• crazy by Harriet Tornqvist
  • Started by harriettornqvist
crazy by Harriet Tornqvist
on: October 09, 2019, 12:31:07
in talking to males the idea of a woman being 'crazy' often comes up
when i press for more information, it seems that 'crazy' encompasses expressions of emotion, question asking, or stating what you want
basically
if you want to talk about feelings UR CRAZY  :nopompom:

https://soundcloud.com/harriet-tornqvist/crazy

• Leonard Scaper
  • Global Moderator
  • Executive Chef
  • Guest Chef

• Today at 01:12:21
    • Terra Firma
  • more
Re: crazy by Harriet Tornqvist
Reply #1 on: October 09, 2019, 14:29:44
As a male I have seen this all too often.....especially in the male-centric  work environment that I inhabit during my days. I attempt to balance that with a strong and vocal respect for the innate wisdom and strength of womankind in general.

Gender politics aside....I look forward to hearing your songs @harriettornqvist ....and this song is crazy good. I love how you take it out with that "I love you, baby" right at the end.
"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

"In a world of robotic conformity, the only originality left in music is the imperfections" Eric Craptone

"Special thanks to Steve Gleason for making me who I am today." Leonard Scaper

Lenny's Tunes: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=540680

https://soundcloud.com/vincentgleason

• Dutchbeat
  • MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • If you can stand the Beat, get into the Kitchen!

• Yesterday at 22:23:24
  • more
Reply #2 on: October 09, 2019, 17:04:41
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 17:16:10 by Dutchbeat »
Hi @harriettornqvist , what a great song....even though the subject of the song, is a bit...CRAZY  ;D ;D ;D ;D (just kidding!  ;D ;D:doublebonk:

nice and catchy singing melody  ::headphone:: ::headphone:: ::headphone:: ::headphone::

now "don't call me crazy" plays over and over in my head... :o :o :o :o
me, myself, and Pie

Reply #3 on: October 09, 2019, 17:12:17
Very nice spare production !  I like the guitar and vocal textures . Good idea on the background vocals .  I totally get your message. Too bad that more men don't !

Reply #4 on: October 09, 2019, 22:55:13
Wow -super cool. Your voice reminds me of a mix of Lana del Rey, Gabrielle Aplin and Nina Nesbit - really gorgeous and crisp. Also love your lyrics - especially the chorus - super clever (added to this the wedding march 'la's)- not that you need me to tell you but you are v talented!

• LePlongeur
  • Sous Chef
  • In Tartiflette we trust

• Yesterday at 19:06:52
    • Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Reply #5 on: October 10, 2019, 10:45:21
When we travel (as a rule three times a year for 5 to 8 weeks in a tent), I carry a note book to jot down my ideas. In the front of that book is a love letter by Harriet to my father when they were, say, 18 years old. My dad died when he was 97 years old, 3 years ago.
So no thing you can say that will make me say you, or any woman, is crazy.

I think that both sides will make it a better place if we stop stereotyping. I say, letís look for love instead of the up or down toilet seat.
Published a song about this on this forum.
And firmly believe you are right about this Ďcrazyí thing. Itís crazy to say women are crazy.
Iím thankful for the differences, otherwise I would be living with my brother. And 8 weeks in a tent with my brother? That would be crazy.

No one is crazy if he or she writes about crazy. Or craziness.
No one is a murderer if.....
No one is out of line if he or she writes about love, lust or a combination of the two.

And I love very much how you seem to be connected/feeling deep about what you write.

All this about being crazy? Just an opinion, but itís my opinion.

So....., now that I got the connection with the internet stable, Iíll have a listen. Maybe two or three.
Kind regards, Gus

• LePlongeur
  • Sous Chef
  • In Tartiflette we trust

• Yesterday at 19:06:52
    • Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Reply #6 on: October 11, 2019, 07:35:27
Yes, again a lovely Harriet song. Instantly recognizable. Great!
Did anyone compliment you on your diction? (Or pronunciation) Because I can easlily understand what you say and not having to rely on the Ďprintedí lyrics for support.

Donít really see what the meat bridal thing had to do with it, but that may be something that has to do with my being an almost life long veggie.

I am always glad when you post another catchy song. Keep on keepin on.
Kind regards, Gus

• MrBouzouki
  • Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
  • "Let the Creators Create" :-)

• December 04, 2019, 01:12:12
    • Sheffield, UK
    • https://www.facebook.com/Mr.Bouzouki.Music/ https://www.youtube.com/user/MisterBouzouki https://soundcloud.com/mrbouzouki
  • more
Reply #7 on: October 11, 2019, 09:03:11
Hi @harriettornqvist ,
                                      as Gus said, you skill is writing 'catchy songs'. This is mainly to do with how you deliver your story. This one is no exception.

One of the things I have noticed is that your songs are all fairly short. I know there are no rules in songwriting and there is a desire to keeps things short nowadays but I wonder if you could expand some of your music in some way ?  To use an artistic idea, to turn a pencil sketch into a true watercolour. 

Now I think about it, that what your music reminds me of, watercolours of different aspects of life. There is a lightness of touch that is pleasing to the ear.

Good Job

::OSMAN:: ::OSMAN:: ::OSMAN::

"Love and Life is all about connections"

Reply #8 on: October 11, 2019, 11:23:23
wow haven't been here lately and then I stumble over all these great songs and Vocalists!! First Lana del Rey comes to my mind.
Great song and performance.
OUR NEW CD BLUE LINE OUT NOW :
https://blueattitude.hearnow.com/

• Mylene
  • Vegetable Chef
  • "Without music, life would be a mistake."

• November 18, 2019, 18:11:43
    • France
    • https://soundcloud.com/mylenenelym
  • more
Reply #9 on: October 30, 2019, 14:09:02
I love your soft and clear voice @harriettornqvist   

It's a great song because it makes me want to gently dance and at the same time it brings a story with a message  :ok:

Thank you for this lovely song that I want to listen again and again  ::headphone::

• robertkc
  • Rotisseur
  • Karma Hunter

• December 06, 2019, 22:05:05
    • Vancouver Island
    • https://soundcloud.com/user-564042721
  • more
Reply #10 on: October 31, 2019, 19:34:34
Clever and sincere lyrics, @harriettornqvist , a catchy melody delivered by a voice I really enjoy ( soft and so clear at the same time).
Lovely adlibbed harmonies at the close... which comes quickly but that`s ok. ::thumb:: ::thumb::

Robert

• Layerson
  • Poissonier
  • 8e gr8, 8e aw3som3

• December 01, 2019, 19:04:06
    • Sweden
  • more
Reply #11 on: November 05, 2019, 10:37:27
Intelligent lyrics, cool sound which makes for a great song @harriettornqvist  :ok: :yes:  ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb::

The alpha-male dominance in the world is all too obvious (...plenty of examples but I wont bother to write one...) and I see this from day to day, not suffering but persons close to me do.

To put this problem of stereotype male-self-fulfilling-prophecy into a song, burried in smart lyrics and package it as you've done is probably a very good way to address the issue, but I think it's more of an outlet for you?  and maybe not as much a political statement?... I couldn't know and it probably doesn't matter, either way it works.

Very entertaining and clever. Like the song a lot.  ::headphone::

::Rachel::
/Micke
Layerson (a.k.a. Mikael Lagersson)

• IsleofSkye
  • Poissonier
  • (INFJ-T) - 20 yrs old and in college- how original

• December 03, 2019, 04:02:18
    • Newnan, Georgia, USA
  • more
Reply #12 on: November 05, 2019, 14:15:08
This song is insanely good! I seriously was questioning if this was actually a song on Iíd heard on a top 40 station. but no itís just yours, and itís really good!

Your voice is so good and the song is so catchy, if you had this professionally mixed and added some more production I think it could be a hit!
"When you've seen beyond yourself then you may find peace of mind is waiting there."-George Harrison

xx
i want to know you by Harriet Tornqvist

Started by harriettornqvist on Songs for review

3 Replies
Last post September 05, 2019, 19:48:35
by Leonard Scaper
xx
like you by Harriet Tornqvist

Started by harriettornqvist on Songs for review

8 Replies
Last post September 13, 2019, 05:38:13
by Jurgen