• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
  • "Let the Creators Create" :-)

• November 26, 2020, 18:41:52
    • Sheffield, UK
  • more
Autumn
on: November 12, 2020, 16:01:42
So Autumn is here at last. It was quite tricky trying to keep the dynamics of the piece and also mix and master it.

I feel I've learned quite a bit though so it always seems worthwhile investing in these type of projects, if only for the learning aspects.
Still a bit out of my comfort zone but I'm getting better at it over time.

Oh @LePlongeur, you will be pleased to know that with Winter already completed, and now Autumn, I'm hoping to get four tracks done, one for each season.  I'm sure that's never been done before has it  ? :yes: :no: :doublebonk: :doublebonk:  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway,  I've tried to be a bit arty by quoting the motif from Winter at the end of Autumn to try and suggest the transition from one season to the next. I will have to get all these projects completed at some point, but where is the fun in that ehhhh .

::OSMAN:: ::OSMAN:: ::OSMAN::

https://soundcloud.com/mrbouzouki/autumn

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"A musical vision of Autumn, a time of year when change is in the air. Mellow days and vivid colours give way to darker nights, rain storms and misty mornings. As the season moves on, a hint of Winter arrives with colder nights and frosty mornings"

Description

Autumn, finds me trying to express, in music, my feelings about this season. Below is a attempt at doing this in words too. This is the second of hopefully four orchestral pieces that describe the four temperate seasons of the year.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Autumn

The majesty of Summer has now faded. Leaves, once so green, now a myriad of fading colours as Mother Nature withdraws her life-giving hand.

The weather is changing too. Strong winds and blustery days jostle with times of calm reflection, as you take a little wander through the woods.

The squirrels are busy, as are the birds, as some prepare for darker times whilst others set forth on their migrant flights.

For nature knows, whilst man often forgets, that change is in the air.

P Goodrich - Oct 2020

---------------------------------------------------------------
Instrumentation

Con Sordino and 8ve strings (Albion One - Spitfire)
Viola Ensemble (Chris Hein Strings)
Violin Spiccato (Albion One - Spitfire)
Low Strings Cello & Bass(Chris Hein Strings)
Pizzicato Strings (Albion One - Spitfire)
Oboes (Chris Hein Winds)
English Horn (Chris Hein Winds)
Barock Bassoon (Chris Hein Winds)
Flute (Chris Hein Winds)
French Horn (Chris Hein Brass)
Trombone (Chris Hein Brass)
Low Brass Dirt Growl (Chris Hein Brass)
Timpani Rolls and Strikes (Kontakt Factory Library)
Bass Drum (Kontakt Factory Library)
St Peter's Choir (Halion -Steinberg)
Shevannai vocal library (Eduardo Tarilonte)
Bell Tree (Flying Hands Percussion)

Variety was the key to this piece with it almost compartmentalised into different sections to reflect this changeable season.

The initial section what I call 'the walk in the woods section' depicts the fading grandeur of Autumn before moving into a time of relative calm. This is followed suddenly by a storm section featuring a vocal line as the wind, pizzicato strings as the rain and timpani and brass as the thunder. The final section is almost melancholic, reflecting the withdrawal of nature before dying down to a misty stillness with a hint of Winter just around the corner. In fact the end section features a motif from my piece Winter so it acts as a bridge to that piece.
"Love and Life is all about connections"

• Knate
  • Poissonier
  • Musical Polygamist

• November 24, 2020, 16:42:10
    • Carbondale, CO
    • https://twitter.com/Knate_B https://www.facebook.com/KnateOfficial/ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqy_LIRo5lDZvjDYEgjpYTQ https://soundcloud.com/knate-official
  • more
Re: Autumn
Reply #1 on: November 14, 2020, 06:27:34
This is so far out of my wheelhouse that I couldnt possibly add any insight but it sounds really great!

• LePlongeur
  • Executive Chef
  • In Tartiflette we trust

• Yesterday at 16:47:56
    • Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Reply #2 on: November 14, 2020, 08:40:43
You were out to steal my heart, that’s why I gave it voluntarily. @MrBouzouki
Electronically of course.
19 or 20 great reactions to your beautiful autumn. Talking about a fan base. Too bad that that won’tpay The mortgage.
But apart from this, everything is just fine in paradise.
Have a nice weekend en enjoy all the compliments!
Kind regards, Gus

Reply #3 on: November 15, 2020, 13:39:55
@MrBouzouki  ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb::

Splendid music  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Reply #4 on: November 16, 2020, 00:17:38
Out standing @MrBouzouki
Vince

Reply #5 on: November 16, 2020, 01:03:34
Dang @MrBouzouki  you put a lot into this one!  :)

Your music has come a long way! ( meant as a compliment ... not saying your music wasn't good before.... but really) The thematic development, the orchestration, the musical arrangement, the expression of emotion .... this is just a whole new level! Top shelf sir!
Autumn is here ... and it's in A minor!   ;)

-11 ::Note::
Bill
Songwriter, Keyboards, Arranger, Producer & Engineer for November Sound

November Sound is based on the Mother, Father & Son musical trio of Melissa, Bill & Will. I'm the father so anything I post will have my wife singing and/or my son playing percussion.

• MrBouzouki
  • Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
  • "Let the Creators Create" :-)

• November 26, 2020, 18:41:52
    • Sheffield, UK
  • more
Reply #6 on: November 16, 2020, 10:48:34
Cheers all for your feedback.  ;D ;D ;D

The nice thing for me @LePlongeur is my mortgage is paid off and I am retired. So provided the fates are favourable I have the time to create music without worrying about earning a living.

We have two 'studios' in our house now. My wife has here new craft studio that see does mostly card and paper creations in and I have my little 'box room' music studio. When people say said 'I work in the box now', well I literally do  ;D ;D ;D

Well @Knate not so long ago I had no idea any this orchestral stuff either. Hopefully, my journey might help inspire somebody to go down a new alleyway with their music. It's so easy to get caught in the same musical cliché's , almost going round and round in circles. The answer if often to learn a new instrument, or learn to play bongos, or anything different to spark new creative adventures. Maybe buy a new VST instrument or learn a new recording technique.

Maybe go a bit further with music theory, for example, I've been learning about pivot chords and parallel major and minor scales. The idea with the second one is pinching chords from say Cmin whilst being mainly in C major or vice-versa. Lot's of musicians do this without being consciously aware of what they are doing but having some understanding might help.  Anyway, you get the idea and my orchestral efforts are just me extending my possibilities. At the end of the day, we just want tot capture what we can hear in our heads ;-)

@Vince / @Marcus Nalgaber  Thanks  / Gracias   ::thumb:: ::thumb::

@Bill from November Sound ... cheers for that.  Glad you've seen me grow into this. There is so much to learn, so little time, but it's so much fun to try and explore what is possible with a bit of work and most importantly listening and refining as you go.  ;D ;D ;D

Reply #7 on: November 16, 2020, 11:18:55
wonderful work

gr. Dan

• GaryHynes
  • Patissier
  • Karma Hunter

• November 24, 2020, 20:59:19
    • Ireland
  • more
Reply #8 on: November 16, 2020, 20:48:58
@MrBouzouki Beautiful, thank you. I love this time of year, once I get a handle on the sadness.
You can't go back. You can't stand still. If the thunder don't get you. The lightning will.

Reply #9 on: November 16, 2020, 22:31:37
Hola @MrBouzouki

the end of autumn when it opens the door to winter is a strange moment, the preparation for nostalgia, for the brown mountains and for the nakedness of what was giving shade and protection before.

I don't know if it's because of the virus or not, it doesn't matter, that's the truth, but your piece brings all that, a calm in the air that as it gets colder enters the earth and things as if it were rain while the hours slow down.

Very nice, relaxing, melancholic. I love the bluebells, the last leaves that refused to fall and finally give up? some lonely snowflakes? brrrr.

It has been a very relaxing experience.

Cuídate.

Mora
I did not know that to live I had to die so many times
https://vimeo.com/onacarom

xx
Autumn is upon us

Started by MrBouzouki on Other Arts

2 Replies
Last post October 18, 2020, 19:44:31
by Rachel_D
xx