A cloud over
Two stones below
An aircraft passes
People who walk

A cloud over
Two stones below
An aircraft passes
People who walk
I think there is always a thin line between reality and fantasy.
Crossing that line is easy
The difficult thing is to return to reality
And stay sane

HI @Marcus Nalgaber  .. I really like the style of this! It's kind of a jazz, flamenco, reggaeton hybrid. The musical production and accompanying video are stellar.
I really like that "castillos de plata, castillos de oro" part! The lyrical rhythm just hangs heavy and hits the soul.
Good show.
-11 ::Note::
Bill
Songwriter, Keyboards, Arranger, Producer & Engineer for November Sound

November Sound is based on the Mother, Father & Son musical trio of Melissa, Bill & Will. I'm the father so anything I post will have my wife singing and/or my son playing percussion.

HI @Marcus Nalgaber  .. I really like the style of this! It's kind of a jazz, flamenco, reggaeton hybrid. The musical production and accompanying video are stellar.
I really like that "castillos de plata, castillos de oro" part! The lyrical rhythm just hangs heavy and hits the soul.
Good show.
-11 ::Note::

@Bill from November Sound Many thanks for your comments  ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb::

• oorlab
  • Chef de Partie
  • savoir vivre

• Yesterday at 23:58:25
    • netherlands
    • https://twitter.com/oorlab https://soundcloud.com/oorlab
  • more
Re: A cloud above and two stones below
Reply #3 on: April 22, 2019, 10:37:00
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 17:33:43 by oorlab »
@Marcus Nalgaber  - wonderful! Loving the Latin vibe. Nice jazz chords, and the solo guitar is very laidback and human. If you'd have a chance to record this track with real percussion, that could enheigthen the organic feel.
"tales of Rangon" - very evocative pitoresque lyrics.
recommending https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_Music_Works "How music works", book by David Byrne.

• Leonard Scaper
  • Global Moderator
  • Executive Chef
  • Guest Chef

• Yesterday at 21:41:59
    • Terra Firma
  • more
Reply #4 on: April 22, 2019, 13:58:12
Ahhhh....perfect. My Monday morning office soundtrack.
"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

"In a world of robotic conformity, the only originality left in music is the imperfections" Eric Craptone

"Special thanks to Steve Gleason for making me who I am today." Leonard Scaper

Lenny's Tunes: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=540680

https://soundcloud.com/vincentgleason

Reply #5 on: April 22, 2019, 17:18:35
@Marcus Nalgaber  - wonderful! Loving the Latin vibe. Nice jazz chrods, and the solo guitar is very laidback and human. If you'd have a chance to record this track with real percussion, that could enheigthen the organic feel.
"tales of Rangon" - very evocative pitoresque lyrics.

@oorlab Many thanks for your comments!!  ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb::

Reply #6 on: April 22, 2019, 17:19:24
Ahhhh....perfect. My Monday morning office soundtrack.

@Leonard Scaper Many thanks!!  ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb::

Reply #7 on: April 22, 2019, 17:46:08
@Marcus Nalgaber .. this is lovely.. Your guitar playing is so smooth and natural .. The whole track has a great feel to it - hard not to move when listening :) .. Lovely words.. Did you mean to give them to use in English twice - it would be nice to see the original Spanish too!

K

Reply #8 on: April 23, 2019, 16:45:14
@Marcus Nalgaber .. this is lovely.. Your guitar playing is so smooth and natural .. The whole track has a great feel to it - hard not to move when listening :) .. Lovely words.. Did you mean to give them to use in English twice - it would be nice to see the original Spanish too!

K

@Zedd  Many thanks for your comments  ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb::

Reply #9 on: April 24, 2019, 18:56:14
Hi @Marcus Nalgaber

I have seen myself walking on a beach, my feet very forward, my body very back, like that, almost sitting on the air of your story. A. It's good to listen to your music. :pompom: :loveit: :lol:
I did not know that to live I had to die so many times
My Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAaK7mFK7fUpf1E99I1Qtow
My Vimeo Songs of Thought channel:
https://vimeo.com/channels/moraamarolaloba
My Vimeo Downtempo channel:
https://vimeo.com/channels/moramarolalobadowntempo

Reply #10 on: April 25, 2019, 13:54:15
@Marcus Nalgaber I think most of what I am about to say has been said already. It's a nice and fluent progression of jazzy chords, a pleasant flamanco-based guitar communicating with them, and I also agree with @oorlab that it would be an interesting experiment to have the beats played by a flesh-n-blood drummer to add some human touch to it, although I am not sure if you already did that and possibly quantised them afterwards. I'd go for brushes there. There are people who (also) play the drums in the kitchen, @oorlab is one of them, and so am I, and I am sure there will be more.

The Spanish works wonderfully, best choice you could have made, I think. It's good to have a translation, but I'd be interested to read the Spanish words too. I'd agree with @Zedd there.
Pleudoniem: composer; bass guitarist; guitarist; singer; drummer; tap-guitarist - o, and yes... erm- a bit of keys. Open for collabs.
SoundCloud Page: https://soundcloud.com/pleudoniem

Reply #11 on: April 25, 2019, 14:58:13
Hi @Marcus Nalgaber

I have seen myself walking on a beach, my feet very forward, my body very back, like that, almost sitting on the air of your story. A. It's good to listen to your music. :pompom: :loveit: :lol:

I always love that you can walk imaginatively through my music  :yes:
Your single presence makes me feel like fairies
I love you  :loveit:

Reply #12 on: April 25, 2019, 15:09:37
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 15:11:12 by Marcus Nalgaber »
@Marcus Nalgaber I think most of what I am about to say has been said already. It's a nice and fluent progression of jazzy chords, a pleasant flamanco-based guitar communicating with them, and I also agree with @oorlab that it would be an interesting experiment to have the beats played by a flesh-n-blood drummer to add some human touch to it, although I am not sure if you already did that and possibly quantised them afterwards. I'd go for brushes there. There are people who (also) play the drums in the kitchen, @oorlab is one of them, and so am I, and I am sure there will be more.

The Spanish works wonderfully, best choice you could have made, I think. It's good to have a translation, but I'd be interested to read the Spanish words too. I'd agree with @Zedd there.

@Pleudoniem  I thank you very much for your words  ::thumb::

For me this of making songs singing, it's something almost new and maybe I do not give it the importance it should.

They are songs that are born from a moment and that are also made in a short time.

If he had done these same songs when he was young and compulsively ambitious  :blackgrin:

Surely I would have broken my head thinking about doing something perfect and that you also might like people  ::headphone::

To this day all the music that I invent is like flowers of a day, which I love very much with all its flaws and never think that they are perfect  :bonk:

Reply #13 on: April 25, 2019, 15:30:11
@Marcus Nalgaber Perfection is a form of make-believe. You cannot possibly please everyone, and I think it's foolish to attempt to. I think that is the point you are making there, and we'd 'perfectly' agree. You could try alternatives though, just to see how they work. I am simply curious what your song might sound like if you used brushes instead, because they might just work very well with the jazz and the flamenco. I am not being critical at all, I am just curious, really  ;)

Reply #14 on: April 25, 2019, 15:49:58
« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 15:05:13 by Marcus Nalgaber »
@Marcus Nalgaber Perfection is a form of make-believe. You cannot possibly please everyone, and I think it's foolish to attempt to. I think that is the point you are making there, and we'd 'perfectly' agree. You could try alternatives though, just to see how they work. I am simply curious what your song might sound like if you used brushes instead, because they might just work very well with the jazz and the flamenco. I am not being critical at all, I am just curious, really  ;)

Do not think that I am defending myself from anything  :lol:

I always appreciate very much any idea about my music  ::thumb::

Because I think it's always something constructive  ::thumb::

xx
New Sound Cloud Page

Started by Vince on The kitchen café

5 Replies
Last post August 04, 2017, 03:02:31
by Vince
xx
East West Composer Cloud

Started by Mar T. on The kitchen café