Reply #15 on: July 10, 2020, 10:50:56
Ok, just send a .aif out, i guess it was still possible with mail

• MrBouzouki
  • Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
  • "Let the Creators Create" :-)

• Today at 08:38:45
    • Sheffield, UK
    • https://www.facebook.com/Mr.Bouzouki.Music/ https://www.youtube.com/user/MisterBouzouki https://soundcloud.com/mrbouzouki
  • more
Re: Brave Heart - Mo mix
Reply #16 on: July 10, 2020, 10:55:44
Hi @Mo , it has a definite vibe that is appealing and works well with the video footage too. I like the choice of sounds in the main.
The only thing that I wonder about is the choice of a traditional snare sound.  I wonder if you had employed a more ethnic sound in place of the snare would have sat better with the track or even going the other way and use electronic drums. I love how you are exploring sounds and ideas like this. 
"Love and Life is all about connections"

Reply #17 on: July 10, 2020, 11:02:46
@Mo I still haven't received anything. Are you sure you used the right address? It's pl***@hotmail.com. You can fill in the stars there.
Pleudoniem: composer; bass guitarist; guitarist; singer; drummer; tap-guitarist - o, and yes... erm- a bit of keys. Open for collabs.
SoundCloud Page: https://soundcloud.com/pleudoniem

• Mo
  • Rotisseur

• November 22, 2020, 17:59:47
  • more
Reply #18 on: July 10, 2020, 11:15:00
@Mo I still haven't received anything. Are you sure you used the right address? It's pl***@hotmail.com. You can fill in the stars there.

Yes, i just double checked. Maybe it can't delivered and it will return to me later. If so I will hit a PM to you to figure out how to set up a webtransfer account,  i don't have yet.

Reply #19 on: July 10, 2020, 11:28:32
@Mo try this, it's a well-proven method: https://wetransfer.com

• Mo
  • Rotisseur

• more
Reply #20 on: July 10, 2020, 11:39:52
@MrBouzouki yes do love it too to explore the sounds!

I absolutley know where you talking about with  the snare drums and indeed I thought a short about to maybe change it but i decided against. I started the track  by just playing around with  this traditional  drum set without having an intention for a certain song  back then.   But its signatures let me develop  up soon a rough idea about.
At the end  I noziced as well that this kind of drums exposes rather strange. But well, be strange in a strange song wasn't enough reason to replace them as they have reason to exist by beeing the initial spark to me :D.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

• Mo
  • Rotisseur

• more
Reply #21 on: July 12, 2020, 16:41:25
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 17:52:50 by Mo »
I always like it a lot if people put their things together and so I'm proud, to show off the work of @Pleudoniem who worked at a bass line for this track. Thank you, that so great and I appreciate it very much! ::thumb::

( Link edited)

To me its very interesting to hear how small changes may changes things in a whole. Especially if some personally always is carried on within a real instrument track. :D :ok:

How you like it?

I'm just a bit sorry as i think the compromised version at SC  ( merging/mixing/rendering)  went wrong a bit so it seemes to me..... next time maybe just the single track of bass to merge in the master would work better, I guess?

Reply #22 on: July 12, 2020, 17:33:28
@Mo I think you need to lower the overall volume a bit, as it leads to slight clipping here and there. I think that will already do the trick. If all that fails, just send me the vocal, and I can do it here.

• Mo
  • Rotisseur

• more
Reply #23 on: July 12, 2020, 17:49:15
Thank you for the hint, I think that solved the problem! :ok: :D

I replaced it  here is the new with lower over all loudness:

https://soundcloud.com/user-65096772/brave-heart-by-mo-added-bass-line-of-pleudoniem

Re: Brave Heart - Mo mix & NEW : Pleudoniem added bass line
Reply #24 on: July 13, 2020, 00:29:31
Wonderfully emotional piece  @Mo the gentle animal spirit in your vocals made me shiver... I do believe your heart ❤️ is responding to that snare. It also provides a firm point of connection to reality for the listener.

I didnít hear the previous version without the bass. Surely the piece stood on its own but  I canít imagine it was better without it. How perceptive... and thoughtful of @Pleudoniem to offer.

More like this please!

• Mo
  • Rotisseur

• more
Reply #25 on: July 13, 2020, 10:00:51
« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 10:03:31 by Mo »
I do believe your heart ❤️ is responding to that snare. It also provides a firm point of connection to reality for the listener.
It was probably exactly like that! :D
Thank you for stopping by and doing a listen ::thumb::

How perceptive... and thoughtful of @Pleudoniem to offer.

More like this please!

I send another track to @Pleudoniem  yesterday, after I finished  a vocal take. It  suffers at the same point. I hope he will  like it and have a good idea for it and put in his interpretation as a line that would help grounding the sound. ;D I could use dead pattern for the bass line but like it more have a organic life-line of that.
Let's see, I'look forward  ;)

• rightly
  • Poissonier
  • And there you have it.

• Today at 11:01:32
    • Berlin
  • more
Reply #26 on: July 13, 2020, 21:52:30
Finally got around to hearing this
Really interesting
not cheesy at all!

• Tolo
  • Poissonier

• November 21, 2020, 11:27:09
    • Johannesburg
  • more
Reply #27 on: July 14, 2020, 10:17:34
I love listening to something that raises my eyebrows and takes me to places that I was not expecting to go - this track does exactly that. Also a unique and haunting vocal style which is refreshing to hear amongst the increasingly banal diva / boy band clan / vocal pyrotechnic scene that currently defines a popular vocalist. From a technical angle the main vocal track though is all over the place from a volume perspective - I realise it is difficult with such extremes of range and from whispers to almost shouts - but this needs looking at. Maybe something on the Compressor? I don't know - but it needs smoothing out.

You are right about a little bit of low end depth too - it would make a lot of difference.

Great to hear someone pushing the boundaries though - the music scene needs it.

Tony
Pro Tools 2020.5
UAD Apollo Twin Duo
Furman AC210E
10.13 High Sierra
SSD Thunderbolt Audio
i9 7900 10 Core
64G Crucial DDR4

www.tonylowther.com

• Mo
  • Rotisseur

• more
Reply #28 on: July 14, 2020, 23:32:33
Thank you for listening @rightly  and @Tolo

Tony, your really brought one Thing up of several more why this is rather weak song. I've been playing around  with EQ and voice mastering without really getting it right. I've honestly been scared to touch the EQ because that's when I really mess things up for myself.
I just  right now found a step by step guide for beginners at YT and i hope I will improve that issue for the next project. Thank you very much make me aware to work more at that important point.

• LePlongeur
  • Executive Chef
  • In Tartiflette we trust

• Today at 08:31:08
    • Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Reply #29 on: July 15, 2020, 07:10:21
I write this, not to contradict @Tolo Ďs views but to augment them.
Your instrument (while singing) is as complex as they come.
Your breath
How you control your breath
Your voice
The chosen microphone
The distance between you and the mic
The room
Etc
Etc
Etc

Each step has a massive influence on the outcome.
So my suggestion would be to start at the beginning. If your singing (in terms of volume) is dynamic, the distance between you and your microphone must be dynamic too. Stevie Winwood does this compensation by turning his head slightly to the left for a loud note.other singers do this by using a hand held mic and adjust manually for changes in volume.

If I play on a guitar with strings that are years and years old and rusty, no eq-ing is ever going to compensate for the rotten state of the strings.

In short: if you think your technically as good as possible recording need polishing? Do it.
But if you would like to make improvements, start at the beginning of the chain. Saves a huge amount of time. Time that can be used for a new song. @Mo

If my long posts are getting boring, please let me know. I donít want to be a bore myself. Smiley!
Kind regards, Gus

xx
Jump Into The Well - by Mo & Pleudoniem playing fretless bass

Started by Mo on Songs for review

9 Replies
Last post August 08, 2020, 20:10:46
by Marcus Nalgaber
xx
How can I use an acoustic guitar to create a bass line?

Started by habiTat on The kitchen cafť

7 Replies
Last post March 09, 2015, 08:10:53
by habiTat
xx
Mo & Pleudoniem - Mini Circus

Started by Mo on Songs for review

14 Replies
Last post August 15, 2020, 14:17:41
by Marcus Nalgaber
xx
collab challenge: Days Go By - SiennaLittle & Pleudoniem