• digger72
  • Chef de Partie
  • The Comfortably Strange

• September 20, 2017, 10:11:34
  • more
The Model
on: December 03, 2014, 21:33:01
Hi all,

Not been doing much musically lately - got other issues, but we finally finished our cover of The Model. We weren't sure if to do it in German or English, so this has a bit of both. Hoping to have some original stuff out soonish, but...

Hope some of you like it.

Cheers,

Digger

• Dutchbeat
  • Administrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • If you can stand the Beat, get into the Kitchen!

• Today at 21:47:19
  • more
Re: The Model
Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 13:38:48
awesome! the music is very exact, i mean like the original but with a great sound (and ha, that snare sound is so spot on)

and great vocal from Katja, cool version!!!!!

what this song misses, i mean the original song, is a climax, well it is deliberately all very cool and collected, but i miss a sort of big finale. I have that will all Kraftwerk songs, they deliberately stay so structured and down to earth and cool that it misses something of the ultimate joy that music is / can be, in my opinion, but that sort of is the point of their music, all very robotic and machine like

But what a great cover and what a good sound (mixwise)
me, myself, and Pie

Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 22:33:34
 Hey Digger,

Loved the song and vid......especially liked the floating yorkshire puddings in the vid ;D ;D ;D

I just wanted a bit more 'strength' in the vocal...........but it is a beautiful voice you have Katja  ;D ;D

Good luck with the job Digger......and the footie ;D ;D ;D

• fischermans
  • Sous Chef
  • I'm always working on the big picture

• October 29, 2016, 08:52:39
    • Eynatten Belgium
    • https://www.facebook.com/Alexander.Fisch.Songwriter https://soundcloud.com/fischermans100
  • more
Reply #3 on: December 05, 2014, 16:08:57
Very good song and as dutch said the music is very exact like the original but thats exact what I would criticize if you ask me. It?s not enough your own version as  I?m sure it could be, but nevertheless well done.
Alexander