• Unwanted reactions
  • Started by Songwriter16
Unwanted reactions
on: March 17, 2020, 12:28:04
Hey there, I start to receive unwanted reactions on my Soundcloud account of people who promise the world if you connect them. I'm always a bit suspicious about these affaires so I block them right away. Do you recognize this and what are your succesful actions to prevent this??

Re: Unwanted reactions
Reply #1 on: March 17, 2020, 17:38:39
Hey there, I start to receive unwanted reactions on my Soundcloud account of people who promise the world if you connect them. I'm always a bit suspicious about these affaires so I block them right away. Do you recognize this and what are your succesful actions to prevent this??

Hi @Songwriter16  …. when you first start at SC … you get a lot of that. Just block and report and they'll start to go away.
Don't do any of that promotion stuff because if you have 10 followers but 10,000 plays on your track people will think YOU are the scammer.  :o

We used to get those messages all the time but one we built up "real" relationships with a nice network of people they kind of disappeared. Now I always block random people who message with a "Hey listen to my new track!" kind of personal message. It's too bad because some of them could be kind of cool. I occasionally will message back and politely suggest they don't spam people.  ;) It usually doesn't work.

Most people here at the kitchen would rather have many less followers and have people who really listen to their songs. ( I think as far as followers go NS has more than average for kitcheners but we have the advantage of being more people to do the social media stuff.)

Anyway, blocking them is the way to go.  :)
Bill
Songwriter, Keyboards, Arranger, Producer & Engineer for November Sound

November Sound is based on the Mother, Father & Son musical trio of Melissa, Bill & Will. I'm the father so anything I post will have my wife singing and/or my son playing percussion.

Re: Unwanted reactions
Reply #2 on: March 17, 2020, 17:47:27
Thanks Bill. A very useful reaction. Don't let it prevent you from listening to my music. Love to hear your reviews...!!