• the pulse modulator (VST) from audio damager
  • Started by Dutchbeat
  • Dutchbeat
  • MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • If you can stand the Beat, get into the Kitchen!

• Today at 01:05:37
  • more
the pulse modulator (VST) from audio damager
on: June 26, 2014, 19:24:15
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 19:26:12 by it must be me, Dutchbeat? »
i didn't know whether i should put this in the gear section....or in the useful section right away... ;D ;D ;D

i just added this VST called "pulse modulator" (from audio damage) in the remixing of that habitat / dutchbeat mix

this was the last version (version 2), but wait for the new version (ha duh, that would be version 3, i think....)
https://soundcloud.com/dutchbeat-1/if-i-fall-will-you-be-there-from-habitat-second-mixing

but is so good.....(the FX/ VST), you can make analogue sounding synthy lines out of any track and control it (timingwise, soundwise)

i just used the (default) "Shimmer Sync" preset, and that already is so good that i felt i should recommend it....to anyone who wants to make music that sounds like the more analogue synthesizer bleeps and blops, this is a very good tool that will make you very lazy

and no, i have no commercial ties to it....i just was struck by how good and easy it works... ;D ;D ;D ;D
me, myself, and Pie

• Michael
  • Rotisseur
  • Music Addict

• March 31, 2020, 09:15:30
    • Switzerland
    • https://soundcloud.com/michaelheider
  • more
Re: the pulse modulator (VST) from audio damager
Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 16:02:53
I just watched a demo video of it on Youtube... seems like an interesting plugin - but I wouldn't know what to do with it  ???

What did you use it on in the remix?

• Dutchbeat
  • MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef

• more
Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 16:15:03
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 16:20:42 by it must be me, Dutchbeat? »
ah, i am glad someone asked  ;D ;D ;D

no seriously, i used it in version three of the habitat song (it is somewhere out here or on my soundcloud), i just copied some of habitats singing lines on a separate track, especially the more high lines form Habs singing, and on that copied track i put this pulse modulator from audio damager and played with the sparse, yet effective knobs on this, and it gives this analogue synthy blop - bleep like line in seconds, i mean it does sound a bit like it, and if i really had to play it / make it with a synth it would take an hour or so at least.....and to get it right hours

i will put just a little bit on your vocal, Michael, and put it on a separate track of our current mix, you will se what happens with your vocal turning into a nice trancey synthy bleepy - blob thingy

ah, thanks i could explain that!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

*edit, ok in that mix i put it on the high guitar notes as well as on the vocals, on the vocals is where you can hear what i mean......how effective it can be to add this for more like dance productions.....if that makes any sense  ;D ;D ;D ;D (well, you will hear it in your mix tonight  ;D)

• Dutchbeat
  • MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef

• more
Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 16:30:36
@ Michael, thank you for reminding me, i just applied this on your high parts ("the perfect killlllllll....) and there you go, there is that trance repetative bleepy synth that it needed...

it is a really simply but effective fx, if you want to make the sort of music i am trying to make at the moment  ;D ;D ;D ;D

xx
Not buying VST's when you can do it yourself

Started by MrBouzouki on Songwriting Ingredients

6 Replies
Last post December 29, 2018, 03:10:17
by Timothy Smith
xx
Free VST instruments???

Started by habiTat on The kitchen café

0 Replies
Last post January 14, 2014, 17:43:02
by habiTat
xx
audio advertisments......via soundcloud?

Started by Dutchbeat on The kitchen café

7 Replies
Last post March 28, 2018, 17:43:57
by LePlongeur
xx
Free Audio Samples

Started by ImKeN on Songwriting Ingredients

5 Replies
Last post May 17, 2017, 23:47:55
by ImKeN
xx
Exporting audio question_lowering the fader