Again
and again
and again
and again
Let man's petty nations tear themselves apart
My land's only borders lie around my heart

Re: Again & Again
Reply #1 on: December 04, 2018, 01:04:13
I'm really diggin this one.  The groove is cool.  The  piano sounds GREAT.  I almost wish you had it more prominently in the mix when you rock it up.  What are you using for drums?? They also sound real good. There are a lot of very effective grooves and fills going on that feel quite organic.

The one thing that came to mind that I think would make the chorus pop even more would be to have the melody go up to a high G.  Now I'm pretty sure you can't do that. Neither can I without going into falsetto - but there it is.  Even if you do it with the background vocals, I think it would help.

Congrats on a real solid song.

Reply #2 on: December 04, 2018, 02:19:19
@Jambrains Yup, loud works on this :pompom: :pompom:.Its very well produced but that wouldn`t do it unless you had a good song here... which you do ::thumb:: ::thumb::
I liked the lyrics - getting edgier as the song goes.

Robert

• Leonard Scaper
  • Global Moderator
  • Executive Chef
  • Guest Chef

• Today at 15:43:36
    • Terra Firma
  • more
Reply #3 on: December 04, 2018, 13:10:25
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 13:25:03 by Leonard Scaper »
Yup, loud works on this :pompom: :pompom:

Definitely...listening in my office on cranked headphones. I love the way it starts with that kick and crash. Drums sound fantastic. You set the song up perfectly with that driving beat at the start.

Seriously strong chorus both lyrically and musically. Nice little performance touch at 2:22 bringing it down with those emotive vocals like that and then slamming us with that electric guitar.

This is a great mix to my ears....full, dynamic and wonderfully balanced. I liked that fade out ending but I was waiting for you to take me out with more of that really good lead guitar work......a nice, long guitar fade.......  8)

EDIT:

I forgot to mention that I picked up on the subtle but meaningful difference in that first lyric. You wrote about crossing a line that kept you apart and then sang that it set you apart. I like the use of set there, fwiw, as it implies a more active use of that line. You, of course, go on right away to underline the fact that you set that line when you drew it. Lyrics are important....these really work throughout.
"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

"In a world of robotic conformity, the only originality left in music is the imperfections" Eric Craptone

"Special thanks to Steve Gleason for making me who I am today." Leonard Scaper

Lenny's Tunes: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=540680

https://soundcloud.com/vincentgleason

• Jambrains
  • Chef de Partie
  • You ain't seen nothing yet..

• Yesterday at 22:20:52
  • more
Reply #4 on: December 04, 2018, 22:34:55
I'm really diggin this one.  The groove is cool.  The  piano sounds GREAT.  I almost wish you had it more prominently in the mix when you rock it up.  What are you using for drums?? They also sound real good. There are a lot of very effective grooves and fills going on that feel quite organic.

The one thing that came to mind that I think would make the chorus pop even more would be to have the melody go up to a high G.  Now I'm pretty sure you can't do that. Neither can I without going into falsetto - but there it is.  Even if you do it with the background vocals, I think it would help.

Congrats on a real solid song.
Thanks! I see what you mean re the piano, the whole song started with the piano actually.
Drums are EZDrummer 2 with some tweaks both patterns and sound.
And no, I'm not doing the high G  ;D ;D ;D

@Jambrains Yup, loud works on this :pompom: :pompom:.Its very well produced but that wouldn`t do it unless you had a good song here... which you do ::thumb:: ::thumb::
I liked the lyrics - getting edgier as the song goes.

Robert

Thanks for the kind words Robert!  :)

Yup, loud works on this :pompom: :pompom:

Definitely...listening in my office on cranked headphones. I love the way it starts with that kick and crash. Drums sound fantastic. You set the song up perfectly with that driving beat at the start.

Seriously strong chorus both lyrically and musically. Nice little performance touch at 2:22 bringing it down with those emotive vocals like that and then slamming us with that electric guitar.

This is a great mix to my ears....full, dynamic and wonderfully balanced. I liked that fade out ending but I was waiting for you to take me out with more of that really good lead guitar work......a nice, long guitar fade.......  8)

EDIT:

I forgot to mention that I picked up on the subtle but meaningful difference in that first lyric. You wrote about crossing a line that kept you apart and then sang that it set you apart. I like the use of set there, fwiw, as it implies a more active use of that line. You, of course, go on right away to underline the fact that you set that line when you drew it. Lyrics are important....these really work throughout.

Thanks a mill! Good catch re set/kept, seems I just happened to sing set instead of kept as intended without even noticing :-)  The problem with singing in a foreign langage I guess

• MrBouzouki
  • Chef de Partie
  • "Let the Creators Create" :-)

• Yesterday at 20:27:57
    • Sheffield, UK
    • https://www.facebook.com/Mr.Bouzouki.Music/ https://www.youtube.com/user/MisterBouzouki https://soundcloud.com/mrbouzouki
  • more
Reply #5 on: December 04, 2018, 23:08:31
Great track @Jambrains and it seems like it suits your voice to be almost conversational ( no Shane in evidence  ;-)  )

A nice controlled solo guitar entry  and it moves along nicely. I like the start but would have liked a few seconds silence at the beginning as it seems a bit abrupt to my ears.

You're good at this 'songwriting lark' aren't you

::OSMAN:: ::OSMAN:: ::OSMAN::
"Love and Life is all about connections"

Reply #6 on: Today at 15:58:10
I think it's very good production in general

Congratulations

xx
New Song By @Vince_Stewart & @BayBlues & Guilherme Schuck

Started by BayBlues on Songs for review

11 Replies
Last post March 02, 2017, 16:14:54