• off topic, but just wondering
  • Started by Dutchbeat
  • Dutchbeat
  • MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • If you can stand the Beat, get into the Kitchen!

• Today at 01:32:18
  • more
off topic, but just wondering
on: March 10, 2020, 21:52:41
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 21:55:33 by Dutchbeat »
dear kitchenauts, how is the situation with the Covid-19 or Corona virus in the place you live?

i am asking because it gets pretty serious out here...in the province i live we are basically asked to self quarantine ourselves  :P :P :P

and...will it be possible to have our meet fellow-kitchen-songwriters in real life summit event this summer?  ::) ::) ::)

me, myself, and Pie

• Michael
  • Rotisseur
  • Music Addict

• March 31, 2020, 09:15:30
    • Switzerland
    • https://soundcloud.com/michaelheider
  • more
Re: off topic, but just wondering
Reply #1 on: March 10, 2020, 22:16:00
Sounds already quite serious, @Dutchbeat ...

Around here, so far there is only a ban on large public gatherings and events, like football matches and exhibitions.

Personally I am not convinced that the general public hysteria, as reported on by the media, is quite justified to this extent.
But the financial fallout at work and many sectors of the economy will be very noticeable very soon...

Good time for us creative types to spend indoors in the company of just our instuments of choice!

• LePlongeur
  • Sous Chef
  • In Tartiflette we trust

• Yesterday at 15:43:35
    • Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Reply #2 on: March 11, 2020, 08:56:37
Do we live in the same country @Dutchbeat ?
Last Saturday, the 7th of March Noorder Gitaar Dag, in Zuidbroek Groningen.
One of the best guitarists of NL in my car for 2x2.5 hours, RTV noord, some 800 visitors. I was hugged by so many people......

Yesterday, the 10th open mic in café De Koe. A densly populated café on Tuesday evenings. Love it.

Today going to Amsterdam to my GP for my ears. By public transport of course....

Tomorrow meet up with my new young and beautiful coachee in the library in my suburb/village.

The answer is simple: some alcohol and all is free of bacteria.
As far as I know, no quarantaine measures in my part of the country.
Alors, we'll wait it out. What can we do. It's not the pest right?
santé!!!
Kind regards, Gus

• Dutchbeat
  • MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef

• more
Reply #3 on: March 12, 2020, 19:04:22
Do we live in the same country @Dutchbeat ?
Last Saturday, the 7th of March Noorder Gitaar Dag, in Zuidbroek Groningen.
One of the best guitarists of NL in my car for 2x2.5 hours, RTV noord, some 800 visitors. I was hugged by so many people......

Yesterday, the 10th open mic in café De Koe. A densly populated café on Tuesday evenings. Love it.

Today going to Amsterdam to my GP for my ears. By public transport of course....

Tomorrow meet up with my new young and beautiful coachee in the library in my suburb/village.

The answer is simple: some alcohol and all is free of bacteria.
As far as I know, no quarantaine measures in my part of the country.
Alors, we'll wait it out. What can we do. It's not the pest right?
santé!!!
Kind regards, Gus

hi @LePlongeur , sounds like you had a great time, but...i would not recommend hugging people at a concert  at this point in time, but if you do, you did that in the right place, up North, in a village in the province Groningen....few cases in the north until now

in the South, in the province of Brabant, because of the spread of the virus, we are supposed to...."avoid social interaction" and not go to work if we can work at home
and...it was announced just a few hours now that all concerts...congresses, sport events of some magnitude (more than 100 persons gathering together) are mandatorily cancellled till end of march

i think the Eurovision song contest in Rotterdam will also be cancelled, unless they just show the video clips of the songs and do with televoting
the european championship soccer...is postponed for a full year
and...the classic cycling contests in Flanders in Belgium all cancelled till end of march...i confess to love watching those...and so does @Goatrelated...right? It is going to be a spring without pop concerts and sports events

any others kitchenauts out here experiencing restirctions or cancellations because of the virus?

Reply #4 on: March 13, 2020, 02:23:56
Hi @Dutchbeat  .  They're cancelling everything here … but we only have 4 reported cases so far. They want to act fast before it gets big, I guess.

It is sad. Some of what is being cancelled is really once in a lifetime events for some: school concerts, music festivals, sporting championships, school musicals … for kids in high school that was it for them.  :(
Other things not so much .. but still sad: Broadway shows, concerts, pro sports, college sports, college classes and activities …. some of our gigs   :bonk: 
Bill
Songwriter, Keyboards, Arranger, Producer & Engineer for November Sound

November Sound is based on the Mother, Father & Son musical trio of Melissa, Bill & Will. I'm the father so anything I post will have my wife singing and/or my son playing percussion.

• oorlab
  • Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
  • savoir vivre

• Yesterday at 22:33:33
    • netherlands
    • https://twitter.com/oorlab https://soundcloud.com/oorlab
  • more
Reply #5 on: March 13, 2020, 10:06:28
Yes @Dutchbeat , this is a big crisis, and we need to follow the advice of the scientists, experts and doctors pronto. Wether it is the plague or pest, @LePlongeur  remains t o be seen, the jury is still out on that one. The fact that we live in a hyper globalized world with much travelling and trade, makes us very vulnerable to pandemic events.

I watched the debate in the Dutch Parliament last night - and  I heard grown up exchange of arguments. We need tough measures asap, the sooner the better.
For musicians, those that earn a living by playing live music, it will be a hard time. Hoping that after this virus has gone we can go to concerts again and catch up.
@Bill from November Sound  - after the virus is gone, I hope to visit one of your gigs. And that  you can do a tour of the EU.

recommending https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_Music_Works "How music works", book by David Byrne.

Reply #6 on: March 13, 2020, 23:06:11
Well @oorlab  … I believe my gigs would be very underwhelming to all of you. But, it's what we do.

Melissa and I want to get out to the Netherlands to meet you all in person but it appears it won't happen anytime soon.  :-\

Everything has been cancelled here for a minimum of two weeks. I can't go to work. I can't go workout. I can't do much of anything.

• Dutchbeat
  • MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef

• more
Reply #7 on: March 15, 2020, 18:01:32
Well @oorlab  … I believe my gigs would be very underwhelming to all of you. But, it's what we do.

Melissa and I want to get out to the Netherlands to meet you all in person but it appears it won't happen anytime soon.  :-\

Everything has been cancelled here for a minimum of two weeks. I can't go to work. I can't go workout. I can't do much of anything.

hi @Bill from November Sound , luckily you have your recording studioand instruments at home
o:

and...i realize that is not funny topic, so i hope it is ok to link to this vide

• LePlongeur
  • Sous Chef
  • In Tartiflette we trust

• Yesterday at 15:43:35
    • Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Reply #8 on: March 15, 2020, 19:39:20

Sorry to contradict you, but yes you can.
You can write tons of lovely music.
Hey, what a fresh look at matters huh?
So, if ever you are in need of advice you already knew, please come to me.
kind regards, Gus

clip
just wondering about our 1000th topic....never mind... thanks kitchenistas!!!!!

Started by Dutchbeat on The kitchen café

0 Replies
Last post June 30, 2015, 16:22:23
by Dutchbeat
xx
Cycling has changed (an off topic: tour de france topic)

8 Replies
Last post August 14, 2016, 11:46:48
by redmando
xx
it would not be amused (sorry a completely off topic topic again)

1 Replies
Last post July 07, 2015, 20:09:32
by digger72
xx
off topic but...

1 Replies
Last post February 08, 2016, 09:53:17
by Goatrelated
xx
a nerds only topic.....