• MrBouzouki
  • Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
  • "Let the Creators Create" :-)

• May 11, 2022, 23:08:14
    • Sheffield, UK
  • more
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 14:18:29 by MrBouzouki »
Well as if I haven't got enough to do in Deep Space, the positive reaction to the Pilgrims Way has got me thinking about an instrumental album called the Pilgrims Way.
It would be in the neo-Celtic genre (whatever that is) ;D ;D ;D ;D

Musically, this first track gets you on the Island then possible songs titles are:-

The Pilgrims Way
The Priory
Vikings !
The North Shore
On The Wings of a Bird
The Pilgrims Way reprise

I've obviously get plenty of time to do all this .... ha ha ...  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
"Love and Life is all about connections"

Lovely idea!

I presume you're familiar with the Brendan Voyage - mostly on uileann pipes by the (recently) late and very great Liam O'Flynn, composed by Shaun Davey - it's not all instrumental but there is some beautiful music on there..

Look forward to hearing this progress.... how exciting!

K

I'll be following this project....sounds great.

We need a popcorn eating emoji.
"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

"In a world of robotic conformity, the only originality left in music is the imperfections" Eric Craptone

"Special thanks to Steve Gleason for making me who I am today." Leonard Scaper

Lenny's Tunes: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=540680

• MrBouzouki
  • Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
  • "Let the Creators Create" :-)

• May 11, 2022, 23:08:14
    • Sheffield, UK
  • more
Cheers @Zedd

No I hadn't heard about The Brendan Voyage, in 1980 when it was released I was in my pre-folk days listening to Led Zeppelin, Thin Lizzy, Camel, Yes and jazzy guitarists like Al Di Meola, John McLaughlin and Larry Carlton. The Irish folk thing didn't come for me until later although, as I mentioned to @LePlongeur in another post, I liked Lindisfarne and a few others like Fairport Convention.  One to check out I think ;-)

Loved Liam O'Flynn and Planxty ... I have the Live 2004 DVD and often give it a whirl. Obviously with the bouzouki I have an interest in Andy Irvine and Dónal Lunny. I watched Andy Irvine in a pub in Sheffield once as a solo gig. Amazing bit of playing, singing and story-telling. It was quite a night and the Guinness flowed ;-)

Already a fan particularly of Fairport Convention! Must revisit Lindisfarne. Thanks @MrBouzouki !

Yes that Planxty live album is a go-to of mine - we play it a lot in this house.. And in fact I have met all three of those you name.. DL, a particular favourite of mine (and a leftie too :) !), I'm completely transfixed by him live the way he drives the rhythm... I'm guessing you know Moving Hearts too? Some outstanding low whistle work by Davy Spillane on their stuff. Saw them live a year ago and they were magical! And I guess Andy Irvine has that perfect "trad" voice.. I once saw him, Donal Lunny, Liam O'Flynn and Paddy Glackin play in a little church in Sligo in the NW of Ireland - it really was something else.. up there with my all time favourite gigs..

The Brendan Voyage is lovely - actually Water under the Keel was played on pipes and organ as I walked up the aisle... Not by Liam O'Flynn although he did recommend the fella who did :)

K

question
New Album "helloWorld" / Christmas Song "Cristmas Kiss"

Started by TrevorGilligan on Songs for review

2 Replies
Last post December 17, 2017, 16:58:04
by TrevorGilligan
smiley
Lance Houck - "Caterpillar" from the album "Let There Be Music"

Started by californiacapuchin on Songs for review

2 Replies
Last post January 02, 2016, 00:37:23
by californiacapuchin
xx
My short instrumental song called "Drop". CHECK IT OUT!

Started by Introverse77 on Songs for review

6 Replies
Last post April 01, 2018, 17:11:09
by Kajetan Zduniak
xx
My new instrumental song "Western Ego Search Engine"

Started by Introverse77 on Songs for review

3 Replies
Last post June 22, 2018, 20:53:26
by reidmoto
xx
Idea for a fun musical game ? "The Memory Lane Machine"