• Started by Zedd
  • Zedd
  • Executive Chef

• June 01, 2020, 02:06:53
  • more
Fearless
on: April 05, 2020, 20:49:31
Hi guys...

New one from me... written about my younger daughter... time moving too fast and I'm a soppy fool  ;D ;D

My first time recording on a mic'd acoustic piano though (I normally record using midi).. much nicer playing experience but there's some noise on the piano tracks from pedal etc.. (I really need to get a less creaky piano stool) and the performance is the performance - no tweaking possible!! As always, all feedback invited and welcome on any aspect... 

https://soundcloud.com/monnodb/fearless

All your life I've had my hand on your shoulder
To guide you on your way and catch your fall
And now you are that little bit older
I know it's time for you to walk alone

And I'll hold on tight as I let you go
I'll burst with pride but you'll never know
I'll play it cool, won't let it show
You're my fearless, independent soul

I remember the first time I held you
The months I'd waited couldn't have foretold
The feelings that overwhelmed me
You took my breath, you took my heart, you took my soul

And I'll hold on tight as I let you go
I'll play it cool, won't let it show
You're my fearless, independent soul

Re: Fearless
Reply #1 on: April 05, 2020, 21:10:01
This sound SO GOOD @Zedd . I love how those harmonies come in. That acoustic piano sounds rich and full......what a great thing to do.

It's a beautiful and deep song......just a powerful production all around.

That last piano chord rings out forever...........
"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

"In a world of robotic conformity, the only originality left in music is the imperfections" Eric Craptone

"Special thanks to Steve Gleason for making me who I am today." Leonard Scaper

Lenny's Tunes: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=540680

https://soundcloud.com/vincentgleason

• LePlongeur
  • Sous Chef
  • In Tartiflette we trust

• Yesterday at 21:49:51
    • Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Reply #2 on: April 07, 2020, 09:32:49
Wow!!!!!
And just look at all the posts on SC.
This will never be soppy, this is the real thing.

And:
I hope you WILL let her know

Just my soppy fatherly opinion.
What a song, @Zedd , I'll be back for another treat for my ears.....
Kind regards, Gus

• Zedd
  • Executive Chef

• more
Reply #3 on: April 08, 2020, 23:25:55
@LePlongeur  - Gus, thanks so much for giving it a listen... and for your lovely comments...

And yes you're right I will, and in fact I do frequently let her know :)

@Leonard Scaper thanks a mill.. Yeah I loved playing on the acoustic, it's a completely different experience - I've never done it for a home recording before although I've played in studio on one.. thanks again... Lol re the last note - and I faded it ... it does ring out for ever gotta say, such a beautiful instrument..

Thanks again both for listening...

K

• Dutchbeat
  • MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • If you can stand the Beat, get into the Kitchen!

• Today at 00:05:41
  • more
Reply #4 on: April 09, 2020, 18:12:16
@Zedd , great song, sounds fantastic, i love these repeated choruses with backing vocals..... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :dance: :dance:
me, myself, and Pie

• LePlongeur
  • Sous Chef
  • In Tartiflette we trust

• Yesterday at 21:49:51
    • Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Reply #5 on: April 09, 2020, 19:26:00
Been back to listen again.
And I honestly think that this is among the most beautiful (honest/human/humane (what do I know)) songs that were posted this year.
It fits like a glove, it rings true. There's not one note too many.
I wish I could do this.
Really.
Kind regards, Gus

Reply #6 on: April 10, 2020, 18:54:40
Simply beautiful @Zedd  ::thumb:: ::thumb:: Your lyrics find the sweet spot ; loving expression avoiding  sentimentality- you succeeded in moving this doting dad!
Wonderfully simple arrangement with those ethereal harmonies in the background and clear unaffected vocal.
Very much enjoyed.

Robert

• MrBouzouki
  • Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
  • "Let the Creators Create" :-)

• May 31, 2020, 07:48:13
    • Sheffield, UK
    • https://www.facebook.com/Mr.Bouzouki.Music/ https://www.youtube.com/user/MisterBouzouki https://soundcloud.com/mrbouzouki
  • more
Reply #7 on: April 10, 2020, 19:18:35
Well I've shared it around on my Facebook etc. to hopefully get this gem of a song more plays.

Top job lass

::OSMAN:: ::OSMAN:: ::OSMAN::
"Love and Life is all about connections"

Reply #8 on: April 10, 2020, 19:50:10
Hey @Zedd this is really a beautiful song and you got a great voice. The only thing I don't understand is the reason for your vibrato. I know this type of singing is popular these days and I am probably the only one not liking this kind of voice handling, but you got a nice warm timbre which is in my view hidden behind the artificial use of it. I would really(!) love to hear this song with your pure voice. To paraphrase Shania Twain: that would impress me much... But all the same, kudos, Charlie
If you dig it, do it. If you dig it a lot, do it twice (Jim Croce).

• Zedd
  • Executive Chef

• more
Reply #9 on: April 11, 2020, 10:17:49
@LePlongeur Gus thanks so much - youíre too kind altogether. Delighted it resonates with you.  ::heart::

@Dutchbeat - thanks a mill for your comments and your enthusiastic  ;D ;D s

@robertkc thank you! Yes those kids really do things to you. Most of my songs are dark so itís odd when a soppy positive one pops out. Thanks for the lovely comments!

@Charlie - thanks for checking out my song and for your comments on it. Re my vocal, well I was never a big fan of my voice but have grown to accept it for what it is. What you hear is just the way I sing. The vibrato is not contrived. Iím sure with training I could reduce it but I just sing my songs and thatís what comes out! I completely understand itís not for everyone.. Thanks again.  :) :)

K

Reply #10 on: April 11, 2020, 14:58:41
@Charlie - thanks for checking out my song and for your comments on it. Re my vocal, well I was never a big fan of my voice but have grown to accept it for what it is. What you hear is just the way I sing. The vibrato is not contrived. Iím sure with training I could reduce it but I just sing my songs and thatís what comes out! I completely understand itís not for everyone.. Thanks again.  :) :)
K

@Zedd there is nothing wrong with your voice. I suppose none of us is fan of his or her's own voice. I often find it embarrassing to hear myself. As I said you have a very nice timbre. Vibrato is a technique which you can either use or not, with which you can play around. You make great music.

Reply #11 on: April 25, 2020, 01:54:41
Wow your voice !
:goatie:
Jeete

• GaryHynes
  • Vegetable Chef
  • Karma Hunter

• Yesterday at 15:38:00
    • Ireland
  • more
Reply #12 on: April 25, 2020, 15:47:35
« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 16:13:40 by GaryHynes »
@Zedd

Beautiful song. Captivating voice. Love the melody, chord patterns, lyrics and performance.

If I like it now I wonder how much more I will like it when/if I have kids.
You can't go back. You can't stand still. If the thunder don't get you. The lightning will.

• Zedd
  • Executive Chef

• more
Reply #13 on: April 26, 2020, 21:37:00
K

@Zedd there is nothing wrong with your voice. I suppose none of us is fan of his or her's own voice. I often find it embarrassing to hear myself. As I said you have a very nice timbre. Vibrato is a technique which you can either use or not, with which you can play around. You make great music.

No worries Charlie - I'm good with my vocals now.. I just go with the flow ;)

@Goatrelated  and @GaryHynes thanks so much!

K

Reply #14 on: May 20, 2020, 20:22:30
wonderful song, I can really relate with the lyrics. The hook line is great.