• Darkness Ain't a Thing
  • Started by Mo
  • Mo
  • Chef de Partie

• January 26, 2021, 23:22:18
  • more
Darkness Ain't a Thing
on: December 29, 2020, 11:25:43
Hello friends! Rather I wanted do this song as a collab, as it would have benn much more interesting but unfortunately this didn't happen so I did it solo again together with my Garageband buddies..

I know, and it bothers me a bit as well, that I'm such dilettante with the technical production. A lot of points are to improve, started with the vocals, to the arrangement of track and  finally mixing all together.
But then I decided recently to subordinate these points to the overall goal so that I can show something at all. Better an 80% production than nothing at all, right?

To the content I would like to mention only briefly, even if it looks different at a superficial view: This is NOT a dark song!

Darkness Ain't a Thing

Darkness,
you here again?
After all I find you've lied
Day just spin around
There's no night

Darkness,
you here again?
How dare you to claim
To exist
By have a name?

Darkness,
of you I lost my fear
So vanish out of head
and hurry up
my dear!

Darkness,
you ain't a thing!
An illusion of might
due change quality
of light

Darkness,
you ain't a thing!
Light is always there
no longer I will bear
you!

Darkness,
of you I lost my fear
So vanish out of head
and hurry up
my dear!
So vanish out of head
and hurry up
hurry up
hurry up
my dear!

SoundCloud https://soundcloud.com/user-65096772/darkness-aint-a-thing

Re: Darkness Ain't a Thing
Reply #1 on: December 29, 2020, 15:38:20
Hola @Mo

I can only say that you are a woman smart enough to do the work you do.
I loved the intro, it has an atmosphere full of images and the use of your garageband friends is very successful.
I am your fan and I support your work and your way of feeling and thinking ... And you are right, it is not a dark song, on the contrary, it is a liberation.

Muchos besos  ::heart:: ::heart:: ::heart:: ::heart:: ::heart::

Mora
I did not know that to live I had to die so many times
https://vimeo.com/onacarom

• LePlongeur
  • Executive Chef
  • In Tartiflette we trust

• January 26, 2021, 19:02:00
    • Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Reply #2 on: December 30, 2020, 09:42:41
I agree fully with @Mora Amaro La Loba @Mo !

As long as your wish for collabs is stemming from a sense of adventure, there’s nothing wrong with it.

Your posts seem to carry more and more self assurance, which is only fitting for a creative and strong person like yourself.

You will be besod by the entire kitchen sooner or later.

So very friendly besos from me too.
Electronic ones of course!
Kind regards, Gus

• Tolo
  • Poissonier

• January 09, 2021, 13:54:19
    • Johannesburg
  • more
Reply #3 on: December 30, 2020, 19:17:41
Hey @Mo  - this took a few listens... but it is powerful and liberating. You are right - for me the mix needs work to open up the wonderful instrument that is your voice - but that is a small and easy thing. The song is so dynamic and surprising -  the drums sound GREAT! This reminds me a little of 'Eighth Day' by Hazel O'Connor (if you don't know it - google it, you will love it - it is old but GOLD and Hazel is a friend of mine!) Only because it has attitude and power in all the right places. This is music I can listen to over and over and still find joy in the corners of it.
Pro Tools 2020
UAD Apollo Twin Duo
Furman AC210E
10.13 High Sierra
SSD Thunderbolt Audio
i9 7900 10 Core
64G Crucial DDR4

www.tonylowther.com

• Mo
  • Chef de Partie

• more
Reply #4 on: December 31, 2020, 09:18:01
@Mora Amaro La Loba  and @LePlongeur,

Thank you! It is good to have your encouragement. It is a balancing act for me, on the one hand I want to do it the way I want but on the other hand it could happen that I am totally misunderstood.
I am very happy that you both support me so much and with everything it is honest words that help me the most.

As long as your wish for collabs is stemming from a sense of adventure, there’s nothing wrong with it.

@LePlongeur, of course adventure is that biggest part ! :D But not just all. I can't pretend that I don't realize that I have a big musical deficit. I don't know how serious it is. But I feel that it could be compensated in the form of having more than one 'spirit or mind' working on the music.
Its just a fact that my Garageband friends, couldn't do that. I think its just naturally if we strive for improvment.

• Mo
  • Chef de Partie

• more
Reply #5 on: December 31, 2020, 09:37:49
Hey @Mo  - this took a few listens..

Aw, @Tolo  that really means much to me! Thank you for your time and attention! I will follow your hint and will hear soon  'Eighth Day' by Hazel O'Connor  ;)

for me the mix needs work to open up the wonderful instrument that is your voice - but that is a small and easy thing.[
Yeah!  :ok: But its easier said then done ;) ....as more  I try as more it went worse and unfortunately its not a second passion of mine  to play around with technique, adjust details, ,mastering and tuning.
 I still  want mention, that one of your former comments already did me researching for 'How to  EQ vocals'. And I think I got  already a baby step closer in the right direction  with my latest songs before this... but to be honest its not possible to me  to use this  more 'creative' than just  copy the given instructions.
However... for now  i blame my small experience and technical interest for that ;D it just can get bet with time if i give more effort to it,  I hope. :)

clip
NGD, ain't nothing quite like it

Started by Jambrains on The kitchen café

3 Replies
Last post May 13, 2015, 12:12:44
by Dutchbeat
xx
'My 1970's Girl' - nostalgia ain't what it used to be!

Started by MichaelA on Songs for review

6 Replies
Last post June 07, 2018, 22:19:32
by MichaelA
xx
Life ain't a cookie Jar

Started by Soultanz on Songs for review

10 Replies
Last post May 16, 2018, 13:51:03
by MichaelA
xx
the darkness away

Started by cheff daniel on Songs for review

14 Replies
Last post November 22, 2020, 17:23:27
by Mo
xx
A Light in ther Darkness - COMPLETED Track ( The Pilgrims Way Project )

Started by MrBouzouki on Songs for review

14 Replies
Last post April 28, 2018, 07:22:26
by LePlongeur