• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
  • "Let the Creators Create" :-)

• April 09, 2021, 00:19:07
    • Sheffield, UK
  • more
YouTube videos for creators in 2021 ?
on: March 29, 2021, 12:54:40
Two interesting videos discussing how tags are depreciated and other things like the description is more more important.

Understanding this SEO algorithm thing seems the key by the looks of it.

I'm not really a poster on YouTube so I don't know how valid this information is for music videos but it seems current info.

"Love and Life is all about connections"

Re: YouTube videos for creators in 2021 ?
Reply #1 on: March 30, 2021, 03:24:22
These videos are more for creators @MrBouzouki 
Not to say musicians aren't creators but it is different with YouTube content creators.
Uhm ... yeah tags still have a use but for years now YT has said they aren't too important. Some reason these type of youtubers have started all making videos about this. Do you have the saying " monkey see, monkey do" over there?
This is good stuff but fir most here it won't matter too much.
If anyone is interested in something that will, send me a PM.  :)

YT is my main platform I guess .... but I mean for music ... stats are pretty humbling .... even videos with thousands and thousands of views I'm lucky to get 50 seconds of retention.
I mean have you seen how teens listen to music today?

@Knate and @Rewboat have very successful YT channels. They create much more than songs.

@Daud Aur Yahudy has a successful channel that is just music. He doesn't usually reply when I tag him, though.

Re: question of "official audio" next to my tracks. With a distributor ( in my case cd baby) they make art tracks of your songs on a topic channel. Then they hit other videos that use it with content ID claim. These tracks are just album art. I make my own version that I optimize the volume and everything so it sounds better for YouTube and once it picks up in views it becomes the primary video in the November Sound Topic channel .... which isn't our primary channel.
I also make lyric videos which often become primary in the topic.
I want to make actual music videos but that is difficult and requires a lot of resources.

Bill
Songwriter, Keyboards, Arranger, Producer & Engineer for November Sound

Not currently posting music here but we're easy to find if you care to listen. November Sound will happily listen, follow, like, subscribe and repost for people who do the same. We get a lot of spam so let us know you're from the kitchen!

• MrBouzouki
  • Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
  • "Let the Creators Create" :-)

• April 09, 2021, 00:19:07
    • Sheffield, UK
  • more
Re: YouTube videos for creators in 2021 ?
Reply #2 on: March 30, 2021, 13:54:20
Cheers @Bill from November Sound for the feedback. The reason I've been researching all this is because I've just about finished a video to go with my latest Spring orchestral track. Instead of going for the usual photo montage thing I've gone instead for a static picture overlaid with the words that I wrote as part of the process of composition.

After you comment about YouTube being more of a platform to connect with the general public as opposed to the music creators who inhabit SoundCloud, I thought I'd dip my toe in the water again. Not that I'm expecting any interest.

I've used Blender this time to do the video editing, because it's something I'm playing about with at the moment and I want to learn the interface better. I've got an older version of CyberLink but I wanted to try doing things a different way.

xx
YouTube Videos

Started by D Rebal on The kitchen café

2 Replies
Last post June 29, 2016, 19:36:40
by Vince
xx
I'm trying to get better at making videos

Started by Bill from November Sound on Live performances

15 Replies
Last post October 10, 2019, 03:51:22
by Bill from November Sound
xx
Old videos make you wonder...

Started by siennalittle on Live performances

4 Replies
Last post January 11, 2014, 13:36:18
by Dutchbeat
xx
Playing For Change Videos

Started by Vince on The kitchen café

7 Replies
Last post September 21, 2019, 11:00:39
by Leonard Scaper
xx
i know we don't do cat videos......but...

Started by Dutchbeat on The kitchen café

4 Replies
Last post September 28, 2019, 01:22:37
by Mar T.