• a song that needs lyrics.... help?
  • Started by lu77
Re: a song that needs lyrics.... help?
Reply #45 on: July 08, 2019, 15:54:27
I am posting it here as I am not entering the contest.  I am no longer a regular poster and didn't want to offend any regular contributors.  I haven't even written a song since my last contribution over a year ago.  I do however continue to receive the occasional notification in my email inbox and this one was particularly interesting because as a complete non-musician, I don't often feel comfortable chiming in on anything as I really have no musical background leg to stand on other than what I think just sounds good to me, and even then I can rarely articulate what it is I think.

Hi @Rabid Parrot  ..... The kitchen has changed a lot over the years IMO .... and I can't imagine any regular poster being offended by what you have to offer. Whether you believe you're a musician or not - we love having you here!  :yes:
I miss what you add to the discussions and I hope that you'll feel free to join in whenever.  :thumbsup:
Bill
Songwriter, Keyboards, Arranger, Producer & Engineer for November Sound

November Sound is based on the Mother, Father & Son musical trio of Melissa, Bill & Will. I'm the father so anything I post will have my wife singing and/or my son playing percussion.

Reply #46 on: July 08, 2019, 16:06:37
you've got excellent singing chops @Rabid Parrot   - most of the posts are song reviews  and I don't review songs , I don't speak good English to contribute to English as a 2nd language / lyric questions ....but every once in a while I find something to contribute to.

V

• Dutchbeat
  • MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • If you can stand the Beat, get into the Kitchen!

• Today at 20:59:36
  • more
Reply #47 on: July 08, 2019, 19:09:22
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 22:09:56 by Dutchbeat »
hi Vince @Rabid Parrot  ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb::

@Vince i thought you we from America...anyway your English , your singing and lyrics always sound perfect to me  ::thumb:: ::thumb::

and @Rabid Parrot ...you so...ARE a musician and a songwriter, simply because you make music  ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb:: and you are GOOD at it!

great lyrics and vocal delivery @Rabid Parrot on this track from @lu77  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
super! mixingwise your voice and the music track could be mixed more 'together', but you only spent a few hours on making and recording this

sounds great...

can i try to convince you and @Vince  :loveit: :loveit: :loveit: ...to join this challenge anwyay? We...and especially @Bill from November Sound   ;D ;D ;D :yes: :yes: :yes: can use some fierce competition  ;D ;D :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

and....@others....the dedicated thread about this challenge is now here, feel free to join....deadline is august 1st....so PLENTY of time still to give it a try!

https://www.songwriter-forum-kitchen.com/forum/challenges/18/the-new-songwriting-challenge-isss-official-thread/5534/msg59366;topicseen#msg59366

me, myself, and Pie

Reply #48 on: July 08, 2019, 21:20:31
I'm American right down  to my birthday suite @Dutchbeat   it's just I wouldn't know an noun from a verb even if it bit me on my .... nose  :blackgrin:

I was just commenting that even if someone is not writing at the moment or chooses not to post what they're working on - it's still nice to hear from them from time to time. In my short time here I've seen them come and go and it's too bad because they seemed like such nice people.

This contest isn't for me DB, but thanks. Also I thought it was a good soccer game and you can take heart in the fact that no one watches women's football  ;D

• Dutchbeat
  • MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • If you can stand the Beat, get into the Kitchen!

• Today at 20:59:36
  • more
Reply #49 on: July 08, 2019, 21:26:01
@Vince nice to bring up THE GAME, the world championship soccer FINAL

5 million people watched it in the Netherlands, and yes, i was one of them  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

congratulations to team USA with the fourth title,
of which the last three were consecutive  :o :o :o :o :o :o

• lu77
  • Vegetable Chef
  • synths and guitars

• July 13, 2019, 11:02:19
    • melbourne, australia
  • more
Reply #50 on: July 08, 2019, 21:49:47
darn, me and my colleagues in australia were really hoping Netherlands would break the USA stronghold!

sorry for being off topic. and i concur @Rabid Parrot  you can sing, you can arrange, you can write. that makes you a song writer my friend!
“everything is simple, nothing is as straightforward as it seems”.— Me

• Leonard Scaper
  • Global Moderator
  • Executive Chef
  • Guest Chef

• Today at 20:28:28
    • Terra Firma
  • more
Reply #51 on: July 09, 2019, 13:52:40
https://soundcloud.com/rabid-parrot/the-great-balloon-songThe Great Balloon Song

And so it begins
And so we begin
Where are you now that you’re gone?
where are you now?

You shone like the sea – you washed over me
These words in my head, so precious, you said:
"When I am gone, I won’t be gone" (gone gone gone)
I try to feel but nothing feels real

My eyes are dry
My tears won't fall
I know you are here but why can't I feel nothing at all?
When all that we were is replaced with a scar

Emptiness can’t be filled
We aren't meant to rebuild
The only step is beyond - into the unknown, out of the fog
And here I find - I see you now
At the clearing of the sky - I feel you now

This is really good @Rabid Parrot ........seriously!
"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

"In a world of robotic conformity, the only originality left in music is the imperfections" Eric Craptone

"Special thanks to Steve Gleason for making me who I am today." Leonard Scaper

Lenny's Tunes: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=540680

https://soundcloud.com/vincentgleason

xx
Hello Song Writers I need your support and feedback on lyrics and song.

Started by Krysoe on Lyrics

5 Replies
Last post March 02, 2019, 15:00:31
by MrBouzouki
xx
I need your help for my new song lyrics

Started by Mora Amaro La Loba on Lyrics

4 Replies
Last post September 27, 2018, 23:18:36
by Mora Amaro La Loba
xx
Lyrics for a song