• Michelin Starred Chef
  • Pay it forward! (watch that movie..)

• Yesterday at 18:48:53
    • Duiven
  • more
Songwriters in the Kitchen on SoundCloud
on: August 11, 2015, 01:04:56
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 01:15:04 by MartiMedia »
Hi all, I'm in the middle of my holidays so my post rate is a bit lower than what you're used to (will return to 'normal' in september). Holidays give some time to think and I noticed the following weird situation. ;)

The Kitchen has it's own SoundCloud page: https://soundcloud.com/songwriters-inthe-kitchen and it has 2 problems:
1. 'In' and 'The' are combined to 1 word, so the page isn't easy to look up using search on SoundCloud
2. There is no music on the SC page!

So here's 2 idea's
1. Let's correct the name and style the SC page just like the new blue colours on the forum
2. Let's collect some music on this SC page! Maybe we can create a poll every month listing all finished work in that timeframe and vote for a top 5? Then on the SC page we can publish the winning songs on a playlist. I saw another forum doing that and I liked it!

I don't know who manages the Kitchen's SC page, but if you want I'll manage it from now on, style it and organize the polls every month.
But most important: do you like this idea? MM

I'm proud of this track, check it out! https://soundcloud.com/martimedia/dreams

• Dutchbeat
  • MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • If you can stand the Beat, get into the Kitchen!

• Yesterday at 22:16:38
  • more
Re: Songwriters in the Kitchen on SoundCloud
Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 09:05:23
Hi Marti!

Fischermans has set up that Soundcloud page, but yes i like the idea! It is good if we make that souncloudpage a more active. I think / expect Fisch will agree tpp

Perhaps we can have the winning songs from our songwriting challenges on there?

and / or songs that are the result of a collab in any form of two or more members of this forum?

me, myself, and Pie

• Dutchbeat
  • MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef

• more
Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 09:12:35
and......Have a good holiday, Marti!!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

• seriousfun
  • Rotisseur

• November 10, 2018, 03:30:30
    • Rotorua, New Zealand
  • more
Reply #3 on: August 11, 2015, 10:22:23
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 10:23:59 by seriousfun »
I am strongly in favour of developing the soundcloud page, but I wonder if a competition is the best way we could do this.  Some months there could be some strong contenders that miss out and other months there could be some not so strong songs put on the page.

I wonder if there is a way we could have a recognition system that relies not on meeting a specific quota in a set time frame, but rather recognises songs of exceptional quality regardless of when it is posted or how long since the last one is recognised.  Such a system could take a bit of working out, but it would ensure that we have an extremely high quality playlist on the soundcloud page which may enventuate in more followers for the page and the contributors and also for the forum as a whole. Anything that can highlight the immense talent here has to be a good thing.

I put this idea out here for some thought as I really don't know how it could be implemented, but I am sure the results would be really beneficial.

One way of running such a system could be to have a set panel of say, 5 with an optional 6th to be included when a song of one of the existing panels is up for consideration. This would ensure that the panel is always unbiased. Any panel could nominate any song when ever they feel they a song deserves to be recognised. Then the panel would all give a score of 1-10 and if the song meets the threshold it is placed on the page. Such a threshold would of course need to be set. This is just one simple suggestion. Others may have better ideas than lowly I. Or we could just have competitions.......
Part time musician, photographer, astronomer, computer pragramer and husband.

• Dutchbeat
  • MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef

• more
Reply #4 on: August 11, 2015, 17:57:31
I agree (with mr. Seriousfun, and also with Marti)

that it would be nice if the kitchen soundcloud page has a very nice selection of kitchen songwriters finest...

but i think having a whole selection procedure with a panel is perhaps taking it too far....

and it will always be a matter of taste.....regardless of how many panel members we have, unless we ask Simon Cowell to do the selection for us  ;) ;D ;D ;D

what if we just let the kitcheneers who are on this forum regularly just select only one song from their own oevre, so they can only choose one, and if they write a better song in the future they can replace it

and perhaps have a more random voting system for other new songs form kitcheneers and kitchennettes, for instance if someone of us places a new finished track and...let's say four fellow kitcheneers nominate it for placement on the Kitchen Soundcloud place, it is in????

just some thoughts...but let's waite for more responses and ideas
and also on Fischermans' response, because he opened that songwriters in the kitchen soundcloud page....he may have very specific plans for it

who knows....it is all just a big scam from Fisch.... to get offered huge Karma point bribes... to be allowed to feature on this soundcloud page  ;D ;D :o :o :o

• fischermans
  • Sous Chef
  • I'm always working on the big picture

• October 29, 2016, 08:52:39
    • Eynatten Belgium
    • https://www.facebook.com/Alexander.Fisch.Songwriter https://soundcloud.com/fischermans100
  • more
Reply #5 on: August 11, 2015, 22:00:34
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 22:31:11 by fischermans »
After I worked a bit on the site I hope it is now better.
https://soundcloud.com/songwriter-in-the-kitchen
I added some playlists from the last few challenges but lost all songs which are not on soundcloud. For example the songs which are on youtube.
The idea from dutch is very good.Every kitchener can give his best song for a "All the best Kitchen songs" playlist.
@ Marti
The first point was because you only can use 25 characters including the blank places for the name.Now I changed it and we lost the last "s" from songwriters.

Reply #6 on: August 11, 2015, 23:02:54
Looks cool Alexander!

I like the idea of Kitchen playlists.... Think it would be hard to vote independently for songs to be included unless you could have a "like" button or similar on a post but I don't think that's possible..

Lovely to see the updated page.

Z

• fischermans
  • Sous Chef

• Eynatten Belgium
    • https://www.facebook.com/Alexander.Fisch.Songwriter https://soundcloud.com/fischermans100
  • more
Reply #7 on: August 11, 2015, 23:11:12
Looks cool Alexander!

I like the idea of Kitchen playlists.... Think it would be hard to vote independently for songs to be included unless you could have a "like" button or similar on a post but I don't think that's possible..

Lovely to see the updated page.

Z
The idea is to have lists from the challenges we made and also one big playlist with the best song of each kitchener which can be sorted out from each one himself.

• Mar T.
  • Senior Site Administrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef

• Duiven
  • more
Reply #8 on: August 11, 2015, 23:14:18
Wow Alexander beautiful to see the SC page in the kitchen style. I agree with the idea's about the playlist per collab and the one best song of every kitcheneer! Great work!! MM

• Dutchbeat
  • MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef

• more
Reply #9 on: August 12, 2015, 14:45:20
Yes ,  i agree, it looks good, Fisch!!!!

nice, who will take the lead on collecting the songs from the regulars who want to have their best song on the songwriters in the kitchen soundcloud? Perhaps you want to do that Marti to try to get the regulars to mention and send their kitchen songwriters finest song? in the last and best mix? And everybody is welcome but i think for this we do need to set some rule for when one is a regular of this forum, i think.....Again.... everybody is very, very welcome, but we would get a lot of songs if anyone who ever subscribed could select a song, so perhaps a criterium like.... ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? having at least 20 posts....or having collected 15 karma points or more...or is that silly  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

• Mar T.
  • Senior Site Administrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef

• Duiven
  • more
Reply #10 on: August 12, 2015, 15:21:40
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 15:25:11 by MartiMedia »
I agree DB, I think there needs to be a treshhold, I'd say at least 50 posts and 25 karma points.
Once we agree on this treshold I'll open a new thread to ask everybody to mention their 'finest' song! MM

• ianw
  • Patissier
  • Karma hunter

• February 22, 2019, 09:21:21
    • https://www.facebook.com/ian.winick.5
  • more
Reply #11 on: August 12, 2015, 16:03:04
Great idea, Marti.

Not sure about the 50-post threshold, though - I think ten should be enough to establish someone as an active member.

I also think it is best for everyone to nominate one song that best represents themselves.

Greetings from muggy Cologne

Ian

• fischermans
  • Sous Chef

• Eynatten Belgium
  • more
Reply #12 on: August 12, 2015, 16:11:53
I agree. Something round about 50 posts and 25 karma points is ok.May at can be 35 posts and 20 karma points but something around. Thanks Marti for taking action. :D

• Dutchbeat
  • MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef

• more
Reply #13 on: August 12, 2015, 16:37:07
we start to sound like accountants  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

our obsession with karma points starts to become worrying  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

but let's set it on 35 posts and 20 karma points, Marti is in charge of this operation in case of any disagreements  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

it could be perhaps be nice that as soon as a new member reaches 35 posts and 20 karmapoints he or she will be invited to select and place their best track on the kitchen soundcloud

needless to say that people are also free not to want that and just hang out here on the forum