• The lighthouse keepers daughter: Liesbeth List
  • Started by LePlongeur
  • LePlongeur
  • Sous Chef
  • In Tartiflette we trust

• Today at 14:40:22
    • Greater Amsterdam
  • more
I very much dislike posting music in somebody elses threat. It distracts attention from the things you posted @robertkc .
I'd rather post it on neutral ground.

Mikis Theodorakis (Greece) released an LP called Matausen. Liebeth List did the entire cycle in Dutch. This is one of the 4 songs.

The second song is a sing yourself high song by Liesbeth List and Ramses Shaffy.
The Shaffy Cantate. Which was locked in Dutch hearts against all odds.

And:

Ahhhh...., don't get me started.
The songs and lyrics I am 'famous' for in a small circle, and feel reluctant to do in English, originated in Ramses parties. He was honoured in a 6 x 10 (?)meter work of art in a recently opened Amsterdam Metro line.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=IlpDJOcp&id=8380E605DEAC17F1789AE482D16A9822744D2AE9&thid=OIP.IlpDJOcpmGJDhfqul4Mp8AHaFj&mediaurl=http%3a%2f%2fwww.fransmensonides.nl%2ffoto18%2famsterdam_ramses.jpg&exph=600&expw=800&q=ramses+in+metrostation&simid=608054367407376513&selectedIndex=241&ajaxhist=0

She's withdrawn from public life, but I am going to try to draw her attention to your wonderful song.
Kind regards, Gus

Re: The lighthouse keepers daughter: Liesbeth List
Reply #1 on: June 30, 2019, 18:04:19
These are really cool @LePlongeur ! I wish I understood the language of Dutch but I do understand the language of music. Thanks for sharing.
Maybe I can learn some Dutch with duolingo app? If Melissa and I go to visit @Dutchbeat next summer I'll need some I think. :)
Bill
Songwriter, Keyboards, Arranger, Producer & Engineer for November Sound

November Sound is based on the Mother, Father & Son musical trio of Melissa, Bill & Will. I'm the father so anything I post will have my wife singing and/or my son playing percussion.

• LePlongeur
  • Sous Chef

• Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Reply #2 on: June 30, 2019, 19:33:41
I never heard of the duolingo app, so I'm afraid I know as much as you.
If the two of you want to learn some Dutch just for fun, that's nice. But being a very small country (even if I count the Flemish and Fries in), we're used to being visited by people who don't speak Dutch.

It's not an easy language, but a lot (LOT) more staright forward than English where you read something and say something else.

And you are right, Liesbeth and Ramses were extra ordinarily gifted people. Extra ordinarliy kind people too.

I'm going to check out this app. Thanks for the tip. I want to learn Russian, for if they come - and Bahasa Indonesia to order their delicious food.
Kind regards, Gus

Reply #3 on: June 30, 2019, 20:29:54
well @LePlongeur  ... I'd say duolingo is more fun than educational in a way. If you play it like a game and keep your expectations low then you're probably better off. I've been playing French, Spanish and Irish.

Reply #4 on: July 01, 2019, 00:24:38
Liesbeth has a lovely voice @LePlongeur - thanks for the links.
I like the theatre of the third song. No idea of the meaning except she sings like a reclining angel to tarzan in sparkles!

Robert

• LePlongeur
  • Sous Chef

• Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Reply #5 on: July 01, 2019, 06:38:32
The Mautausen song is a solo LP track by Liesbeth. The still is a photo of her being with Jaques Brel, Scott Walker (US ) did the complete or near complete catalogue in English where as Jaques sung mainly in French.

When you read the lyrics, the last one is a bit in the whiter shade of pale vein.
It's a dialogue between the conceited sun (alles draait om my heen - everything revolves around me) and the child (Liesbeth) on a beach, asking the sun to shine on her.

At the time it was believed that the whole song was inspired on the mystical mood of Mozart's magic flute.  And it was in the top 40 for 14 weeks or so.
A lot of this I remember mainly because in september 1969 I worked in a record store on the Rembrandtplein, and I took pride to know all there was to know about certain records. Now, I have WIKI at hand to check. And I did. I think music like this is the part of Dutch music that turns the corners of my mouth up.

Enjoy!
Kind regards, Gus

xx
Selkie's Daughter

Started by Siobhan Dakay on Songs for review

14 Replies
Last post October 21, 2016, 11:17:25
by Zedd
xx
Heartbeat (daughter) - Positive Song

Started by thewinefestival on Songs for review

5 Replies
Last post March 19, 2018, 13:39:53
by Goatrelated
xx
It's a Weekend! My daughter sings a song I wrote.

Started by tompaul on Songs for review

14 Replies
Last post May 30, 2017, 13:21:19
by Cool Hand
xx
Follow The Lighthouse Little Boy

Started by Tiago.Mendes.Rodrigues on Songs for review

13 Replies
Last post November 15, 2015, 20:24:03
by Tiago.Mendes.Rodrigues
xx
LIghthouse Keeper YouTube video