Author Topic: Angel from Amsterdam - Travel song/Retro rework comp entry  (Read 303 times)

Offline redmando

• Poissonier
  • Karma coins: 83
  • It's the Bellmetal Banana Company
Re: Angel from Amsterdam - Travel song/Retro rework comp entry
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2018, 20:19:15 »
Well done @Mar T.  I like both versions, maybe the first one more! Your voice is great on the rework, but maybe it's just me that's a bit retro not liking the hard-rock production as much. Liked your trademark guitar sound on the new one though.
Working for the Bellmetal Banana Company

Offline junemay

• Poissonier
  • Karma coins: 82
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2018, 17:59:44 »
Hi @Mar T.

well, you learned a lot production-wise in the last 10 years obviously ;-) So the new version is not only a very good song but also very well delivered. You should try to sell it to the "Scorpions" this would the the song they missed to write in the last 20 years since "Rock you like a hurricane" ;-)

Best,

Fabian

Offline Mar T.

• Senior Site Administrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • Karma coins: 1395
  • Pay it forward! (watch that movie..)
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2018, 20:47:06 »
Well done @Mar T.  I like both versions, maybe the first one more! Your voice is great on the rework, but maybe it's just me that's a bit retro not liking the hard-rock production as much. Liked your trademark guitar sound on the new one though.

Cheers @redmando , thanks for listening and for taking the time to comment! Ah okay so the rock-production is not your thing, fair enough.. Great to hear you liked the voice and the guitar sound on the new one! It was a lot of fun doing the re-take!

Hi @Mar T.

Yes! That's great to hear from a good producer like yourself @junemay , gives me some confidence!! I'll send a few of my rock songs to major labels and large bands, see if they take the time to listen and reply ;-)
Would be great, but I think the receive 1000's of tracks every month ;-)
Cheers man!!

:mart:

well, you learned a lot production-wise in the last 10 years obviously ;-) So the new version is not only a very good song but also very well delivered. You should try to sell it to the "Scorpions" this would the the song they missed to write in the last 20 years since "Rock you like a hurricane" ;-)

Best,

Fabian

Offline Mark Luto

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
  • Karma coins: 720
  • Enthusiastic Dilettante
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2018, 12:42:02 »
Your vocals are stunning @Mar T. ! :o
And so are your playing and production skills, so much better than in the old version, sounds amazingly professional! ::headphone::
There‘s just one thing about this song I don‘t really like: It‘s the bass-line. It is very prominent and unfortunately gets pretty boring too quickly. I really waited for the pattern to change in the chorus, but it didn‘t. To me, it makes the whole song feel a bit lame, and that‘s a pity. This could rock way more...
Really sorry to say that, but you know I love you anyway, don‘t you? ;) :-* ;D

Offline CrystalSuzy

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
  • Karma coins: 527
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2018, 03:46:39 »
WOW< @Mar T.  :o What a fantastic song  ::thumb:: I like both versions, because it is such a good song, but the reworked one is a much stronger track! The vocals in particular
are so much more powerful, as is the guitar playing ::e-guitar3:: I love the concept, and it would be interesting to hear that first verse sung by a female, if it's suppose to be the
female speaking there...I found it a little confusing in that respect, but probably just me ::) ::) It's really interesting to hear how much you've improved in 10 years, even though you
sounded pretty darn good back then as well ::heart:: Great entry @Mar T.  ::Suzy::