• Addociu - Synths feat. Guitars (Instrumental)
  • Started by Charlys-Music
« Last Edit: May 22, 2022, 14:02:00 by Charlys-Music »
Hello,

I would like to present you today my new track Addociu, on which I have now worked for a very long time.

For me it was an exciting and new experiment to bring synthesizers and guitars in harmony.

Before I now move on to mixing and mastering, I would of course be very happy to get some feedback, and on what I will then depend if I should continue working on it at all.

Instruments:
varius synths (eight), various acoustic guitars (5), varius electric guitars (2), mallets, percussion, drums, bass - nothing more

Tempo: 64 & 110 BPM

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

https://soundcloud.com/charlys_music/addociu/s-FLjZhEmUwma?utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing

• Mo
  • Chef de Partie

• Today at 15:27:36
  • more
Re: Addociu - Synths feat. Guitars (Instrumental)
Reply #1 on: May 23, 2022, 23:13:56
Hi @Charlys-Music !
That sounds in any case already quite interesting and the idea to use guitar and synth I always find quite exciting.
 I don't know now what Addociu means in general or for you or where you actually wanted to go with this track exactly?
For my taste, the guitar could definitely get much more presence especially in the second half. The first half surprises with some unexpected twists and turns of style, very Charly-like!  ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb::
Production-wise it's certainly on top again, I bet! Tomorrow I get my new studio headphones, there I'm curious whether I'm finally also in the position to hear these 'fine' differences out ;)
I am curious how you will further develop this sound.  :)

• popitup
  • Patissier
  • Songs in the Key of Life

• Today at 20:47:32
  • more
Reply #2 on: May 24, 2022, 05:43:16
@Charlys-Music  . . . this just sounds great !  . . . huge sound with lots going on, very clear mix and super rhythm elements . . . love how you started acoustic, and went edgy, nice transition there. Yes, I can hear o lot of work went into this . . . resulting in a sensational listen.

Reply #3 on: May 24, 2022, 12:46:06
Hola @Charlys-Music

It has been a very pleasant listening, I think the mix works well like this, although perhaps the change at 1'00 approx. bumps a little in the ear... Maybe a bridge could do with it here? But you know, we can all suggest things according to our tastes... It's the only thing I would correct here.

See you!

Mora
I did not know that to live I had to die so many times
https://vimeo.com/onacarom

Reply #4 on: May 24, 2022, 17:24:43
Hi @Charlys-Music !
That sounds in any case already quite interesting and the idea to use guitar and synth I always find quite exciting.
 I don't know now what Addociu means in general or for you or where you actually wanted to go with this track exactly?

Hello Mo,

thank you for your feedback.
Addociu is a pure fantasy name that has no meaning.
So is the track. An experiment that I have entered into with myself. What I wanted with the track, is in our last mails we have written. This is what came out, but failed as always. I'm just not the type for special sounds and compositions. But it was worth a try. I like the track though, and I think it has something special with the synths and especially the Spanish guitars.
To the sound itself. It doesn't sound really good, because the complete mixing is still missing. The frequencies are not right, the panning is also bad, and therefore the electric guitars do not really come into their own. All the midi tracks are without effects (reverb and delay and other things). I also had more electric guitars in there for a while, but then it didn't really fit, because my focus was more on acoustic guitars, and it sounded somehow exaggerated.
When I'm done with the mixing, I'll present it again. Then, in any case, the electric guitars come more to the fore.

Charly

Reply #5 on: May 24, 2022, 17:30:56
@Charlys-Music  . . . this just sounds great !  . . . huge sound with lots going on, very clear mix and super rhythm elements . . . love how you started acoustic, and went edgy, nice transition there. Yes, I can hear o lot of work went into this . . . resulting in a sensational listen.

Hallo,

thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately, even as the producer of this track, I can't tell you that the mix is great. Why? This you can read in the answer at Mo.
But I am still very happy that you like my track. Thank you very much for that.

Charly

Reply #6 on: May 24, 2022, 17:42:46
Hola @Charlys-Music

It has been a very pleasant listening, I think the mix works well like this, although perhaps the change at 1'00 approx. bumps a little in the ear... Maybe a bridge could do with it here?

Hello Mora,

The transition you mean is the transition from 64 BPM to 110 BPM. Believe me, I tried it with a bridge. I was able to do it smoothly, i.e. slowly increasing from 64 BPM to 110 BPM, but it didn't sound really good and skillful. The bridge was of no use to me.
I was left with the hard break. Maybe I should try to make the transition a little softer with an FX. A riser or a swosh or whatever. a try would be worth it once.

Charly

Reply #7 on: May 24, 2022, 19:04:30
Hola @Charlys-Music

It has been a very pleasant listening, I think the mix works well like this, although perhaps the change at 1'00 approx. bumps a little in the ear... Maybe a bridge could do with it here?

Hello Mora,

The transition you mean is the transition from 64 BPM to 110 BPM. Believe me, I tried it with a bridge. I was able to do it smoothly, i.e. slowly increasing from 64 BPM to 110 BPM, but it didn't sound really good and skillful. The bridge was of no use to me.
I was left with the hard break. Maybe I should try to make the transition a little softer with an FX. A riser or a swosh or whatever. a try would be worth it once.

Charly

Hola @Charlys-Music
I have a trick when I have that problem, I play with the delay, I cut the last beat, for example of the snare, and I let it repeat what I want, until it gets lost, riding on the ambium, that's how I fit it.

Mora

• oorlab
  • Global Moderator
  • Executive Chef
  • Making music

• June 20, 2022, 22:02:54
    • netherlands
    • https://twitter.com/oorlab https://soundcloud.com/oorlab
  • more
Reply #8 on: May 25, 2022, 18:43:55
@Charlys-Music  - impressive diversity in this track - cool to use 5 acoustic guitars. The passage at 1.00 could be fixed quite easily, with the suggestion of @Mora Amaro La Loba  or just creating a bit more space. Mixwise the whole sounds good to my ears.
New album  https://oorlab.bandcamp.com/album/future-journeys (autumn 2021) Future journeys

• Mo
  • Chef de Partie

• Today at 15:27:36
  • more
Reply #9 on: May 25, 2022, 23:14:01
If you want to revise the track again, and then be done with it, you may send it to me if you like. :)
I would like to try something.

Reply #10 on: May 26, 2022, 09:53:02
[quote
I have a trick when I have that problem, I play with the delay, I cut the last beat, for example of the snare, and I let it repeat what I want, until it gets lost, riding on the ambium, that's how I fit it.
Mora
[/quote]

Hello Mora

thank you for the tip. Will test it once.  :thumbsup:

Charly

Reply #11 on: May 26, 2022, 09:58:18
@Charlys-Music  - impressive diversity in this track - cool to use 5 acoustic guitars. The passage at 1.00 could be fixed quite easily, with the suggestion of @Mora Amaro La Loba  or just creating a bit more space. Mixwise the whole sounds good to my ears.

Hello,

thanks for your feedback and the tip.but I'm surprised that all write here that the sound is good, where I think to myself, there is still missing everything in it to sound properly.
But everyone hears just differently.

Charly

Reply #12 on: May 26, 2022, 10:02:47
If you want to revise the track again, and then be done with it, you may send it to me if you like. :)
I would like to try something.

I didn't really expect that.  ::)
You surprise me again and again.
 ::e-guitar3::

• LePlongeur
  • Executive Chef
  • In Tartiflette we trust

• Today at 07:09:27
    • Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Reply #13 on: May 26, 2022, 16:55:41
Hoi @Charlys-Music
You may be aware that I am travelling and that the connection in nature reserve areas is rotten, more often than not.
What I like a lot is the see through sound quality, the handling of the instruments and the changing tempo. Specially that last one is a kind of quality I’ve never tried. And when I do, you may boast that it is inspired on your music.

The one thing that is missing is non measurable and purely a matter of taste. I love to hear some live/grit in music. A little bit rough around the edges.
The fact that it is spinning for the second time is also telling something.

Für mich ist es ein bisschen zu ordentlich, genau wie Rubys Lied, um ehrlich zu sein.
Kind regards, Gus

Reply #14 on: May 27, 2022, 10:00:09
Hello all,

thanks to all for the constructive and great feedback.
I tried to adjust the post at about 1:00.

Now the track has also been mixed and mastered, so now I can present the result.

https://soundcloud.com/charlys_music/addociu

xx
Silent Suburbia (Instrumental) - Vocals or leave it instrumental?

Started by marcus_jb on Songs for review

9 Replies
Last post October 23, 2016, 23:26:51
by marcus_jb
xx
Any old guitars in here?

Started by siennalittle on The kitchen café

2 Replies
Last post March 06, 2014, 15:23:25
by siennalittle
xx
I love guitars!

Started by Jambrains on Songs for review

3 Replies
Last post June 29, 2015, 00:35:56
by Zedd
xx
Behringer range of tribute synths

Started by MrBouzouki on Instruments and Audio Gear

0 Replies
Last post February 12, 2019, 21:16:26
by MrBouzouki
xx
everybody knows that guitars sound the best in real kitchens.

Started by tuff bransch on The kitchen café

3 Replies
Last post February 06, 2018, 23:59:35
by tuff bransch