• Video and film making
  • Started by Bill from November Sound
Video and film making
on: January 20, 2019, 23:53:53
I admire the video work of @Marcus Nalgaber. In one of his songs for review I mentioned how nice his videos are.... and I wanted some advice. I started a new thread so as not to get off topic.

So @Marcus Nalgaber .... you said be sure to get a good camera and then it is easy.  ::) I have a Canon Vixia  G20 camcorder and a Panasonic G7 Mirrorless. ... I've ordered a 50mm 1.8 lens for the mirrorless as well ....

What else do I do?
I keep trying but my videos don't even come close to what you make.  :bonk:

Anyone else want to help out?
Bill
Songwriter, Keyboards, Arranger, Producer & Engineer for November Sound

November Sound is based on the Mother, Father & Son musical trio of Melissa, Bill & Will. I'm the father so anything I post will have my wife singing and/or my son playing percussion.

Re: Video and film making
Reply #1 on: January 23, 2019, 22:31:53
Well @Bill from November Sound  it looks like there's no takers on the how to make a better video front.  There is a lot of stuff on the subject on the internet, but who knows what is good advise or bad,

I do watch a lot of videos though. The ones that hold my attention have good sound quality  and also that don't shake.  If the sound is bad I don't stay on the site very long and I can't stand a shaky video.

Now how to get good sound quality on a video, - I have no clue.  I think you can use a tripod to keep the picture steady.  I think good lighting is important, a dark video is hard to watch.

I've always liked the song "Too Ugly For MTV" . There's a line in the song "It's curtains for me and my band, the plastic surgeon wants seven grand".  This isn't going to be the case for your band though.  By my observation it does seem that in the current crop of videos , the people don't smile or even look like they are enjoying themselves, This may be a thing that your suppose to do now to look cool. I've never been cool, so I'm not sure.

I'm looking forward to seeing your productions.

Vince

Re: Video and film making
Reply #2 on: January 23, 2019, 23:57:54
Hey @Vince thanks for getting involved in the discussion.  :) I'm just making video for demo purposes now but I may get into real music video at some point.

You know how long it took to get your music recordings sounding the way you want? You know how much we all have to learn..... and keep learning? ... just for audio?!?

Well video is crazy! A whole new language: White Balance, F Stop, Shutter Speed, Arpeture, ISO, Gain, Exposure, Frame Rate, Frame Size, Bit Rate, Color Grading .... on and on  .......  :)       

xx
i need to smuggle these film clips...out

Started by Dutchbeat on The kitchen café

11 Replies
Last post March 30, 2018, 08:49:51
by Goatrelated
xx
Favourite movie/Film

Started by Cool Hand on Challenges

7 Replies
Last post May 23, 2017, 22:32:00
by ajwvdberg
xx
acoustic horror film music

3 Replies
Last post October 12, 2017, 23:02:29
by Bill from November Sound
xx
Congratulations Marti !!!!! (kitchen summit film)

9 Replies
Last post March 26, 2018, 08:34:39
by Goatrelated
xx
Create new music in response to artwork, photography, poetry, film and more

Started by Oliver Squirrell on The kitchen café

1 Replies
Last post June 12, 2015, 23:21:06
by Dutchbeat