• Electronic song, and I don't completely know where to go!
  • Started by TheMobRapper
  • TheMobRapper
  • Patissier
  • The lyricist for anyone

• December 28, 2018, 20:12:43
    • Chandler, AZ
  • more
Hey everyone, it's been a long time! (I like the new dark look  ;D). Unfortunately, life has gotten to one of those semi-permanent busy periods, and I don't have much music time anymore. However, last night I got inspired and I cranked out the beginnings of a totally funky/creepy song. I had actually been going for something else, but suddenly a vst just popped out at me, and one thing led to another . . .

So here she is: https://soundcloud.com/user-331798352/going-backwards

It's currently titled Going Backwards, though that was for the song I was originally producing, so it's only a placeholder. I'm thinking that, unless you all can think of something else to sing about on it, I'm going to make it an Overwatch fan-song for Moira. The creepy ambiance really strikes me as her vibes (in a good way). Let me know what you think! Lyric ideas, ideas for the instrumental itself, anything. Thanks, guys and gals!!
Hey, it's cheaper than therapy.

• Dutchbeat
  • MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • If you can stand the Beat, get into the Kitchen!

• Today at 20:04:54
  • more
Re: Electronic song, and I don't completely know where to go!
Reply #1 on: September 06, 2018, 21:57:31
Sounds good! @TheMobRapper

nice tension building
and yes, that reversed / backwards sound works

works for me very well

perhaps go for more extreme, long reversed cymbal.....riser
and kick in a LOUD beat?

nice, very nice imo

me, myself, and Pie

• TheMobRapper
  • Patissier
  • The lyricist for anyone

• December 28, 2018, 20:12:43
    • Chandler, AZ
  • more
Re: Electronic song, and I don't completely know where to go!
Reply #2 on: September 07, 2018, 22:27:12
Thanks so much, @Dutchbeat ! I did end up changing the kick a wee bit to a heavier one, though not too much heavier. I don't want too much focus on the percussion in this song, and I've been trying to find more risers/transitions for use, but I don't know where to find them  :(. Anyways, I think I have a final instrumental! I've adjusted it a bit, and I added this funky industrial-ish "wah" thing to the final chorus, it gets me grooving so hard when I listen to it, gotta say! Have a listen, and also, I may be searching for some female singers, preferably with kind of a darker tone, if that's the word? I want an evil-sounding voice  >:D

https://soundcloud.com/user-331798352/full-will-made-real-overwatch

Another great song that provided some inspiration: