• Failure
  • Started by jaustinwilliams
Failure
on: February 28, 2020, 05:24:05
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 02:15:55 by jaustinwilliams »
Is it cool/practical to post a dropbox link to a song video?  Oh well here it is, I guess I'll find out:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xfa9x3bm2hcvj8x/2019-01-19%2018.48.29.mov?dl=0

I am new to this forum.  If you can see this song I would be happy for any/all critiques and comments. 

This song is called Failure (blackwinged bird).  I love failure.  Fortunately I am an entrepreneur, not a doctor.  I can fail and no one dies (usually).  I have been on a winning streak before.  It is fun while it lasts.  Enjoy it.  Truth is, creativity and growth require destruction... of your goals, of your trajectory.  Heaven sounds boring to me.  A full heart requires risk and faliure.  And, if every now and then there is a victory, ahhh so sweeter it has been made by the bitterness of failure!  She is an elusive but everpresent black winged bird.

LYRICS:

Failure, failure, failure's a black winged bird
Failure, failure, failure have you heard
Failure, failure, failure's a long lost friend
Failure, failure, failure welcome home again

You’re a slave and a master
You’re a friend and a foe
You’re a traveler that won’t let go
You come like a lion
You leave like a lamb
Oh failure you make a man

Failure, failure, failure's a black winged bird
Failure, failure, failure have you heard
Failure, failure, failure's a long lost friend
Failure, failure, failure welcome home again

You were there when I trusted
You were there when I lied
You were there when hopes had died
You were there when faltered
You were there when I flew
Oh failure your aim is true

Failure, failure, failure’s a black winged bird

Re: Failure
Reply #1 on: February 28, 2020, 16:19:02
Very much enjoyed listening to this song @jaustinwilliams :)

It's well written and you performed it flawlessly with lots of empathy and feeling. As English is a second language to many of us and as a general thing to do, if you could supply the lyrics into your original post that'd be awesome, it's always nice to have if there's one or two words that aren't audible.  :blackgrin:

This is a really good song and I could only dream of performing like that myself, in one take, so I take my hat off to that.  ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb::

Keep 'em coming  ::headphone::

::Rachel::
/ Mike
Layerson (a.k.a. Mikael Lagersson)

Reply #2 on: February 29, 2020, 02:23:13
Mike-  I really appreciate the kind words!  I just added the lyrics to the original post.  CHEERS

Reply #3 on: March 04, 2020, 21:02:47
Hey @jaustinwilliams ......I missed your initial post. This song sounds fantastic! I love how you play it and sing it. And the song itself is nicely structured with a great hook.

Basically I agree with everything @Layerson said.

...and welcome to The Kitchen. You might consider getting a Soundcloud account so you can post songs that folks can stream. And...take a look around at some of the other threads while you are here. I'm betting you'll find some stuff that resonates with you just the way this tune of your lands with me.

Looking forward to hearing more from you.
"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

"In a world of robotic conformity, the only originality left in music is the imperfections" Eric Craptone

"Special thanks to Steve Gleason for making me who I am today." Leonard Scaper

Lenny's Tunes: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=540680

https://soundcloud.com/vincentgleason

Reply #4 on: March 06, 2020, 18:02:05
You really have a nice song here!  I enjoyed the listen. I don't really have any critique other than the video is out of sync with the music...at least it was on my video player. Maybe not a problem for everyone. No chance you edited anything, I mean there you are playing it . I like song like this where a person can pick up the guitar and simply play a song. No editing, no nothing. Just the music and only the music.

• IsleofSkye
  • Poissonier
  • (INFJ-T) - 20 yrs old and in college- how original

• March 08, 2020, 05:10:28
    • Newnan, Georgia, USA
  • more
Reply #5 on: March 07, 2020, 05:25:45
Super cool song. Really hit hard and still hear your words echoing in my mind.
"When you've seen beyond yourself then you may find peace of mind is waiting there."-George Harrison

xx
Failure (black winged bird)

Started by jaustinwilliams on Songs for review

2 Replies
Last post February 23, 2020, 16:34:16
by Dutchbeat