• realkevm
  • Rotisseur
  • Karma Hunter

• Yesterday at 10:15:56
    • Hull, UK
  • more
Year In Review Video
on: December 21, 2019, 00:34:06
Hello! I've put up my second annual review of the year video. I look back month by month on what i've achieved this year - I find it encouraging and puts into perspective how i'm doing especially compared to the previous year.
What are your goals for 2020?

Re: Year In Review Video
Reply #1 on: December 22, 2019, 15:22:26
watched it to the end @realkevm     … tough for the American attention span ya know?  ;)
Some cool stuff there. I didn't realize that that was what happened with the London gig. You were to sick to take the rattler eh?

Funny about the wannabes disliking your cover.  ;D  It's always like that! Only ones we get thumbs down on are the covers usually. Every time I put up a cover I'm wringing my hands … oh no here come the thumb downs  ::)

My goal for this year is to add a couple more/new venues. That is a very difficult feat in our neck of the woods. Places only (I mean ONLY) hire the people they already hire. They'll even say that to us. Sorry these are the people we hire …. all booked up for the year. That's that. January is that short little window where we have at least a slim chance ……

I was going to say to tip the camera down more so that your face is more centered in the screen. Then when your little girl was popping her head up into the frame at the end I could see why you had it set where you did.  :)  :ok:

Good show!
-11 ::Note::

Bill
Songwriter, Keyboards, Arranger, Producer & Engineer for November Sound

November Sound is based on the Mother, Father & Son musical trio of Melissa, Bill & Will. I'm the father so anything I post will have my wife singing and/or my son playing percussion.

Reply #2 on: December 23, 2019, 01:18:32
« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 01:20:57 by 1roomstudio »
What a cool Idea @realkevm  and an inspiration as well. Congratulations on developments on all fronts.

My goals for 2020?  Hmmm... I wasn't really thinking that far ahead... so thank you for bringing that to my attention!

I've recently met some of my short term goals...

I have a distributor , RouteNote (Hey! wasn't that you who turned me on to that? God Bless you!!!  :praise:) that has made a huge difference in streaming exposure (especially Pandora!)

I have a website now 1roomstudio.com (check it out!) which means I now have an email address that relates to my music goals

I ordered a new laptop ... should be here by early February.... I've only been threating to do that for two years now!

I wrote a few songs, released a few songs and I have lots of stuff in the pipeline

I have a YouTube channel (and i've posted a couple of videos from that on this forum)

Oh! that's right! I joined Songwriters in the Kitchen! That one move has been largely responsible for making some of the stuff  above happen!

Thank you @everyoneintheKitchen  !

And next year? Welll... more of the same I guess... but you have inspired me to think a bit more carefully about that.

:dance: Onward!  :dance:

• realkevm
  • Rotisseur
  • Karma Hunter

• Yesterday at 10:15:56
    • Hull, UK
  • more
Reply #3 on: January 05, 2020, 18:45:21
Sorry for the belated reply, i've been taking sometime away from music over the Christmas period.

@Bill from November Sound Cheers for watching to the end, very kind of you :) I guess covers are hard in the sense people want to be blown away by them or it to sound dead on like the original? Yours are always very good.  Good luck with finding new venues man that's what i'm looking at too :)

@1roomstudio hey thanks for the nice words. Yeah Routenote is the rel deal isn't it, so easy and amazing. There's a site called Drooble that's pretty great too, it's more like a social media for musicians and a good way to make contacts and get criique/streams. Do you play live at all? Good luck with the Youtube, if you need any help with that a guy called Damian Keyes on there does some helpful videos.

Happy new year!!

Reply #4 on: January 05, 2020, 21:03:49
I know what you mean @realkevm about covers. The audience expectation is a challenging obstacle that you can’t control... your only hope is to overwhelm them with your interpretation... not easy.

Yes I do perform live. (There are a couple of threads in The Kitchen) Much more so in the distant past. I rarely perform live these days and when I do I stay away from covers unless it’s a truly great simple song that has been around a long time and been covered by so many people that it helps break down that audience expectation. Like ... say Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Hank Williams... you get the idea.

Thanks for the tips about Drooble and Mr. Keys... I’ll check into those. After all... you steered me right with RouteNote! Can’t thank you enough for that... Onward! 😎

xx
My Year In Review (video)

Started by realkevm on The kitchen café

0 Replies
Last post December 22, 2018, 01:17:41
by realkevm
xx
Constellations (Another Year) - New Year's Song competition entry

Started by Rabid Parrot on Songs for review

10 Replies
Last post January 09, 2017, 20:54:57
by man of simple pleasures