• R u up for dancing - in my music video? #dancingathome
  • Started by JimByrne
  • JimByrne
  • Junior Cook
  • Songwriting Tutor

• May 26, 2020, 17:55:03
  • more
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 11:33:16 by JimByrne »
I'm posting this here first - because I'd like you to tell me if this 'accidental pop song' I've written is up to the task - outlined in the following idea.

'R u up for being in my music video? I've nearly finished my 'accidental dancy pop' song (I just need to re-do the vocals) and I've got an idea for a 'Lockdown' video. Here's how it could work. I post a private link to the song - and you video yourself dancing to it  - or get someone to video you dancing to it, e.g. on your phone.

Hopefully there will be lots of people who will participate. I then make a video with you and all the other dancers in it. I will put it out out with a hashtag - something like #dancingathome. It's a  communal Lockdown dance. 🙂 You get to have some fun (and exercise) and I get a video for my song. A fair exchange?

I don't really know what genre the songs is. Making a stab at it, I'd say, a mix of 80s synthpop, 90s / Euro dance with quirky left-field lyrics - more suited to chamber pop. That's the best I can do. Could be summed up by the word 'quirky'. '

I know it's not 'pop' as in what is in the charts at the moment - or what gets played on the radio in 2020. That's not my expectation - so no need to disabuse me of that notion. As I say in my message - it's about having some communal fun - by dancing at home. :-)

The song is called 'Do You Remember Marseille?'.

For your ears only, you can find it on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/jim-byrne/do-you-remember-marseille/s-3Un082d3Ifb

Turn it up! Dance!

Remember the vocal is just a scratch vocal - so I'm likely to replace it - unless you think it's ok as it is?

Thanks,
Jim

Songwriting Magic course on Udemy: https://www.udemy.com/course/songwriting-magic/?referralCode=9B035131EC5154CA40CB
A musician and songwriter since I was a teenager.  I am now 58.  I have co-written with Marti Pellow (Wet Wet Wet) and Carol Kidd MBE.

Oh @JimByrne  ... I guess you couldn't help me on the karaoke track post!  ;D

You want people to dance? Oh boy I think that'll be a tough sell around here. :lol: There might be someone.  ??? Maybe.
Bill
Songwriter, Keyboards, Arranger, Producer & Engineer for November Sound

November Sound is based on the Mother, Father & Son musical trio of Melissa, Bill & Will. I'm the father so anything I post will have my wife singing and/or my son playing percussion.

• JimByrne
  • Junior Cook
  • Songwriting Tutor

• May 26, 2020, 17:55:03
  • more
Oh @JimByrne  ... I guess you couldn't help me on the karaoke track post!  ;D

You want people to dance? Oh boy I think that'll be a tough sell around here. :lol: There might be someone.  ??? Maybe.

You are right - it certainly seems to be the case - as there has been no takers. It's just a bit of fun to ease the lockdown blues.

I'll have a look at your karaoke - though I've never done karaoke in my life - so I'm probably not the best candidate.

Best,
Jim

No @JimByrne   ….  :D   … I didn't want you to do karaoke! I was just asking for advice from a pro regarding copyrights etc. since someone wanted to use my song for karaoke.  Lane helped me out though. 

I just can't think of anyone who wants to dance.
@LePlongeur  recently posted something about how dancing isn't his thing.
I think @Dutchbeat is a really good dancer, though.  ;D

• LePlongeur
  • Sous Chef
  • In Tartiflette we trust

• Yesterday at 21:49:51
    • Greater Amsterdam
  • more
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 07:43:45 by LePlongeur »
You are absolutely right @Bill from November Sound
On the sidewalk in front of De Koe (musicians café in Amsterdam), I was invited to dance by one of the most beautiful young women I know. And even then I said: thanks, but no thanks.

I pity the old men who dance with too young women, and I pity the women too. Or the women specially.

So, @JimByrne , I am sorry, but where dancing is concerned you’re on your own.
Kind regards, Gus

Edit: typos

xx
no dancing allowed video? ahh..

Started by Dutchbeat on Songs for review

44 Replies
Last post February 06, 2019, 21:20:51
by Leonard Scaper
xx
My New Music video/song

Started by Troispr on Songs for review

12 Replies