll definitely try to get on the next one though :)

Reply #56 on: May 10, 2020, 17:11:45
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 17:55:33 by TDM »
Hey everybody, I know I'm VEEERY late with replying...

First of all thank you for including me but I was really busy lately and didn't even had much time to make music. Beside of being busy I had some serious panic attacks pushing my blood pressure randomly to the extreme. But i'm feeling much better now, just having a dry mouth and some other slight symptoms from time to time (not really worth to go deeper into details)

But just to make it clear - I'm back, I will make music again and I'm physically healthy (no virus can touch me  :D )

Hope everybody's doing fine during these difficult times.  :)

xx
Kitchen Acoustic Cafe on Zoom - Test run this Saturday

Started by Bill from November Sound on The kitchen café

47 Replies
Last post April 29, 2020, 13:48:47
by Dutchbeat
xx
Chance Meeting

Started by DMsoundz on Songs for review

8 Replies
Last post December 27, 2019, 20:00:32
by DMsoundz
xx
nice meeting (new video attempt!)

Started by Dutchbeat on The kitchen café

4 Replies
Last post March 21, 2019, 18:07:25
by Dutchbeat
xx
Kitchen percussion/instrument VST created esp. for the kitchen AND for free!!

Started by Mar T. on Songwriting Ingredients

14 Replies
Last post December 06, 2018, 18:23:59
by Dutchbeat
xx
Kitchen 5ys anniversary - New kitchen forum style

Started by Mar T. on Forum News/Updates

24 Replies
Last post September 05, 2018, 07:53:08
by LePlongeur