• Fade To Grey
  • Started by Leonard Scaper
Re: Fade To Grey
Reply #15 on: May 12, 2020, 17:35:01
@realkevm .........your comment about feeling there with the song is perfect. It is something that I strive for in my productions. Thank you.

@Rightly .....thank you so much for your appreciation but specifically for that appreciation of Love Is Gonna Find You. That song is one that I play every time I pick up a guitar. I appreciate your time spent listening to my stuff.

@MrBouzouki .........thank you for that perspective on being grey. Grey is neither black nor white......but both. Grey makes for a good background color as it allows that which it backs up to be wonderfully highlighted.  ;)
"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

"In a world of robotic conformity, the only originality left in music is the imperfections" Eric Craptone

"Special thanks to Steve Gleason for making me who I am today." Leonard Scaper

Lenny's Tunes: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=540680

https://soundcloud.com/vincentgleason

• LePlongeur
  • Sous Chef
  • In Tartiflette we trust

• Yesterday at 21:49:51
    • Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Reply #16 on: May 14, 2020, 09:19:50
Fading to grey too. And I had to wait an awful long time. So I'm ashamed of nothing.
When it was 5.30 in the morning, I had a sneak behind view and listen. As opposed to sneak preview.
And I like it a lot.

Next one please!
Kind regards, Gus

Reply #17 on: May 14, 2020, 14:21:04
Holz @Leonard Scaper

Here I am, listening to the songs on this forum!!! As always you each to do a special song with a special message, I liked every much "and watch me as I fade to grey". Wonderful description and heavy emotions.

As for the harmonica it gives it that color that has the sadness of the horizon under the fog.  ::thumb::
I did not know that to live I had to die so many times
https://vimeo.com/onacarom

Reply #18 on: May 14, 2020, 16:13:31
@LePlongeur ....I'm glad you like this one, Gus.

@Mora Amaro La Loba ....Mora!!!! How good it is to see you again! Thank you for giving this one a listen.

Reply #19 on: May 15, 2020, 03:58:14
Leonard OO Leonard  ::heart::
What a comforting music you make, this one is great again. I want to make a CD of all you're songs and take a ride here in the beautiful Auvergne, french landscape, and then play you're music..for hours...so I can feel free..free....you're music makes me free
Were can I get you're CD, can I order somewere
Or please send me one   :yes: :yes: :yes:
 :praise: , yes I know I'm old fashioned...cd, we don't do that anymore,  but I'm not a digital wonder

:goatie:

Jeete

Reply #20 on: May 15, 2020, 21:10:29
A good intimate demo @Leonard Scaper ; I don`t think the lyrics need any explanation; the more personal obscure parts fell away for me when you sang those wonderful lines in the bridge ::thumb:: ::thumb::If you cared to add anything  instrumentally I`d vote for a bowed upright bass.
Very well done, song survivor :thumbsup:

Robert

Reply #21 on: May 15, 2020, 21:49:31
Well @Goatrelated  as @Leonard Scaper  's manager  C:-)  you have to realize first there is the CD making fee. Then the bubble wrap fee … and trust me we need a LOT of bubble wrap!!! Then the boxing fee. Yes, this CD is going into a big cardboard box. Oh and then bagging fee. We'll put the box into a bag. Then that bag goes in another bag. Then the courier fee … because the courier has to take the package on horse back to the post office. Then Air Mail Post to France … ooh that's big $ I think.... oh then the import, export, excise and exercise taxes … whew... tough doing business these days.  ;) It's going to be expensive, I think.   :)   

How's that for handling your fans and publicity @Leonard Scaper  .... did I pass the audition? See I can be your manager.  :praise: Yeah.   :yes:

Bill
Songwriter, Keyboards, Arranger, Producer & Engineer for November Sound

November Sound is based on the Mother, Father & Son musical trio of Melissa, Bill & Will. I'm the father so anything I post will have my wife singing and/or my son playing percussion.

Reply #22 on: May 15, 2020, 22:32:35
@Goatrelated ......Huge smile at your comments. I have made many CD's over the years but they are all gone. I'll have to look at whether I have the stuff to put one together to send you....which I would SO LOVE to do. Thank you so much for your appreciation.

@robertkc ...... a bowed upright bass would be absolutely perfect in this one.  I'm glad that you got the feeling of this one. Thank you. Survivors all........

@Bill from November Sound .....you know, Bill....I've been thinking of putting the band back together, man. We'll definitely need some tight management.  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Reply #23 on: May 17, 2020, 17:42:55
@Leonard Scaper Scaper  ::Rachel::

This music takes me mentally to some simple and intimate places
I also perceive rustic-style furniture
There is a longing in the lyrics of the song that I do not know if it could be solved one day
In short, a good product full of naturalness and sometimes rhythmic amalgams in the musical base
Congratulations!!  ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb::
How lucky I have been to dedicate my whole life to music

My Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8ll_HMMew_IhRrDhTZr2jw

• LePlongeur
  • Sous Chef
  • In Tartiflette we trust

• Yesterday at 21:49:51
    • Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Reply #24 on: May 17, 2020, 19:57:17
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 19:59:46 by LePlongeur »
Well @Goatrelated  as @Leonard Scaper  's manager  C:-)  you have to realize first there is the CD making fee. Then the bubble wrap fee … and trust me we need a LOT of bubble wrap!!! Then the boxing fee. Yes, this CD is going into a big cardboard box. Oh and then bagging fee. We'll put the box into a bag. Then that bag goes in another bag. Then the courier fee … because the courier has to take the package on horse back to the post office. Then Air Mail Post to France … ooh that's big $ I think.... oh then the import, export, excise and exercise taxes … whew... tough doing business these days.  ;) It's going to be expensive, I think.   :)   

How's that for handling your fans and publicity @Leonard Scaper  .... did I pass the audition? See I can be your manager.  :praise: Yeah.   :yes:

Come on @Bill from November Sound , you make it sound as tough as rocket science. Which is not the case. Don’t worry @Goatrelated , LePlongeur to the rescue.

A bassist (forgot his name) figured it out real easily.

Recorded (live even better) by Bram Tschaikovsy.
This/these are the lyrics of girl of my dreams:

Judy was an American girl
She came in the morning
With the US mail
She didn't say nothing
But she looked pretty good to me

Golden hair that shines so bright
Loving eyes that see not sight
She could keep the secrets
That we share in my world of dreams

And a man needs something
When he ain't got nothing to hold onto
And there ain't no telling
When I feel like yelling, "I love you"

Ooooo
It gets lonely in the night
When there ain't no one around
Ooooo
She makes me feel alright
Get my feet right off the ground

She's the girl of my dreams!

If a bassist can send a girl by US Mail, a CD must be fairly simple.
Let the guys be glad you didn’t ask for a cassette!!!

Kind regards, Gus

Reply #25 on: May 17, 2020, 20:21:10
@Marcus Nalgaber ....the imagery in your comments resonates strongly with me. Thank you for listening to this song and for...hearing it.

Reply #26 on: May 18, 2020, 21:56:19
Amazing! So emotional!  :) :) :)
Gabri Vux

Reply #27 on: May 19, 2020, 06:17:29
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 06:21:38 by Goatrelated »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I have no problems @Bill from November Sound to pay some extra fees...especially for the bubbling wrap, I understand it would be a big box, it would be huge, as @Leonard Scaper is so productive.
I'll give you my address, I'm not afraid of  spamming, here in the middle of nowhere.
Goatrelated  alias Victorina
Lieu-dit la Carte
63640 Biollet
French

and Bill, throw in some of your music too, otherwise to send it separately  is to expensive . :dance: :dance: :dance:

:goatie:

Reply #28 on: May 19, 2020, 06:31:40
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 06:33:45 by Goatrelated »

Come on @Bill from November Sound , you make it sound as tough as rocket science. Which is not the case. Don’t worry @Goatrelated , LePlongeur to the rescue.

A bassist (forgot his name) figured it out real easily.

Recorded (live even better) by Bram Tschaikovsy.
This/these are the lyrics of girl of my dreams:

Judy was an American girl
She came in the morning
With the US mail
She didn't say nothing
But she looked pretty good to me

Golden hair that shines so bright
Loving eyes that see not sight
She could keep the secrets
That we share in my world of dreams

And a man needs something
When he ain't got nothing to hold onto
And there ain't no telling
When I feel like yelling, "I love you"

Ooooo
It gets lonely in the night
When there ain't no one around
Ooooo
She makes me feel alright
Get my feet right off the ground

If a bassist can send a girl by US Mail, a CD must be fairly simple.
Let the guys be glad you didn’t ask for a cassette!!!

Kind regards, Gus

Thank you @LePlongeur for understanding, I'm sure @Dutchbeat is able to help me also, @Bill from November Sound, I thought Dutchbeat is @Leonard Scaper co-producer, so he has already all of Leonard's music,  and as I am seeing Dutchbeat in October I see no problems at all

Reply #29 on: May 19, 2020, 12:58:49
@gabrivux ..........thank you so much for listening.

@Goatrelated ........let's see if I can put together a CD for you. Stay tuned.  :)

xx
Fade

Started by Jambrains on Songs for review

12 Replies
Last post January 06, 2018, 01:18:37
by M57
xx
4th Of July (Fade pt 2)

Started by Jambrains on Songs for review

3 Replies
Last post March 16, 2018, 23:59:34
by DanJames
xx
opinions on fade outs (and on how to end a song)

Started by Dutchbeat on Songwriting Ingredients

4 Replies
Last post August 05, 2017, 20:45:54
by GTB
xx
Touchdown Into Grey (Fire the guitarist?)

Started by M57 on Songs for review

56 Replies
Last post May 27, 2017, 14:51:47
by M57
xx
John Loves Julie: Hint Of Grey

Started by ianw on Songs for review

14 Replies
Last post November 26, 2015, 23:56:25
by Tommy Blixt