• idledays
  • Porter
  • Karma Hunter

• November 22, 2018, 01:10:07
  • more
A song I wrote called "Radio"
on: November 22, 2018, 00:08:54
https://soundcloud.com/idledays/radio

Would like feedback on this. Im really trying to find my style and I feel all over the place trying to find my voice. (as you can tell by my soundcloud, I even tried a rap song most recently).

Please let me know your honest opinions!

Re: A song I wrote called "Radio"
Reply #1 on: November 22, 2018, 01:32:26
I`m not familiar with your music @idledays  so please take this fwiw:
The verses sound catchy  .Until you dropped your vocals down around the 2.00 mark I couldn`t get enough of the lyrics to have a sense of what the song`s about. Folks here take notice of lyrics, so its a good idea to include them in your post.
Your rhythm guitar track ( which has a nice funky pop energy) is mixed above the vocals . No reason to hide your voice it sounds good!
I`m cut from the same  mix and match of styles and tried a song with a rap section too... keep `em coming until something sticks :)

Robert

• LePlongeur
  • Chef de Partie
  • In Tartiflette we trust

• Today at 11:46:58
    • Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Reply #2 on: November 22, 2018, 09:13:24
Hello and welcome @idledays
Please be aware that there are people from all over the world watching and listening.
So posting your lyrics are a great help.

You'll get the same comments as I. The words are hard to follow.

And I would add some percussion. That'll be a help for you too, if you'd use it as click or pilot.

Sounds really friendly. Radio friendly even.
Keep them coming!
Kind regards, Gus

• Leonard Scaper
  • Global Moderator
  • Executive Chef
  • Guest Chef

• Today at 15:43:36
    • Terra Firma
  • more
Reply #3 on: November 23, 2018, 01:59:38
Hey @idledays ...Welcome to The Kitchen. This is a great place to hang out and share music in a family atmosphere....we're all here to get better.

Your tune moves nicely...it's got an infectious kind of rhythm going on. Don't worry too much about the mix....unless, of course, you are looking for some ideas as to how to make it better. Let us know.....some of us really like to help with things like that.

For now though, take a look around at some of the other threads and see what strikes your fancy. Let folks know you stopped by and they will return the favor.

Also....feel free to start a thread in the "Me" section to tell us more about yourself.

:) :) :)

"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

"In a world of robotic conformity, the only originality left in music is the imperfections" Eric Craptone

"Special thanks to Steve Gleason for making me who I am today." Leonard Scaper

Lenny's Tunes: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=540680

https://soundcloud.com/vincentgleason

• Lane
  • Poissonier
  • Karma Hunter

• December 16, 2018, 21:10:28
  • more
Reply #4 on: November 23, 2018, 05:46:03
I`m agreeing with Robert and Leonard on this song, I really think it has a solid base,  would like to see the lyric and maybe do more here. nice voice I thought too, a little hard to hear. keep at it.  great start I thought.

Reply #5 on: November 23, 2018, 16:46:14
Catchy tune but in my heads it's brutally muffled and the bass is overbearing to the point of distortion...maybe it's just my setup today (it's been glitchy) as nobody else seems to have mentioned it.

Reply #6 on: November 23, 2018, 22:54:17
The making of a really good song, the guitar  riff is catchy and pretty great. The levels seem to be all over though so it all sounds a bit fuzzy. You've got a decent tone to your voice. Good work :)

Reply #7 on: November 24, 2018, 03:19:56
Hey @idledays welcome to the kitchen! Looks like your new around here... please do post in the "me" section!

I like the alternative pop/ rock sound and the percussive guitar work very much.
People around here could certainly offer you help in the mixing if you want. As far as style goes I think you are on the right track. You'll find your way so keep finishing songs.

Listening to other  people's music here and on SoundCloud is a great way to meet people, get advice and share your music.
Bill
Songwriter, Keyboards, Arranger, Producer & Engineer for November Sound

November Sound is based on the Mother, Father & Son musical trio of Melissa, Bill & Will. I'm the father so anything I post will have my wife singing and/or my son playing percussion.