• "Fill Me with Extreme Positivity" - entry for extremely positive song comp.
  • Started by Dakoda
  • oorlab
  • Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
  • savoir vivre

• July 26, 2020, 22:20:55
    • netherlands
    • https://twitter.com/oorlab https://soundcloud.com/oorlab
  • more
Loving it @Dakoda  - no part of the mix is in the way of any other element. The singing is quite soulful & human. The synth aspect of this particular branch of music sometimes can sound a bit sterile - but that is not the case here at all.

Only thing - if you'are still in the tweaking phase for the song - I would offer as a hint - the end is quite unexpected and sudden. May be a fade out? Or something else to build a short but definitive finale?
new guitar 4-6-2020 https://soundcloud.com/oorlab/12string-demo1 12string Cort.

• Dakoda
  • Poissonier
  • full of 80s angst

• Yesterday at 11:43:17
    • London
  • more
Only thing - if you'are still in the tweaking phase for the song - I would offer as a hint - the end is quite unexpected and sudden. May be a fade out? Or something else to build a short but definitive finale?

Definitely still in the tweaking phase, had to take a break from that track, that was a pretty intensive writing weekend and got fed up of listening to it, (nearly finished the next one, no.3 for 2018 ....)
 but will be getting back to it and making an effort to integrate all the great feedback I've received from peers on this really valuable and "valued" forum ...
 Thanks,
 Dakoda...
I prefer poisoner to fish chef...

I love this song
Probably my winner
Most positive feeling
 ::heart:: ::heart:: ::heart::
:goatie:
Jeete

• Dakoda
  • Poissonier
  • full of 80s angst

• London
  • more
I love this song
Probably my winner
Most positive feeling
 ::heart:: ::heart:: ::heart::
:goatie:

thanks! @Goatrelated , thats nice to hear
 (I played it at a local song-writer meetup here in London last night, several folk thought it wasn't that positive!  :) ahh well....)
thanks again
Dakoda.

• Jambrains
  • Chef de Partie
  • You ain't seen nothing yet..

• June 30, 2020, 22:22:04
  • more
Yihaa!
Yazoo, Pet Shop Boys, Depech, Ultravox, they all lurking in the corners.
Usually not my go-to kind of music but this I cannot resist.
A touch of Yello as well maybe?

::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb::
Let man's petty nations tear themselves apart
My land's only borders lie around my heart

Dude. . . teach me. . . how to make music like this. Jesus Christ man.  ::e-guitar3::

Oh, I almost forgot to comment on your song. It's awesome. Seriously.

~Rich

We are the music makers,
And we are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers,
And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers,
On whom the pale moon gleams:
Yet we are the movers and shakers
Of the world for ever, it seems.

(I played it at a local song-writer meetup here in London last night, several folk thought it wasn't that positive!  :) ahh well....)
thanks again
Dakoda.

Hey @Dakoda what is a song-writer meetup really? Did you join an association or group of some sort to be in it? I'm looking at possibilities like this where I live.

Oh yeah, while I'm here again, nice song!  ;)
Bill
Songwriter, Keyboards, Arranger, Producer & Engineer for November Sound

November Sound is based on the Mother, Father & Son musical trio of Melissa, Bill & Will. I'm the father so anything I post will have my wife singing and/or my son playing percussion.

• Dakoda
  • Poissonier
  • full of 80s angst

• London
  • more
thanks again
Dakoda.

Hey @Dakoda what is a song-writer meetup really? Did you join an association or group of some sort to be in it? I'm looking at possibilities like this where I live.

Oh yeah, while I'm here again, nice song!  ;)

Hey, @Bill from November Sound , there's this phone-app thing over here called "meetup". You tell it what your interested in, music, songwriting etc and it lets you know about events run by like minded people.
  It's a free to use the app. You wouldn't believe some of the meetups, everything from string theory to knitting... but that's one of the great things about being in London. It's full of multi-cultural and interesting
  people and because there's so many of them, it doesn't matter what your interested in, however niche or weird it might be, you'll always find others that are into it as well.

The song-writing meetup here is run by lady who organizes several meetups, there is a cover charge when you go along , just to cover the cost of the venue. The song-writing meetup is where there are a few
  songwriting exercises to get every-ones juices flowing and then everyone is split into groups  (taking account of their musical-singing skills) given a subject for the song and each group writes a song in a couple
  of hours. it's often really surprising what people come up with!. There is also a showcase event held a few times a year where the best of those songs get performed to a much bigger audience etc...
  Another meetup that runs in parallel is a song-share thing , where people get to perform live  or play their latest work from an mp3 etc and everyone gets to offer helpfull feedback.
  The diverse selection of talents is often amazing. Sometimes you'll get everyone show up with guitars and sometimes there's a few synth-heads with mp3's  ;) Then we go to the pub and set the world to rights...
  A third associated meetup is called music-match speed-dating , also run by the same lady, this is a less frequent but very large event and is geared specifically to getting people to connect for music collaboration 
  Everyone is sorted into one side of the venue depending on their "primary" skill, songwriting , singing, producing or instrumentalist. You get 60 seconds to showcase your talent and say what skill your looking to
  hookup with, it's pretty crazy , but great fun.
  I know some people who never miss these meetups and who would say it has changed their lives to be able to meet and collaborate with like minded folk.
  I guess you live out in the sticks so it would probably be more difficult to find or set-up something like this but it's got to be doable!
Dakoda.

This #nu-80's style is very cool....or should I say "rad"  ???  :)
Anyway good show @Dakoda .... I like this a lot!

very moody and well orchestrated!
<3,
soundcloud.com/revivalchoir

@Dakoda back in time and being positive in the 80's haha good stuff
fly away and find my peace of mind...
http://soundcloud.com/man-of-simple-pleasures