• A flower in the Garbage
  • Started by Marcus Nalgaber
A flower in the Garbage
on: December 23, 2018, 21:46:18
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 01:44:41 by Marcus Nalgaber »
Feeling like a flower in the garbage is something that perhaps all the people that we dedicate as a hobby or professionally to the world of music have ever felt.
In the case of this music to which I wanted to put that name, I think it was because in those moments I felt that way because I had to fight for music all my life to achieve something and in just 10 years the world has changed and music and its workers have gone to a place similar to a car scrapping or worse.
Well stop talking about sad things, I wish you all very happy Christmas.

Happy Holidays  ::Dutch::

https://vimeo.com/291296984

(PS - I use the auto-tune to sing because I am off pitch a little when singing and this device helps me to correct it)
Simplicity is something that is never lost if one is not ashamed of it.

• Leonard Scaper
  • Global Moderator
  • Executive Chef
  • Guest Chef

• Yesterday at 22:34:12
    • Terra Firma
  • more
Re: A flower in the trash
Reply #1 on: December 23, 2018, 22:52:18
This is a wonderful groove...a very cool musical journey. I hope you will consider expanding it....I wanted more.

I must beg to differ about your use of pitch correction, however. I listen to a lot of home grown music and I hear a LOT of folks using pitch correction because they are a bit of in their vocals. Done right....it sounds right. You, my friend, are using it to make your voice into an instrument.

I have heard that done as well....but never like this. I love what you are doing...for whatever reason.  :)
"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

"In a world of robotic conformity, the only originality left in music is the imperfections" Eric Craptone

"Special thanks to Steve Gleason for making me who I am today." Leonard Scaper

Lenny's Tunes: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=540680

https://soundcloud.com/vincentgleason

Reply #2 on: December 24, 2018, 01:36:15
Dang @Marcus Nalgaber  … this is awesome! I love it! It is just excellent. The music, the video, everything.

My only one tiny, tiny, tiny issue is the title. "A Flower in the Grabage" just doesn't flow right. It doesn't make me want to listen. But …… if you titled it "Una flor en la basura"  ….. oh man, I would pay to listen to it!!!!  :D That title just flow off the tongue don't you think?  :)

Seriously, though, really cool! Love the robot vocal melody, love the smooth jam, love the chords, love the mysterious Mora background vocals, love the perfectly minimalist world jazz vibe.

Good Show!

-11 ::Note::
Bill
Songwriter, Keyboards, Arranger, Producer & Engineer for November Sound

November Sound is based on the Mother, Father & Son musical trio of Melissa, Bill & Will. I'm the father so anything I post will have my wife singing and/or my son playing percussion.

Reply #3 on: December 24, 2018, 13:54:05
This is a wonderful groove...a very cool musical journey. I hope you will consider expanding it....I wanted more.

I must beg to differ about your use of pitch correction, however. I listen to a lot of home grown music and I hear a LOT of folks using pitch correction because they are a bit of in their vocals. Done right....it sounds right. You, my friend, are using it to make your voice into an instrument.

I have heard that done as well....but never like this. I love what you are doing...for whatever reason.  :)

Many Thanks!!

Reply #4 on: December 24, 2018, 13:54:31
Dang @Marcus Nalgaber  … this is awesome! I love it! It is just excellent. The music, the video, everything.

My only one tiny, tiny, tiny issue is the title. "A Flower in the Grabage" just doesn't flow right. It doesn't make me want to listen. But …… if you titled it "Una flor en la basura"  ….. oh man, I would pay to listen to it!!!!  :D That title just flow off the tongue don't you think?  :)

Seriously, though, really cool! Love the robot vocal melody, love the smooth jam, love the chords, love the mysterious Mora background vocals, love the perfectly minimalist world jazz vibe.

Good Show!

-11 ::Note::

Many Thanks!!

Re: A flower in the Garbage
Reply #5 on: December 24, 2018, 17:53:58
@Marcus Nalgaber  A mellowand mysterious groove.  However you are processing your voice (the human side of vocaloid) is creative and hypnotic.
I enjoy your unique style!

Robert

• LePlongeur
  • Chef de Partie
  • In Tartiflette we trust

• Today at 08:08:58
    • Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Reply #6 on: December 25, 2018, 08:43:09
I am a huge a fan of @Mora Amaro La Loba’s, @Marcus Nalgaber . But that’s just between you and me.
Whether it’s her influence on you, or the other way around, I am very glad you joined and posted this one.
Already i’m on the look out for your next one.
Very very nice!
Kind regards, Gus

Reply #7 on: December 25, 2018, 11:48:04

(PS - I use the auto-tune to sing because I am off pitch a little when singing and this device helps me to correct it)

You say you are off-pitch "a little," but you use a LOT of auto-tune. You are not using it to "fix" things; you are using it as an effect, which some people like and that's OK, but it's not for me - because I want to hear your real voice.  If you are in fact off-pitch 'just a little,' then consider using 'just a little' pitch correction.  No one sings perfectly in tune.  That's part of the the beauty of the voice.

The changes, melody, and production are all fine, but the music is repetitive, making it more of ambiance music than a song per se, and especially because of the use of auto-tune.  It sounds like there are words, but I'm not sure.  I like the title. If there are words, what are they? Could you post them?

Reply #8 on: December 25, 2018, 14:33:43
@Marcus Nalgaber  A mellowand mysterious groove.  However you are processing your voice (the human side of vocaloid) is creative and hypnotic.
I enjoy your unique style!

Robert

Many Thanks!!

Reply #9 on: December 25, 2018, 14:35:15
I am a huge a fan of @Mora Amaro La Loba’s, @Marcus Nalgaber . But that’s just between you and me.
Whether it’s her influence on you, or the other way around, I am very glad you joined and posted this one.
Already i’m on the look out for your next one.
Very very nice!
Kind regards, Gus

Many Thanks

Reply #10 on: December 25, 2018, 14:36:55
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 14:41:29 by Marcus Nalgaber »

You say you are off-pitch "a little," but you use a LOT of auto-tune. You are not using it to "fix" things; you are using it as an effect, which some people like and that's OK, but it's not for me - because I want to hear your real voice.  If you are in fact off-pitch 'just a little,' then consider using 'just a little' pitch correction.  No one sings perfectly in tune.  That's part of the the beauty of the voice.

The changes, melody, and production are all fine, but the music is repetitive, making it more of ambiance music than a song per se, and especially because of the use of auto-tune.  It sounds like there are words, but I'm not sure.  I like the title. If there are words, what are they? Could you post them?

Many Thanks

xx
Flower of what has no use

Started by Mora Amaro La Loba on Songs for review

9 Replies
Last post December 08, 2018, 16:26:44
by Goatrelated
xx
A Flower Called Förgätmigej

Started by tuff bransch on Lyrics

13 Replies
Last post September 17, 2017, 22:38:41