• Started by Mo
  • Mo
  • Rotisseur

• November 29, 2020, 23:11:06
  • more
Virtuell open mic via zoom
on: August 13, 2020, 18:20:21

Hi all,
I just wonder about and want do that hypothetically question.
Who would be interested in a monthly recurring virtual open mic via zoom?

Maximum 10 participants per session and If enough interest from this board then under flag of kitchen, of course.
best regards
Mo

• LePlongeur
  • Executive Chef
  • In Tartiflette we trust

• Yesterday at 19:12:27
    • Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Re: Virtuell open mic via zoom
Reply #1 on: August 13, 2020, 22:31:01
What a nice idea, @Mo

I strongly advocate the ‘not for the public alone’ attitude.
But to be honest, it’s rather dull if there is no public.

So I would suggest to split the beautiful question in question:
- who would want to opt for fame and fortune (and actively take part)
- who would make a reservation for a corona free seat/place to dance on (being public)

Of course I would applaud your idea. Having said that I would be honored if you’d have me as your public.

In short: no to me + open mic; yes to count on me to come and enjoy it all.
Wonderful. I am curious already!
Kind regards, Gus

Reply #2 on: August 13, 2020, 22:50:56
I'm in @Mo @LePlongeur  ..... as long as it vibes with my schedule.  :)
Either watch or perform ( when my singer can do it.)

I wonder if @Dutchbeat  or @Jack Elmshouse  would be interested?

:)
Bill
Songwriter, Keyboards, Arranger, Producer & Engineer for November Sound

November Sound is based on the Mother, Father & Son musical trio of Melissa, Bill & Will. I'm the father so anything I post will have my wife singing and/or my son playing percussion.

• Mo
  • Rotisseur

• more
Reply #3 on: August 13, 2020, 22:54:09
« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 23:55:00 by Mo »
@LePlongeur , in my endless naivety i  still have visions and think that fame and fortune are simply illusionary thoughts when it comes to performing music. So  far to one of your questions. Or should we ask @Bill from November Sound how many people have become famous and rich  after attended at his analog open mic events?

O just saw, Bill already answerd mybe he will answer this too? ;D
And of course I would expect that @Dutchbeat  would attend! For sure! We will figure out how this is possible, that the fun with that game ;)
Still just  mentioned that pure hypothetically....

Edit add: I'm not sure what kind of music @Jack Elmshouse  does but if it's  similar pointed to the fact  that  @Dutchbeat rather produces his music more at a comp than on an real instrument... then i have already a rough idea  ( not very professional I admit) for that, myself would have similar issue.... but dispite of that i would be happy just be among the audience too.  But before i would do any effort its to check  out if someone else would like the idea basically too... or if there is no interest commonly.

Reply #4 on: August 14, 2020, 02:15:26
Oh @Mo ..... all who attend the open mics are now bathing in pools of karma coins!    :shinyteeth:

• LePlongeur
  • Executive Chef

• Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Reply #5 on: August 14, 2020, 11:04:59
Oh @Mo ..... all who attend the open mics are now bathing in pools of karma coins!    :shinyteeth:

What’s gebeurd???
Odd amount of karma points?
I’ll remedy that in a second.
So here is my plea: do you want to give @Bill from November Sound a karma point (like in: what’s the point) give him two.

Right?
Everybody happy. Bill is not odd.
It’s just an opinion, but it’s my opinion.
Kind regards, Gus

• Dutchbeat
  • Administrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • If you can stand the Beat, get into the Kitchen!

• Yesterday at 22:43:33
  • more
Reply #6 on: August 14, 2020, 20:34:53
yes, it would be nice to have an open MIC night via Zoom @Mo  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

i would like a (front row?  ;D ;D ;D) seat   :shinyteeth: :shinyteeth: :shinyteeth: in the audience....

me, myself, and Pie

• LePlongeur
  • Executive Chef

• Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Reply #7 on: August 14, 2020, 21:50:36
I am dyscalculie.
So does it amount to
2 people performing
And 2 people clapping
?????

I think it’ll be a success. A winner!!!
Great result so far!
Kind regards, Gus

• Mo
  • Rotisseur

• more
Reply #8 on: August 14, 2020, 22:14:25
I am dyscalculie.
So does it amount to
2 people performing
And 2 people clapping
?????

Its more one performs and three will clapping.
But yes, think I already got an  rough idea about how the interest  will be in a whole ... it just was a try that i won't have missed to do.   :) :ok:

• LePlongeur
  • Executive Chef

• Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Reply #9 on: August 15, 2020, 07:22:43
I am dyscalculie.
So does it amount to
2 people performing
And 2 people clapping
?????

Its more one performs and three will clapping.
But yes, think I already got an  rough idea about how the interest  will be in a whole ... it just was a try that i won't have missed to do.   :) :ok:

In Café De Koe in Amsterdam, in non-corona times, I am a regular. Open mic every tuesday evening.
I used to be there quite often. Not for the Café life but for the open mic.
And you know my way of working.
So there's a reason behind my applauding-only role.

I think your idea deserves some more patience. Because I really love the idea.
I wouldn't pull the plug from the bath too soon.

Have a nice weekend!
Kind regards, Gus

• Mo
  • Rotisseur

• more
Reply #10 on: August 15, 2020, 08:38:50
« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 08:47:54 by Mo »
@LePlongeur ,I appreciate all your comments very much :),  unfortunately I have not yet participated in an open mic  as you did neither as a listener nor as an actor andI don't mean to sound presumptuous or insulted.

But Im experienced enough to recongnize if spirits of people ripe and powerfull enpough to transform an idea into reality. In last couple of years i realized that the events that i love to attend and which went successful for other too for different reasons , preferably  are those that arranged by myself. Digital and analog either, last was a small festival  ( not music related) above two days in Nebraska USA last year.

To wait anybody else would do the work to transform an exciting idea don't work. BUT there is more persons needed than just one. I see, some people in the kitchen  would be able and right und perfect. But if a part of this small group decided to say from the beginning :' No. Iwill only stay  defensiv as fence viewer '' then i'm realistic enough to recognize its meaning for the whole.  :)

But yes, we just let can stand the idea there. iI won't cost nothing to think about a while. ::thumb::

Reply #11 on: August 16, 2020, 15:45:23
@LePlongeur ,I appreciate all your comments very much :),  unfortunately I have not yet participated in an open mic  as you did neither as a listener nor as an actor andI don't mean to sound presumptuous or insulted.

But Im experienced enough to recongnize if spirits of people ripe and powerfull enpough to transform an idea into reality. In last couple of years i realized that the events that i love to attend and which went successful for other too for different reasons , preferably  are those that arranged by myself. Digital and analog either, last was a small festival  ( not music related) above two days in Nebraska USA last year.

To wait anybody else would do the work to transform an exciting idea don't work. BUT there is more persons needed than just one. I see, some people in the kitchen  would be able and right und perfect. But if a part of this small group decided to say from the beginning :' No. Iwill only stay  defensiv as fence viewer '' then i'm realistic enough to recognize its meaning for the whole.  :)

But yes, we just let can stand the idea there. iI won't cost nothing to think about a while. ::thumb::

For something like this @Mo  you might want to tag the people who you think would do it.  :)   Everybody has there own projects and most here are songwriters first .... meaning they tend to work on their own in a solitary, lonely manner.

Melissa and I are performers first ... I think .... we run these events in real life .... even today, literally. I'm packing up the car as we speak.

Why don't we start with those who did the first kitchen open mic?

@oorlab   @Pleudoniem   @Katze Konigsberg    @Layerson   @budhabuilding     and then think of some others that might want to try it  :)   like @DanJames   @Leonard Scaper  @Mar T.     @MrBouzouki      @Mr Sydney     @Vince    @Rachel_D   

See where I'm going with this? We all can tag a few people who we think might want to perform live via zoom.  I'd say anybody who has posted in "live performances" section of the kitchen would be fair to @   don't you think?    :)

Reply #12 on: August 16, 2020, 16:59:14
Nice time was fun. I'll join if you'll have me.

Quite a number of people are still on holiday in Europe, either within or without their own country due to Covid. I think the first meeting would be best somewhere at the start of September when we've all returned. 
Pleudoniem: composer; bass guitarist; guitarist; singer; drummer; tap-guitarist - o, and yes... erm- a bit of keys. Open for collabs.
SoundCloud Page: https://soundcloud.com/pleudoniem

Reply #13 on: August 16, 2020, 17:44:44
I've never used zoom or anything else, but I'll give it a go
Vince

Reply #14 on: August 16, 2020, 20:52:55
Ooh good advice there @Pleudoniem  ... us Americans don't know about holiday ...  ;)   

@Vince   no problem you can do a practice run with me sometime before the open mic.    :thumbsup:    @budhabuilding taught me all kinds of cool stuff ... he's probably too busy now a days, though.

xx
Open Mic Night

Started by Wicked Deeds on The kitchen café

1 Replies
Last post January 31, 2014, 09:21:28
by Binladeda
xx
open mic night vid

Started by tone on Live performances

56 Replies
Last post June 24, 2014, 18:22:40
by tone
xx
habiTat - Open Mic (Kitchen sneaky-peek)

Started by habiTat on Live performances

9 Replies
Last post October 13, 2013, 21:49:05
by fischermans
xx
songwriters in the kitchen open mic night (via skype)

Started by Dutchbeat on The kitchen café

41 Replies
Last post September 27, 2016, 12:06:56
by redmando
xx
One mic, one take

Started by siennalittle on Live performances

2 Replies
Last post November 30, 2014, 14:42:19
by Dutchbeat