• And Now For Something A Little Different
  • Started by Timothy Smith
And Now For Something A Little Different
on: December 26, 2020, 02:09:41

I decided to use a few of my orchestra libraries to make this. I have been studying the real ancient titans ( giants) so I decided to relate a cinematic track to their fall  and eventual end.
I call it, Fall Of The Titans

https://soundcloud.com/starise/fall-of-the-titans

Re: And Now For Something A Little Different
Reply #1 on: December 28, 2020, 12:11:53
@Timothy Smith  ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb::

Una música inquietante y sugestiva!!

Felicidades  :thumbsup:

• Tolo
  • Poissonier

• January 09, 2021, 13:54:19
    • Johannesburg
  • more
Reply #2 on: December 30, 2020, 19:45:44
Hey @Timothy Smith  - for me it is a little disjointed. There are several timing schisms with the percussion and the whole thing is a little jarred. I am not sure you need so much going on all the time...Again it is really loud and distorting beyond 0db.

Lots of good ideas in here - but you need to look at how you gain stage and pan. It makes the world of difference to the finished track - especially in this genre.
Pro Tools 2020
UAD Apollo Twin Duo
Furman AC210E
10.13 High Sierra
SSD Thunderbolt Audio
i9 7900 10 Core
64G Crucial DDR4

www.tonylowther.com

Reply #3 on: January 05, 2021, 19:12:47
Hey @Timothy Smith  - for me it is a little disjointed. There are several timing schisms with the percussion and the whole thing is a little jarred. I am not sure you need so much going on all the time...Again it is really loud and distorting beyond 0db.

Lots of good ideas in here - but you need to look at how you gain stage and pan. It makes the world of difference to the finished track - especially in this genre.

I heard some of this as well mainly because I played it in with no sequencing. It's ironic because when I posted the song on another forum I was told  the sounds were to lined up and I needed to add more humanization to it. I used some exciter in certain places. I'll double check my metering. I was just under 12 LUFS and SC limits tracks to their standard.Thank you!

@Timothy Smith  ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb::

Una música inquietante y sugestiva!!

Felicidades  :thumbsup:

Marcus- Thanks for comments.