• Started by 1roomstudio
  • 1roomstudio
  • Poissonier
  • Hearing is Believing 😎

• Yesterday at 20:26:11
  • more
[Alternative Rock/Blues] The Moon Comes Up
on: Yesterday at 05:21:57
This piece has been stewing for a while. I have lyrics for it but I’m not sure I want a vocal. I wont share them yet because I would prefer to get some feedback first.

https://soundcloud.com/1roomstudio/the-moon-comes-up-wip-07/s-MN6gba3pKcr

The mix is not quite done... but the composition is locked in as I’m working on a video for it as well.

Re: [Alternative Rock/Blues] The Moon Comes Up
Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 12:35:09
@1roomstudio  ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb::

Abstract and creative at the same time  ::Suzy::

Congratulations  ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb::
When your improvable flaws start to really hit you, it's just time to get an oil portrait and then hang it over your fireplace or 8K television.

Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 13:31:24
This is my first listen in the studio today.....and what a great way to get the day started. As @Marcus Nalgaber said, this is so creative and abstract but the combination of the spacey guitar and the crisp drums is absolutely riveting. Then when that bass comes in the piece really comes alive.

As I listen I am thinking that it's almost as if the drums, particularly that crisp snare, are the vocal......

REALLY cool piece of music here @1roomstudio !
"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

"In a world of robotic conformity, the only originality left in music is the imperfections" Eric Craptone

"Special thanks to Steve Gleason for making me who I am today." Leonard Scaper

Lenny's Tunes: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=540680

https://soundcloud.com/vincentgleason

• Mo
  • Poissonier

• Yesterday at 22:06:09
  • more
Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 15:37:12
Yes! Cool! ::thumb::
I could imagin erestrained vocals here and there but certainly this soundscape is already an experience in itself! :) :)

• 1roomstudio
  • Poissonier
  • Hearing is Believing 😎

• more
Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 19:30:47
Abstract and creative at the same time  ::Suzy::

Thank you @Marcus Nalgaber  humbling ....  coming from such an accomplished guitarist. 😎

Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 19:34:33
Hola @1roomstudio

Nice to see you again. I think you had a good time playing this song so free and relaxed that when it starts in its strong part it warns that the moon is rising
I did not know that to live I had to die so many times
https://vimeo.com/onacarom

• 1roomstudio
  • Poissonier
  • Hearing is Believing 😎

• more
Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 20:03:24
As I listen I am thinking that it's almost as if the drums, particularly that crisp snare, are the vocal......

Interesting   Observation 🤔 @Leonard Scaper ... there is definitely a call and response narrative going on... and this is why I hesitate to add a vocal... even though I have lyrics that are begging me to let them in... careful now ... don’t “Gild the Lily” as they say.

@Mo ’s observation “restrained vocal” is right on... and exactly what I have in mind... in two ways... first: it would be predominantly spoken word with just a hint of refrain that echoes a bit of the guitar... second: it would be mostly in the quieter spaces where the snare drops out and the high hat takes over.

I’ve posted a snippet of this on Instagram with a draft of the video... I’ve asked the same question “does it need a vocal?”  Including the comments here it’s about 3 to 1 “no vocal” .... but then... it will be interesting to see if that changes when I share the lyrics. (Soon!)

The one person I did share the lyrics with, in responding to the snippet with video, suggested adding the lyrics as text only .... during the quieter parts.... that very idea occurred to me an hour or two before I read it... synchronicity? A sign? Dunno 🤷‍♂️  I now have a foot on two different fences ....  I may have to consult the I-Ching...

Thank you everyone, for your encouragement 🙏

• 1roomstudio
  • Poissonier
  • Hearing is Believing 😎

• more
Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 20:16:06
Hola @1roomstudio

Nice to see you again. I think you had a good time playing this song so free and relaxed that when it starts in its strong part it warns that the moon is rising

Yes @Mora Amaro La Loba it was a free jam with the primary goal of catching the sound of “the room” in my Studio.

My Studio has a good bit of natural reverb (opposite of what the Pros recommend) and I am determined to make that reverb an asset instead of a liability.

That eight minute jam of free experimentation was forgotten about for a year or so.... I stumbled across it recently  and especially liked the bit you hear in the intro. The whole piece is derived from that bit....

It has indeed been great fun! 😎

xx
Fly Me to the Moon (Alternative Rock/Indie Cover)

Started by elitelecaster on Songs for review

9 Replies
Last post August 28, 2016, 14:57:12
by Sakshin Mohan
grin
Another Alternative song you might like.

Started by Knockoff on Songs for review

12 Replies
Last post November 06, 2015, 23:45:48
by Knockoff
xx
What Is Ours (alternative indie-folk)

Started by aivanb on Songs for review

14 Replies
Last post February 03, 2018, 01:40:25
by Mark Luto
xx
Fanburst alternative to Soundcloud?