• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
  • "Let the Creators Create" :-)

• July 11, 2020, 14:42:52
    • Sheffield, UK
  • more
BV10
on: June 26, 2020, 23:26:48
I've been more absent than normal for a while and this is the reason why. A two day music write (very quick for me) followed by collating and producing a video to help celebrate our choirs 10th anniversary during lockdown.

Don't expect it to be too interesting on its own, it's better watching the video really (linked below)

I found it interesting not doing too much so as not to dominate the images until the end section sign-off.

https://soundcloud.com/mrbouzouki/bv10-final-master-190620

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was an interesting project and a fast one for me. Two days start to finish. Then I was busy making a retrospective video.

I sing in a local community choir that was going to celebrate it's 10th anniversary then COVID struck. Our plans for a presentation to the MD and his wife after a special concert were in tatters with everything cancelled.

In the end we did a lockdown presentation and I created a choir retrospective and I needed some music to go with the photos and a bit of video. BV10 was the result.

Warning it doesn't really do much musically as it has repetitive sections until near the end. I did want something that sounded fairly reflective, not too fast for transitions and not too intrusive.

It turned out a useful foil to the video in the end.

If you want to see the finished video it's here :-

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Instruments Used

I quite like the use of the Harp and Alto Glockenspiel to create the chime effect and I always enjoy using English Horn and Alto Flute in combination.

34-string Iona lever Harp (Etherealwinds)
Alto Glockenspiel (Halion 6)
St Peters Choir patch (Halion 6)
Con Sord Strings (Spitfire)
8ve Strings (Spitfire)
Bass Guitar (Halion 6)
English Horn (Chris Hein Orchestral Winds)
Alto Flute (Chris Hein Orchestral Winds)
"Love and Life is all about connections"

Re: BV10
Reply #1 on: June 27, 2020, 03:12:29
I love the music on this @MrBouzouki  !!!!! 

:)

:ok:
Bill
Songwriter, Keyboards, Arranger, Producer & Engineer for November Sound

November Sound is based on the Mother, Father & Son musical trio of Melissa, Bill & Will. I'm the father so anything I post will have my wife singing and/or my son playing percussion.

• MotterPaul
  • Patissier
  • Man o' World

• Yesterday at 02:48:53
    • Encinitas CA
  • more
Reply #2 on: June 27, 2020, 04:54:42
it's a pretty sound. It seems like all anyone needs is a synthesizer and one can make great soundscapes.
I work on Protools, was a pro recording engineer for 10 years in analog. I play compose, perform record and mix everything in my recordings.

• LePlongeur
  • Sous Chef
  • In Tartiflette we trust

• Today at 19:59:28
    • Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Reply #3 on: June 27, 2020, 08:54:47
it's a pretty sound. It seems like all anyone needs is a synthesizer and one can make great soundscapes.

I don't know from which country you are @MotterPaul . It is certainly not my aim to insult or offend you. And so I am going to post it anyway.
We have a cut corners generalization in NL, and we say that all instruments are like civil servants. When left alone nothing ever happens. This goes for  synthesizers too. Not my favorite instrument, but starting in 1969 (Bach on Moog) a serious family of instruments.

So: Maybe I read your post too quick.
Or: Maybe you read @MrBouzouki 's post too quick, but i think if I read yours right, you're not doing the effort justice.
I think the music fits the purpose like a glove. Cheers to that.
Lovely post MrB!
Kind regards, Gus

Reply #4 on: June 27, 2020, 18:39:14
That was truly heartfelt ❤️ and beautiful @MrBouzouki The music and the video had me tearing up... and I’m not even a member of the choir!

Some of my most memorable musical experiences have been singing with a choir... it’s magic!

You are blessed to have such a  vibrant community music organization and the sentiment in this composition and video production shows that you recognize the value and importance of people sharing  music.

Bravo 👏👏👏

• Dutchbeat
  • MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • If you can stand the Beat, get into the Kitchen!

• Today at 21:53:44
  • more
Reply #5 on: June 27, 2020, 19:46:31
wow..great @MrBouzouki ...the video and the music are a good match, and congratulations with the 10th anniversary of your choir!!!!!

Covid has been ruining a lot, but you found a great way to go forward anyway  :ok:
me, myself, and Pie

• Mo
  • Rotisseur

• Today at 11:34:59
  • more
Reply #6 on: June 28, 2020, 12:21:27
Heavenly! :D
 ::thumb::

Reply #7 on: July 11, 2020, 13:09:51
Hola @MrBouzouki