• Vegetable Chef
  • "Without music, life would be a mistake."

• July 12, 2019, 12:15:55
    • France
  • more
Re: Brexit
Reply #15 on: March 13, 2019, 09:38:02
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 18:14:59 by EnelyM »
Great! I will share my film with you @Dutchbeat  when it will be uploaded on YouTube ;)

I am happy you like it @Leonard Scaper thank you :)
Perhaps, @Bill from November Sound has high professional speakers ;)

Thank you @oorlab
I wrote the song a long time ago but it is finally recorded and done now.

• Leonard Scaper
  • Global Moderator
  • Executive Chef
  • Guest Chef

• Yesterday at 20:18:00
    • Terra Firma
  • more
Reply #16 on: March 13, 2019, 12:05:50
I am happy you like it @Leonard Scaper thank you :)
Perhaps, @Bill from November Sound has high professional speakers ;)

I just gave it another listen on my good headphones....perhaps @Bill from November Sound is hearing that high frequency in some of those high hat hits.....but I am not hearing anything else. I will admit that these ears of mine are getting old.  ;)

You have a beautiful voice.
"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

"In a world of robotic conformity, the only originality left in music is the imperfections" Eric Craptone

"Special thanks to Steve Gleason for making me who I am today." Leonard Scaper

Lenny's Tunes: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=540680

https://soundcloud.com/vincentgleason

Reply #17 on: March 13, 2019, 22:34:04
I haven't a clue what you're saying but the melody is lovely.

Reply #18 on: March 13, 2019, 23:32:54
The high frequency is not part of the music really ...not an instrument.... it is in there at certain parts and can be heard in the space. I can hear it on earbuds as well. But, of course, I am listening for it while others wouldn't be. ( Granted I have exceptional hearing. I may even be part bat. I am not saying that I am batman but no one has ever seen me and batman in the same room, really. )

Anyway it is an awesome song! If you were going to do more with it as far as distribution and promotion then I'm sure it would be an easy enough fix. You could isolate each track and look at it with Voxengo Span ( free plug-in) , look for that 18khz (I'm estimating this number) hanging up there and cut it out with the EQ or a similar adjustment. It is probably one of the samples.

Since it is such a fine song and such a timely song you could consider adjusting that. But there really is no need to do that for a basic SoundCloud release.  (Normally I just listen to people's music and say great job. I didn't really want this to become a big issue)

Congratulations. Great singing, great style and keep it up! We want to hear more!  :)
Bill
Songwriter, Keyboards, Arranger, Producer & Engineer for November Sound

November Sound is based on the Mother, Father & Son musical trio of Melissa, Bill & Will. I'm the father so anything I post will have my wife singing and/or my son playing percussion.

Reply #19 on: March 14, 2019, 15:54:55
Enveloppez, un peu de la batterie de @Dutchbeat et  tu as frappé avec cette chanson.
Quelle belle voix tu as! Et quel beau texte!
 ::heart:: ::heart:: ::heart::

:goatie:
kwasr

• EnelyM
  • Vegetable Chef

• France
  • more
Reply #20 on: March 14, 2019, 18:22:44
It is nice to see that you  pay so much attention to my production :) thank you @Leonard Scaper

Whaouh thanks @Bill from November Sound this is so interesting  :ok:
I love hearing professional go this deep into the sound. I am impressed and this is the best way for me to improve because I have a lot of things to learn in terms of recording, mix, mastering...
I am going to listen to that carefully!
Thank you again Batman  8)

Merci beaucoup @Goatrelated
Heureuse de voir qu'elle t'ait plu  :D

• Mar T.
  • Senior Site Administrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • Pay it forward! (watch that movie..)

• Today at 02:00:30
    • Duiven
    • http://twitter.com/MartiMediaSC http://www.facebook.com/MartiMedia http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEBmQkchurQ https://soundcloud.com/martimedia
  • more
Reply #21 on: March 18, 2019, 23:20:46

Hi @EnelyM ,
I was away last weekend with a few of my kitchen friends. @Goatrelated  told me she loved this new song of yours a lot. So I listened as well, and she was right! I loooved listening to your track!

I always get blown away by the french language, sounds so beautiful for a dutchmen. Love how your language sounds. 'Brexiter' sounds so different than 'Brexit', and I love what you did by using a recent political subject and gave that different interpretatiion with a human touch.

The song catched me immediately because it's just you and a piano in the beginning. Very nice chord progressions and a melody that continues after the song was finished. I noticed myself humming 'Mon cœur s’est fait Brexiter'.. And I love your voice! Nice sound of voice and I love the creativeness in your singing.

Creative choice of beat, mixes a bit electro feel to the song. I don't know if that was your intention. I can also easily hear a cajon and hand-played percussion, that would've resulted in a different, more natural overall sound imo.

Nice build at 2'28 with those strings!
Smart tempo change in the ending..

Sooo eh.. yes that was a treat to listen to!! Thanks for sharing and well done!!

Cheers!
Mar T.
:mart:

• EnelyM
  • Vegetable Chef

• France
  • more
Reply #22 on: March 20, 2019, 10:44:34
Thank you @realkevm  The translation of the lyrics is available in the description of the song if you want ;)

Hi @Mar T.

Thank you so so much for your comment!  :D
Indeed, it's totally different to write and to sing in English or in French. And of course, the sound and the pronunciation are not the same as well.
I am really happy you appreciate it. This is a really personal and intimate song. I wanted to create the parallel between Brexit and my personal story. I am always interested to hear about the different interpretations of people.

I try my best to create the music with all these instruments by myself. I need to improve a lot regarding the mix/mastering.
But I'm glad to see that you like the atmosphere I created.

Thank you again for your feedback. I appreciate a lot all these details.  :ok:

• LePlongeur
  • Sous Chef
  • In Tartiflette we trust

• Yesterday at 08:24:22
    • Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Reply #23 on: March 26, 2019, 10:02:09
Perhaps due to my sloppy (too quick) reading now and then, but what I miss is a hats off to your English lyrics. Close enough to the original and English enough to be poetic.
I read and listen to the French ones, that may be the reason I didn't pay attention to the English lyrics.

May I suggest something?
I really think your high register (the higher notes in your singing) isn't your forte. So singing just what you did an octave lower would do the trick. For the next one. Not with the intention to lure you into changing what you posted.
But apart from that, I just love it.
Kind regards, Gus

• EnelyM
  • Vegetable Chef

• France
  • more
Reply #24 on: March 27, 2019, 17:01:48
Yes I tried to translate the lyrics in English the best way possible. But it is certainly not perfect. Thank you for sharing what you think about that @LePlongeur :)

This is very interesting. You may be right about that. I agree that I need to work more on the singing. This is one of my goal ;)
Thank you for that, it helps me find my style.
Thank you @LePlongeur  :D I appreciate your comments  :ok:

• LePlongeur
  • Sous Chef
  • In Tartiflette we trust

• Yesterday at 08:24:22
    • Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Reply #25 on: March 28, 2019, 12:58:45
Bonjour à Vous, @EnelyM
Leave it up to me, to present some ‘against the grain’ opinions.

And this is such an opinion:
When I was young, my weight was very low which made me a great athlete and skater.
I did some rugby at which I miserably failed. As a result of my weight.
It’s a very modern thing to be working at one’s weaker points, but I think they are not your weaker points without a reason.

Working at rugby would have been in the way of athletics. And rather than focusing on my weaker points, I thought it smarter to work at the things one’s good at. More results, more fun.

So, rather than to invest time in your higher register, I would invest time in new songs. And sing them in a somewhat lower pitch.
Your voice happy.
Your songbook happy.
You happy.
We happy, (yes, a slightly selfish lot we are!).

Of course it’s just an opinion, but it’s my opinion. Your strong points will lead you to places you can’t even dream to be possible.
Not only for singing. Always try to do what makes you happy and what your forte is. That’s what I think.
Kind regards, Gus

• EnelyM
  • Vegetable Chef

• France
  • more
Reply #26 on: March 28, 2019, 14:33:14
Bonjour @LePlongeur
This is a very interesting point of view. I think I understand what you mean and thank you for this detailed explanation. ;)
Maybe you're right about that. I should definitely see a singer teacher who can perfectly advise me on what I should do with my voice. And you just helped me with it so thanks :)
As you said I will compose and write new songs that make me happy  :D (sometimes it's good to challenge ourselves aswell ;) )
I like your last point about enjoying what we do. This is really something important for me. That's the reason why I play music, it's because I love it.  :ok:

Bonne journée  ::Note::
EnelyM