• Live gigs & summer shows
  • Started by Bill from November Sound
Live gigs & summer shows
on: June 30, 2019, 03:11:13
Anybody here playing out w/ live performances? Any big summer shows?  ;)
I see @realkevm got some good gigs for the summer.

NS is finally gaining some traction with the live shows. It's taken awhile to get respect and with that I'm really doing my best to change the music scene for the better.  :)

Anyway, I feel like we're putting together a really solid show, developing a brand and we're putting the original music right into the sets. People call us now and ask for us to play our original music. ( It's kind of weird ….. in a world dominated by low-quality 60's & 70's covers... ) …. and some of our original music wouldn't even exist without the kitchen and its "songwriting challenges". For that I'm very grateful! ( And next Christmas I especially look forward to "Two Hearts in the Snow" thanks to @MichaelA  !!! - because the person who hired us today wants us to come play for a Christmas party!)

I've also started a local project with original & acoustic open mic events to try to help songwriters get out and perform. I want people to have a supportive environment where they can try out their original creations. I'm taking the kitchen values to the street in my own part of the world!   @Mar T.  @Dutchbeat - you'll probably like that!

Bill
Songwriter, Keyboards, Arranger, Producer & Engineer for November Sound

November Sound is based on the Mother, Father & Son musical trio of Melissa, Bill & Will. I'm the father so anything I post will have my wife singing and/or my son playing percussion.

• Leonard Scaper
  • Global Moderator
  • Executive Chef
  • Guest Chef

• Yesterday at 22:22:32
    • Terra Firma
  • more
Re: Live gigs & summer shows
Reply #1 on: June 30, 2019, 10:56:25
Great to hear that November Sound is getting more traction.

https://novembersound.com/

Very cool that you are getting some originals into the set lists. My live days are pretty far behind me. With the cover band I always did originals during the breaks.
"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

"In a world of robotic conformity, the only originality left in music is the imperfections" Eric Craptone

"Special thanks to Steve Gleason for making me who I am today." Leonard Scaper

Lenny's Tunes: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=540680

https://soundcloud.com/vincentgleason

Reply #2 on: June 30, 2019, 17:59:48
Great to hear that November Sound is getting more traction.

https://novembersound.com/

Very cool that you are getting some originals into the set lists. My live days are pretty far behind me. With the cover band I always did originals during the breaks.

Thanks @Leonard Scaper. ... I'm more than certain you could still do live performances if you wanted to. Once you're doing it, it's hard to get off that train so I understand why you'd "stop".

I knew this lady who wrote real nice original tunes and wanted to play them during the break ..... the band leader said NO   :no:   What a jerk -  Some are just too insecure.
I think trying original stuff between sets is a great idea. (Depending on the venue of course)

NS is 5 years old now .... some say it takes 5 years to really make progress.

• Leonard Scaper
  • Global Moderator
  • Executive Chef
  • Guest Chef

• Yesterday at 22:22:32
    • Terra Firma
  • more
Reply #3 on: June 30, 2019, 19:37:53
I think trying original stuff between sets is a great idea. (Depending on the venue of course)

Yeah...definitely venue dependent. We were doing a lot of work at the ski areas in Vermont back then. 4 to 6 apres ski and then they'd feed and "water" us while we stuck around to do 9 to 1 for the same crowd. Some wild nights at times......good crowd for originals to , though. The summers were restaurants in Burlington, VT.......also good crowds for originals.

Those restaurants gigs turned into a string of solo gigs where I did all originals. When I left the North Country I left those gigs behind.

Reply #4 on: June 30, 2019, 20:27:13
Burlington is a nice little oasis of culture up there! ... almost a mini Boston.  :)
We we're just up in Newport. That place is really starting to come alive IMO.

• Mar T.
  • Senior Site Administrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • Pay it forward! (watch that movie..)

• Today at 01:19:35
    • Duiven
    • http://twitter.com/MartiMediaSC http://www.facebook.com/MartiMedia http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEBmQkchurQ https://soundcloud.com/martimedia
  • more
Reply #5 on: June 30, 2019, 23:39:04
Anybody here playing out w/ live performances? Any big summer shows?  ;)
I see @realkevm got some good gigs for the summer.

NS is finally gaining some traction with the live shows. It's taken awhile to get respect and with that I'm really doing my best to change the music scene for the better.  :)

Anyway, I feel like we're putting together a really solid show, developing a brand and we're putting the original music right into the sets. People call us now and ask for us to play our original music. ( It's kind of weird ….. in a world dominated by low-quality 60's & 70's covers... ) …. and some of our original music wouldn't even exist without the kitchen and its "songwriting challenges". For that I'm very grateful! ( And next Christmas I especially look forward to "Two Hearts in the Snow" thanks to @MichaelA  !!! - because the person who hired us today wants us to come play for a Christmas party!)

I've also started a local project with original & acoustic open mic events to try to help songwriters get out and perform. I want people to have a supportive environment where they can try out their original creations. I'm taking the kitchen values to the street in my own part of the world!   @Mar T.  @Dutchbeat - you'll probably like that!

@Bill from November Sound it makes me so happy to read this message, fanTAStic!! In a world dominated by mainstream music, I'm always searching for individuals, bands or any kind of formulas doing their own authentic 'thing'. That's one of the reasons I love to see the kitchen as a platform for those people to meet, collaborate, or get inspired. @Dutchbeat and I provide this platform out of love for you all dear kitcheners, it's from the heart. I looove reading about this initiative and reading that the kitchen helped inspire you guys..
Love, peace and cheers!!
Mar T.
:mart:
I'm proud of this track, check it out! https://soundcloud.com/martimedia/dreams

Reply #6 on: July 02, 2019, 02:06:38
You got some good gigs this summer @realkevm , right?

Your YouTube seems to grow consistently. Do you ask people to subscribe at your live shows? While performing or hanging at the bar after the set?  8)

Reply #7 on: July 02, 2019, 12:22:57
Ah brilliant @Bill from November Sound i'm so happy things are busy for you guys! You are great and deserve the opportunities. It's amazing that your own material is being welcomed :) I'm excited to see you're going to be running some open mic events, good for you it's a shame i'm so far away!
I've not got as many shows as I like but i'm concentrating on trying to get gigs out of my area and branch out a little, the one in Manchester is a pretty big deal, it's a 'cool' venue that lots of signed bands and singers have played at and famous people frequent. It's kind of like my big opportunity to get to the next level.

I usually mention my social media/youtube at my gigs (if I remember ha!) but the way i've got it to grow is to try and channel people to that one place - so on my Facebook page/twitter/instragram amd forums like this one I put links to my youtube content to try and guide people to the one place. I still put my stuff on Soundcloud and Spotify etc. My goal is to monetize my Youtube but i'm a long way off from that!

• MichaelA
  • Chef de Partie
  • Songwriting Addict

• August 31, 2019, 23:25:43
    • Somewhere near Liverpool, UK
    • HTTPS//:soundcloud.com/Michael-a-duffy
  • more
Reply #8 on: July 05, 2019, 12:43:44
Interesting and encouraging read @Bill from November Sound , glad those lyrics will come in handy!

I actually think your song 'Plastic Smile' would sound just fine with sleigh bells ringing in the background - if you run short of Christmas songs, that is. Nobody would notice!  ;D
If you like novels with a musical theme, why not try 'Sixth Beatle - When Music Changed The World', easily found on Amazon and Google. It is amazing, although as the author I may be biased!

lamp
Summer Breeze (summer hit idea) xD

Started by SoulAktor on Songs for review

8 Replies
Last post April 13, 2015, 22:49:53
by GTB
xx
Sambas & Cigarettes (live)

Started by realkevm on Live performances

12 Replies
Last post February 10, 2019, 23:08:13
by realkevm