• Sous Chef
  • I'm always working on the big picture

• October 29, 2016, 08:52:39
    • Eynatten Belgium
  • more
What is your second hobby
on: November 19, 2013, 07:07:58
Do you have a second hobby?
Mine is carnivorous plants. So be careful dutch what you are doing on Blue eyes in the dark. ;D ;D

Re: What is your second hobby
Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 03:50:45
It's a good question  :)
Personally I rarely have a moment that I feel bored. I love to read, whether that be fiction, fact or biographical. I love to learn so am constantly keeping up
with scientific discoveries, watching documentaries, reading history, religion, politics etc... I am very keen on digging to find out what is behind pretty much everything so that I can see the
world for what it really is and not the picture that is painted for you by government and media.
I like fishing in the summer, playing video games with a few mates on a Tuesday evening, cycling, exploring Britain, football, jigsaw puzzles, drawing...  :D
One of my most favourite things to do aside from music though is writing fiction, although at the moment it is a factual book that I am in the middle of writing.
Funnily enough, one of the things I do the least is listen to music. I almost never choose to do that unless I am busy doing something else and want music on to keep me busy while I am doing
whatever it is I need to do, or while I am driving.

• Kafla
  • Rotisseur

• March 22, 2016, 11:40:00
  • more
Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 19:09:22
I run

Like 10 k twice a week - I sort out so much in my head when I run

But I'm not skinny - not fat either - but not skinny - how does that work ?

Well I eat and drink a lot  ::)

I love cooking and have a nice wine collection

I also coach my sons football team and love it - getting high 5s off all the wee guys  ;D

I go to most Celtic home games

I love films

God I feel like I am on a dating site

GL male , GSOH , WH , seeking 18-19 old female for some fun ❤️

• Dutchbeat
  • MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • If you can stand the Beat, get into the Kitchen!

• Today at 08:48:18
  • more
Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 20:51:47
how, do you gys find time for second hobbies  ??? ??? ???

and especially Kafla, you must be exhausted
already  ;D ;D ;D
me, myself, and Pie

Reply #4 on: November 24, 2013, 21:05:19
I spent years restoring minis (Austin Mini's) and VW camper vans, and doing airbrush art on them (I actually made a Scooby Doo Mystery machine camper once  :D), I occasionally paint murals (bedroom walls etc) and when I get time I like to paint proper paintings, tbh though, with the arrival of my daughter two years ago I only really do music (and the occasional video) now. I just can't seem to escape the need to do something creative, it drives my family nuts at times, especially when I get all obsessive (like with making the Broom-tailed Star video :-\)

• digger72
  • Chef de Partie
  • The Comfortably Strange

• September 20, 2017, 10:11:34
  • more
Reply #5 on: November 24, 2013, 21:09:54
My second hobby is annoying my wife - according to her.
Reading takes up a fair amount of my time - history, fantasy fiction and bios. I love my football, but the knees have packed in (years of trying to bowl fast at cricket).
Just the regular boring manstuff.

• Wicked Deeds

Reply #6 on: November 24, 2013, 21:28:37
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 21:30:16 by Wicked Deeds »
Like Kafla, I'm a regular runner.  Never been overweight, nor am I a lightweight.  Just the right size.  :).

Music was always my first love but that passion was surpassed by my love for my children who are now my main focus. I still devote a tremendous amount of energy and attention to my my two children Thomas and James - can't wait until I'm able to buy a new house to be with the boys again.  In the meantime, I read most nights, try to keep fit and of course, I write.  I sometimes think I'll stop this writing business and I do so for a while but inevitably I return to writing like it's an old friend that I can't leave behind.  I'm tempted to say that my days of seriously trying to write the perfect song are over but perhaps songwriting was and always will be  will be my calling!  :)

John - have you got any photographs of the mystery machine?  ;D

Reply #7 on: November 24, 2013, 23:00:48
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 23:05:38 by habiTat »

John - have you got any photographs of the mystery machine?  ;D

I tried to insert these as pics but they were HUUUGE so I've just done links, there is a pic of the camper (pre airbrush), one of my minis (a picture of a mini, painted ON an mini) and a Taz motorbike I painted for a friend of a friend.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/86336083/campervan1.JPG

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/86336083/mini%20airbrush1.JPG

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/86336083/Taz1.JPG

And if you're not offended by bare boobies, I did this one for a racing car, the sponsor was a car soft tops company, the slogan - "Get your top off at Hoods Galore!" They only just let him race that day haha.. (then he crashed a bit  :D :D :D)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/86336083/boobies.JPG

• Wicked Deeds

Reply #8 on: November 24, 2013, 23:26:57
Cool artwork John!  There's a high level of skill involved too.  I've dabbled with a little artwork and know the satisfaction that it brings but it's still music  that I yearn to create more than anything. I think both discipline's have a similar appeal - creating something from nothing can be so rewarding.

I wonder, where does the urge to be creative come from? It can be a blessing and a curse in my opinion.  I'd love to write full time and wonder if that will ever be possible.  I recently wrote 'life is living, entwined with your dreams' - in other words, live your life as well as you are able, go about your day to day business, but keep one eye on your dreams - neverghive up on trying to achieve your goals (the activities and dreams that you love so much).  :)

Reply #9 on: November 25, 2013, 00:13:33
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 00:16:35 by seriousfun »
I was once fairly obsesive about fly fishing but it only lasted about 20 years the I gave it away.  Astronomy as been a background interest since I was a wee nipper and photography is always there comming and going. But my main second interest is travel.

I have travelled extensively for years but regrettably some health issues have now exluded me from being able to get travel health insurance so I dont leave the pacific now and really only do 1 or 2 trips to Oz each year. But at home he have a bus all decked out as a motorhome and my wife and I spend a few months each year moving around the country in it. I do of course take an acoustic guitar with me and an amp and mic etc... I am never with out music.

Allan.
Part time musician, photographer, astronomer, computer pragramer and husband.

• fischermans
  • Sous Chef

• Eynatten Belgium
  • more
Reply #10 on: November 26, 2013, 13:52:57
Great hobbys but how does you all manage to do all that different things. ??? ???
Is it possible you have more time than I have. ;D

• Dutchbeat
  • MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef

• more
Reply #11 on: November 26, 2013, 20:12:22
well, Fishermans, i only have one hobby, that is making music and noise (in my case more noise than music)

i know that is a bit sad, byt hey...come to think of it...i have a second hobby now  ;D ;D ;D

chitchatting in the kitchen

ok, that makes it even sadder  ;D ;D ;D

:'( :'( :'( :'(
i think some of those karma points could cheer me up  :-*

they taste delicious

• fischermans
  • Sous Chef

• Eynatten Belgium
  • more
Reply #12 on: November 26, 2013, 20:27:19
Ok mate one Karma Point for you.But remember when you reach 50 points you are forbidden to post rubbish for one day. ;D ;D ;D ;D

• Dutchbeat
  • MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef

• more
Reply #13 on: November 26, 2013, 21:48:40
 ;D