• Most enjoyable, professional live concert
  • Started by G
  • Wicked Deeds

Most enjoyable, professional live concert
on: November 12, 2013, 19:40:31
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 20:01:35 by Wicked Deeds »
The title says it all.  Which professional concert have you attended and enjoyed most of all?

• Jess
  • Vegetable Chef
  • Who's that girl? It's Jess!

• March 13, 2014, 21:33:45
    • Cloud 9
  • more
Re: Most enjoyable, professional live concert
Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 17:16:24
I've never been to a concert! I once saw toploader briefly performing in some field by my house but everyone was so high they left after dancing in the moonlight (their only hit) :)
"When writing a song, if you're afraid to suck, you'll never write a note"

• Jess
  • Vegetable Chef
  • Who's that girl? It's Jess!

• March 13, 2014, 21:33:45
    • Cloud 9
  • more
Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 17:16:56
*just to clarify I wasn't high!

• digger72
  • Chef de Partie
  • The Comfortably Strange

• September 20, 2017, 10:11:34
  • more
Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 13:52:12
Motley Crue - 1989 Birmingham. Dr Feelgood Tour.

Awesome atmosphere. Crue at the height of their powers. It was like one giant party. Tommy Lee spinning upside down on his drum kit.
Plus i still had loads of hair!!

• Dutchbeat
  • MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • If you can stand the Beat, get into the Kitchen!

• Yesterday at 21:34:48
  • more
Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 13:54:31
Ahum, Faithless in D?sseldorf

followed by Faithless in Landgraaf  ;D ;D ;D ;D
me, myself, and Pie

Reply #5 on: November 19, 2013, 18:24:01
Fleet Foxes in Wolverhampton Civic Hall, the venue was like a grimey community centre but the band was AWESOME, pitch perfect and great with the crowd.

:)

• fischermans
  • Sous Chef
  • I'm always working on the big picture

• October 29, 2016, 08:52:39
    • Eynatten Belgium
    • https://www.facebook.com/Alexander.Fisch.Songwriter https://soundcloud.com/fischermans100
  • more
Reply #6 on: November 19, 2013, 19:18:36
Prince Lovesexy Tour in Dortmund Westfalenhalle 1988 with the great Sheila E. on the drum. Was perfect.

• Wicked Deeds

Reply #7 on: November 19, 2013, 19:46:32
I've been to some great concerts. My favourite writers - Lloyd Cole, Neil Finn, Paddy McAlon, and Roddy  Frame are all brilliant performers but I attended my favourite concert  when I was in my late teens. That was Wham on their  Make It Big Tour.  I've never been a fan and the ticket was a surprise 18th Birthday present from a friend.  George Michael is a fantastic vocalist and his band of session players were in a different class!  :)

The most skilful musician however was undoubtedly Roddy Frame - he captivates his audience playing alone. An amazing acoustic guitarist!  :)

Reply #8 on: November 20, 2013, 00:53:02

Got to be the Stones at Knebworth 1976.  Lynyrd Skynyrd played before them....and played such an amazing set,
 Freebird....blew me away...it was that good.  I remember the lead guitar player getting so carried away with the
 lead break that he ripped the wammy bar off of his guitar ;D   The Stones must have realised how good they were,
 because they made us wait for ages before they came on...but when they did, it was brilliant ;D ;D ;D  I think they knew they had
 to produce something special after what had been on stage before them.  And they did.....I've seen them a few times,
  over the years,and this was definitely their best....as far as I'm concerned anyway ;D ;D ;D

• seriousfun
  • Rotisseur

• November 10, 2018, 03:30:30
    • Rotorua, New Zealand
  • more
Reply #9 on: November 20, 2013, 01:36:04
For me it was Steely Dan about three years back in Auckland. I almost didnt go, but boy am I ever glad I did. They still have the chops. They sounded as good live as they did on vinyl all those years ago. I have always admired they way they were able to seamlessly blend those wonderful jazz touches into mainstream pop rock and create such a unique sound that no-one since has ever been able to replicate.
Part time musician, photographer, astronomer, computer pragramer and husband.

• fischermans
  • Sous Chef
  • I'm always working on the big picture

• October 29, 2016, 08:52:39
    • Eynatten Belgium
    • https://www.facebook.com/Alexander.Fisch.Songwriter https://soundcloud.com/fischermans100
  • more
Reply #10 on: November 20, 2013, 07:09:21
For me it was Steely Dan about three years back in Auckland. I almost didnt go, but boy am I ever glad I did. They still have the chops. They sounded as good live as they did on vinyl all those years ago. I have always admired they way they were able to seamlessly blend those wonderful jazz touches into mainstream pop rock and create such a unique sound that no-one since has ever been able to replicate.
Steely Dan is a real gem.Wow.