• Karma Hunter

• November 24, 2020, 20:59:19
    • Ireland
  • more
Fee fi fo fum
on: October 20, 2020, 17:00:46
« Last Edit: October 24, 2020, 17:49:04 by GaryHynes »
Hey all,
Done more recording in the past few weeks than I've done in probably the last few years, so wanted to share something here and there to get different points of view. I wrote this summer 2019.
https://soundcloud.com/gary-hynes-863632583/feefifofum

Been there done that temper tantrum narcissist, got woke thought so fell asleep again though.
Forced love insane disguised liberal, dove deep got out educated now shout.
Fee fi fo fum I smell a new age demon.
Fee fi fo fum possessed ego inflation.

Truth works lies don't bull-shit tips the boat, blue days red pills far out's going in.
Mainstream infects those who follow it, watch out they'll get you rise up or fall though.
Fee fi fo fum I small a passive citizen.
Fee fi fo fum don't you wanna know what's going on.

Beast mode net node information overload, takes time makes rhyme writes down clarifies.
Communication problem makes unstable, freak out calm down all's well for now.
Fee fi fo fum I small a world of division.
Fee fi fo fum wholeness is the solution.

Somethin' grows quite clear divide for fear, money talks message heard line 'em up like a herd.
Turn on drop in Leary's atmospheric spin, bees go we go would you like to stay afloat?
Fee fi fo fum I smell global warming.
Fee fi fo fum can't say we didnt get a warnin'.

Be strong like this channel rage clinch, fist fight war know who is the real you.
Not easy given this vital info suppressed, left wing damaged propogandsists infultrate.
Fee fi fo fum I small Cathy Newman.
Fee fi fo fum trying to trick Jordan Peterson.

Power hungry bellies full dumbed down bodies numb, distract the populaton backstage plans are placing.
Buzzed up brainwashed authorotarian smog, leaders be ashamed but who would dare to step on.
Fee fi fo fum I smell a crooked politician.
Fee fi fo fum but we're the ones who elect them.

Find out be brave lots to lose but more at stake, human history bet on you and me.
New hope is there first though must care, why though give a fuck? Nothing else matters much.
Fee fi fo fum I smell a lack of motivation.
Fee fi fo fum there's a light inside we must summon.

Threat detected virus found sick on sacred ground, a moment of silence please stand firm face disease.
Worn out not surprised work all day and then get high, come down want more viscious cycle find a cure.
Fee fo fo fum I smell a world of addiction.
Fee fo fo fum everybody's got their obsessions.

Meanwhile idolized fake celebrities smile, confused me too rebel wisdom real news.
Burn sage restart self empowered stoic art, sometimes can't decide women's choice of babies lives.
Fee fo fo fum I smell a difficult decision.
Fee fi fo fum I'm glad I'm not a woman.

Shut up go on the whole world in one song, think I summed it up well might even sell.
I'm over-whelmed I know too much I endure don't need no crutch, I relax work on self run to heaven from hell.
Fee fi fo fum could we be the last generaiton.
Fee fi fo fum not before I have my say first.
Fee fo fo fum what's coming over the horizon?
Fee fi fo fum with every step you are deciding.

You can't go back. You can't stand still. If the thunder don't get you. The lightning will.

Re: Fee fi fo fum
Reply #1 on: October 21, 2020, 16:41:54
@GaryHynes  ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb::

Nice Song!!!

Reply #2 on: October 22, 2020, 13:14:12
@GaryHynes i dig it man , cannot beat just an acoustic guitar and vocals, cool
fly away and find my peace of mind...
http://soundcloud.com/man-of-simple-pleasures

• GaryHynes
  • Patissier
  • Karma Hunter

• Ireland
  • more
Reply #3 on: October 23, 2020, 18:12:20
@Marcus Nalgaber @man of simple pleasures

Thanks for listening!!  :D

• Krysoe
  • Patissier
  • Airborn

• October 29, 2020, 14:44:45
    • Denmark
  • more
Reply #4 on: October 23, 2020, 23:31:29
Interesting composition  and eyercatching melody.
your sound reminds me of the band Canned Heat

please help me - and post the lyrics

• LePlongeur
  • Executive Chef
  • In Tartiflette we trust

• Yesterday at 16:47:56
    • Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Reply #5 on: October 24, 2020, 14:37:32
I must admit I had to take a hurdle before I gathered the courage to listen.
The title is somehow developed from a piece of Shakespeare, where Fie (originally) is a cry of disgust.
As if that werenít enough: late 60ís saw two dominant versions of the song Get Ready.
Fee fie fo fum, get ready (girl) cause here I come. I knew very few women who would OK a treatment like that in the sack. No libertine stepped out of her undies with come on lines like that.

One of the versions (Rare Earth) bled on for almost 12 minutes.

I would be glad if I could say you have pulled the sting out of it, but Iím afraid Iím with Krysoe. Maybe the lyrics are understood by native speakers, but I wasnít born on the west side of the North Sea.

If you post the lyrics, Iíll be back for another spin. Sorry for my rant and rave. Donít take it personal. As a rule I like your posts.
Thank you!
Kind regards, Gus

• GaryHynes
  • Patissier
  • Karma Hunter

• Ireland
  • more
Reply #6 on: October 24, 2020, 17:42:40
Hey @LePlongeur and @Krysoe Thanks for listening. I just posted the lyrics, sorry I should have done that originally. Bad form and laziness on my part.

Krysoe I love canned heat! In fact folk/rock from that era is where my heart is.

LePlonger, are you saying this term "Fee fi fo fum" has negative cultural & historical meanings? If so I am not aware of them, but thank you as this is educational. This phrase simply sticks out in my conciousness at present which must have be in there from growing up watching Disney films. It's just a way for me to say what I sense (or smell) in the world and in my own life.

• LePlongeur
  • Executive Chef
  • In Tartiflette we trust

• Yesterday at 16:47:56
    • Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Reply #7 on: October 24, 2020, 19:28:09
No, I am really sorry if you think that you are 'to blame' @GaryHynes
I've only mentioned it to illustrate that I had to overcome negative feelings before I could clear my mind enough for a more or less objective intake of your song.

I think it's impossible to avoid. If we sit in Paris on a terasse, at the tinyest possible tables, we are sitting on approx. 1 sqare meter. And what we see is different. Are different things.
Just by way of explaning. I hope you go on with this nonetheless.

I also hope I haven't angered or hurt you, because that is absolutely not my intention.
And that you'll exept my appologies.
Kind regards, Gus

• GaryHynes
  • Patissier
  • Karma Hunter

• Ireland
  • more
Reply #8 on: October 24, 2020, 20:26:00
Hey @LePlongeur No not at all. I thought I understood what you were saying but just wanted to confirm. I wasn't aware of these extra connotations that phrase holds, it is obviously deeper than I had first thought, which is great to learn. I appreciate the effort in trying to overcome the subjective response to it and for trying to see it in a new light.

Reply #9 on: October 25, 2020, 14:21:06

Your chaotic lyrics defines perfectly the chaos, everything happens at the same time, the good things, the bad, the stupidity that leads us, the vanity. the fatuous egos lacking in interest and your sense of humor caricaturing so many things that possess us.

I love "fee fi fo fum"  ::thumb::

Mora
I did not know that to live I had to die so many times
https://vimeo.com/onacarom

Reply #10 on: October 25, 2020, 19:59:51
Cool tune @GaryHynes . I agree with the Canned Heat feeling.
"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

"In a world of robotic conformity, the only originality left in music is the imperfections" Eric Craptone

"Special thanks to Steve Gleason for making me who I am today." Leonard Scaper

Lenny's Tunes: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=540680

https://soundcloud.com/vincentgleason

• GaryHynes
  • Patissier
  • Karma Hunter

• Ireland
  • more
Reply #11 on: October 25, 2020, 20:10:00
Hey @Mora Amaro La Loba Thank you! I think you summed it up well, I was thinking of calling this song "Everything all at once". I may change it at some point.

Thanks for listening @Leonard Scaper