• Sous Chef
  • savoir vivre

• Yesterday at 23:32:17
    • netherlands
    • https://twitter.com/oorlab https://soundcloud.com/oorlab
  • more
Re: Virtuell open mic via zoom
Reply #15 on: August 16, 2020, 21:19:11
@Bill from November Sound  - Holiday is work too - that means, you need some time away from work to re-energize for your work. And to consume what others made.
But that is not the subject of this thread - the zoom gathering, has it already passed, or is it still in the making?
new guitar 4-6-2020 https://soundcloud.com/oorlab/12string-demo1 12string Cort.

Reply #16 on: August 16, 2020, 23:41:33
Oh good show @oorlab  !  :) 
No sir. This zoom is yet to happen. @Mo  wants it and we're going to try to get some takers.  :yes:   
We hope you will want to perform?
Bill
Songwriter, Keyboards, Arranger, Producer & Engineer for November Sound

November Sound is based on the Mother, Father & Son musical trio of Melissa, Bill & Will. I'm the father so anything I post will have my wife singing and/or my son playing percussion.

Reply #17 on: August 17, 2020, 02:51:43
@Bill from November Sound Sorry if I may have forgotten you Americans in mentioning the holidays :D It is just that in most of Europe they are all from the beginning of July to the end of August. I don't know if that is the same in all US States. If so, then my comment may be even more relevant.
Pleudoniem: composer; bass guitarist; guitarist; singer; drummer; tap-guitarist - o, and yes... erm- a bit of keys. Open for collabs.
SoundCloud Page: https://soundcloud.com/pleudoniem

• oorlab
  • Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
  • savoir vivre

• Yesterday at 23:32:17
    • netherlands
    • https://twitter.com/oorlab https://soundcloud.com/oorlab
  • more
Reply #18 on: August 17, 2020, 11:24:28
@Bill from November Sound  - sure I like to join in, off course dependant on the date and time. Even to say hello by video, would be cool.

• Mo
  • Rotisseur

• November 29, 2020, 23:11:06
  • more
Reply #19 on: August 18, 2020, 12:04:09
« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 12:31:24 by Mo »
Hi to all! :)

I think now it grows slowley into a number someone could work with!

i also  thought the first Zoom meeting was funny and very nice and it would be pitty if this won't continue even it's turned out the basic thought of @budhabuilding  and @Bill from November Sound to get a jamming together is more difficult.

Well, jamming would be incredible but also it just would be nice to meet from time to time and attendees would have a option to perform soley if they want.
I'm convienced that in a middle run this would be good thing for the kitchen itself and help to grow community in all.
Its not meaned right now to give a full and perfect concept, it think things will just grow into the things they will grow ;)

@Vince me either not far experienced with zoom meetings but i saw thats rather not a big deal to setup something loke that. I did a little research and saw at YT that several different  music related communities started to do similar within Corona times.  Espescially the Ukulele scene seemes to be pioneering with that lol.

Here is an example of how it could look like

If you ask me,  the meeting should start maybe once a month at first to figure the things out more.
Of course it would need 2-3 person who would feel a bit responsible to do the set up and the organisation as 'the head'. But it won't be too hard as the digital devices nowerdays are perfect helpers  and the kitchen here itself is the main thing where everything will come together and give shout outs.

That would be for now, but i can imagine more.... as I think it would be cool in longer run a big advantages if those meetings would be recorded in a whole an maybe presented in public with a kitchen own Youtube channel. Youtube indeeed is a kind of Gate... alot of people  are around Youtube not just songwriters as we are with time a lot of different people could get awareness through this. Not be be meaned to get rich or famous @GUS   :o 8) ::) but there is nothing bad with growing things especially the kitchen 8)

Ok at first i would ask  here if there  someone who like  and  will have fun to organize a bit as well? Not too much time necessary I think but constantly.

The biggest obstacle ( to me), but I'm sure it won't be a really obstacle, is to get someone who will be functionary as the HOST.
In next time I would go to try to figure out what would need for that and a friend of mine will explain me a bit more about.... but maybe among us are  one or two who are  already more into this and this would be familar to them?

No need to hurry with anything,  if the first/ second meeting would be end of September that would be just fine too.

Every thoughts and ideas are highly welcome!! :) :) ::thumb::

• Mo
  • Rotisseur

• more
Reply #20 on: August 18, 2020, 12:16:34
 ;D

• LePlongeur
  • Executive Chef
  • In Tartiflette we trust

• Yesterday at 19:12:27
    • Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Reply #21 on: August 18, 2020, 13:14:06
« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 07:55:37 by LePlongeur »
@Mo

My first contribution was an attempt to keep it light and with a bit of self mocking.
I applauded the idea and the patience to give this playful idea the time to develop.
I still do, although it’s not visible anymore. I hear you @Mo !
Kind regards Gus

• Mo
  • Rotisseur

• more
Reply #22 on: August 18, 2020, 13:22:57
« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 10:17:12 by Mo »
Understand @LePlongeur

:dance:
Let's see  if we can get more opinions!

Reply #23 on: August 18, 2020, 21:47:01
I might even change out of my pajamas for this.
Vince

• Mo
  • Rotisseur

• more
Reply #24 on: August 18, 2020, 22:08:49
I might even change out of my pajamas for this.

Or we all put on our pajamas. If available.

Reply #25 on: August 18, 2020, 23:10:50
Haha @Mo @Vince  .... yes what's fair is fair!  :D

xx
Open Mic Night

Started by Wicked Deeds on The kitchen café

1 Replies
Last post January 31, 2014, 09:21:28
by Binladeda
xx
open mic night vid

Started by tone on Live performances

56 Replies
Last post June 24, 2014, 18:22:40
by tone
xx
habiTat - Open Mic (Kitchen sneaky-peek)

Started by habiTat on Live performances

9 Replies
Last post October 13, 2013, 21:49:05
by fischermans
xx
songwriters in the kitchen open mic night (via skype)

Started by Dutchbeat on The kitchen café

41 Replies
Last post September 27, 2016, 12:06:56
by redmando
xx
One mic, one take

Started by siennalittle on Live performances

2 Replies
Last post November 30, 2014, 14:42:19
by Dutchbeat