• Can I get some feedback on a piece I wrote for 2 cellos?
  • Started by bencrouch
  • bencrouch
  • Porter
  • Karma Hunter

• September 10, 2016, 17:34:03
  • more
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 06:23:17 by bencrouch »

Link to the audio file:
https://bencrouchcomposer.weebly.com/files/theme/dunkelheiterwacht.wav
(The quality isn't that great, because I put the midi file in my DAW program.)

Dunkelheit Erwacht by Ben Crouch is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.

I wrote this about a year ago, and recently wrote the second part. If I could get some feedback, that'd be great!

UPDATE: I added the rest of the string parts, as well as a piano part. If you could also give that one a listen, that'd be great!
Link to audio: https://bencrouchcomposer.weebly.com/files/theme/DunkelheitErwacht13.mp3

• Dutchbeat
  • MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • If you can stand the Beat, get into the Kitchen!

• Yesterday at 21:15:19
  • more
Re: Can I get some feedback on a piece I wrote for 2 cellos?
Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 22:42:11
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 22:44:31 by it must be me, Dutchbeat? »
Welcome to the forum Ben! Where are you from?

I listened to the audio file, I think the composition is great  ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb::

I would not be the one that can judge music like this, but it sounds very good to me

but I do think running the midi files through other string sounds, with less attack

and some more reverb at the tail, would make the composition even stand out more
a fuller sound??? but perhaps you don't want that

anyway...awesome!!!!! oh my....I realize now...these are probably real Cello strings???  :o :o :o :o :o

karma points incoming  ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb:: :o :o :o :o ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb::
me, myself, and Pie

Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 17:40:14
I think this sounds really good. The composition seems to end too abruptly. I kind of felt, "that's it?" SO, I think I wanted more: To hear it lengthened a bit. I really liked it though. Your cello playing is top notch. I like when it ran down to the tenor parts.

• haven235
  • Patissier
  • Karma hunter

• October 30, 2017, 21:50:19
    • United States
  • more
Reply #3 on: August 28, 2016, 08:53:59
I agree with DCS, it could use some more development. And maybe have an organ instead of a piano? Just a thought.