• Patissier
  • "Without music, life would be a mistake."

• Yesterday at 13:39:51
    • France
  • more
French Jazz Cover
on: October 04, 2020, 16:09:16
Hello Kitcheners,

I was pleased to discover new artists around here like @Mo recently. I am now back with a new French cover.
It took time for me to create this one because I told you that I was learning mixing/mastering with Pro Tools  ::dj::

I wanted to play and sing a jazzy and nostalgic song.

You can listen to it on my Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/mylenenelym/jardin-dhiver.

Thank you for your feedback as usual. I always appreciate it.
Have a lovely autumn everyone.

For people who like other arts, I took the picture of the album cover in a lovely museum in Paris called Jacquemart-André Museum where there is a winter garden  ;)

Bonne journée d'automne à tous

I will translate the lyrics in English below if you want to know more about the meaning of this piece called "Jardin d'hiver" which means "Winter Garden":

I would like a green sun
Some lace and teapots
Some photos of the seaside
In my winter garden

I would like some light
Like in New England
I want a change of atmosphere
In my winter garden

Your flower dress under the November rain
My hands, running through, I just can't wait
The years have gone by, that is far from the tender age
No one can hear us

I would like some Fred Astaire
To see a Latécoère again
I would always like to please you
In my winter garden

I want to have lunch on the ground
Along the clear gulfs
Kiss you with open eyes
In my winter garden

Your flower dress under the November rain
My hands, running through, I just can't wait
The years come and go, that is far from the tender age
No one can hear us

Re: French Jazz Cover
Reply #1 on: October 04, 2020, 18:14:23
Kicking it old school @Mylene !!!!    I love it!  :praise:

That's all I got.

Awesome.

NS will support this track on SC and Twitter.

-11 ::Note::

Bill
Songwriter, Keyboards, Arranger, Producer & Engineer for November Sound

November Sound is based on the Mother, Father & Son musical trio of Melissa, Bill & Will. I'm the father so anything I post will have my wife singing and/or my son playing percussion.

Reply #2 on: October 04, 2020, 18:17:47
Actually @Mylene  .... I don't like the fake sax. The song is too good for that.
If you want ..... I'll play that part on a real saxophone for you. ( don't tell anyone though)    :)

Reply #3 on: October 05, 2020, 17:39:56
Haha @Bill from November Sound  you just want to be part of this beautiful song....this is @Mylene wonderful, delicious music, you're voice is so nostalgically, great for Jazz
 ::heart:: ::heart:: ::heart::

:goatie:

Actually @Mylene  .... I don't like the fake sax. The song is too good for that.
If you want ..... I'll play that part on a real saxophone for you. ( don't tell anyone though)    :)
Jeete

Reply #4 on: October 05, 2020, 18:52:23
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 20:27:39 by Mora Amaro La Loba »
Salut @Mylene

Really beautiful song, lyrics and voice, I have enjoyed it very much. I like French, its my second language, it's so rich as Spanish. Have you listen to some French song of mine? As for translation I do like you, an approx. in English but never it's the same but... approx..
I do not know actual French singers, your cover is a good way to do it.

Take care and continue doing so beautiful works.

Big kiss

Mora ::heart::

I did not know that to live I had to die so many times
https://vimeo.com/onacarom

Reply #5 on: October 05, 2020, 21:21:20
Beautifully and delicately performed. @Mylene .  Such a pleasant listen.

The solo does not bother me. I do love how you slow things down and take us out gently.
"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

"In a world of robotic conformity, the only originality left in music is the imperfections" Eric Craptone

"Special thanks to Steve Gleason for making me who I am today." Leonard Scaper

Lenny's Tunes: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=540680

https://soundcloud.com/vincentgleason

Reply #6 on: October 05, 2020, 23:04:36
I love it everyone ......  :)
My point is the song is awesome.  :ok: :ok:  :ok:
The fake sax holds holds it back. If someone put up a song with a super obvious fake guitar lead all the guitar gurus around here would be freaking out.  >:(
If the song wasn't good I wouldn't say anything. Heck, how often do any of you even see me here in songs for review?
I hear a lot of stuff with fake sax or obvious sample clips that are completely pitch shifted outside the range and sonority of the instrument .... often by kitchen heros .... and I say nothing.
Anyway, @Rachel_D @Mar T. @Dutchbeat @Mr Sydney @IsleofSkye @JimBlair  and others here can vouch for me.
I rarely if ever go around trying to jump on people's tracks. I don't even want any credit I just don't want to see such an awesome recording go to waste.

• LePlongeur
  • Executive Chef
  • In Tartiflette we trust

• Today at 07:29:53
    • Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Reply #7 on: October 06, 2020, 08:49:58
Met a little girl in Paris
Fell in love at a glance….

Recorded by the Crickets, shortly after Buddy Holly died in 1959.

And yes I did it @Mylene, I waved my 1.5 litre bottle of Evian at the Kitchen zoomers and told them you send them your regards.

My earlier post in response to your cover seems to be missing, so I try it again.

I think it's a great offer that is made by @Bill from November Sound and I think it's really his intention to improve your song.
This cover is a very strange exception by the way: I think the cover overshadows the Original completely. I didn't think much of it when I heard it first.

I hope for another Mylene Original and I would seriously consider Bill's offer. He's a great musician.
Thank you for posting it!
Kind regards, Gus

• Mylene
  • Patissier

• France
  • more
Reply #8 on: October 06, 2020, 21:54:27
Wow thank you guys!

Thank you so much @Bill from November Sound for your input. Oh yes! I would love to listen to a real sax on my song. That is a wonderful idea! If you want Bill, feel free to play this part. I would love to have your skills on this one! You have my email  ;)  :loveit:

Haha @Goatrelated thank you. I'm glad you liked my voice on jazz  :)

Thank you very much @Mora Amaro La Loba, you always have kind words. I would love to listen to your French songs. Which one should I listen to first? Could you share me the specific links please? Maybe I could find some of them in the Songs Review section... I know you have a Youtube Channel.

Thank you @Leonard Scaper for your feedback on the solo. But I am sure it would be better with a real sax (moreover if it is played by @Bill from November Sound  ;) )

Again @Bill from November Sound, I agree with the "sax effect". To be honest with you, I hesitated to keep it in the recording. So I would be glad to have your expertise on this  :dance: If you have some time don't hesitate to tell me and I can give you some music sheets if you need

Oh thank you @LePlongeur, I am happy you said hello to the Kitchen zoomers for me! The first time, I was able to be there, it was really nice and friendly with everyone. It was great to finally put real faces on names. I hope you enjoyed this session too :)
Thank you so much for your lovely words as usual. I am happy you liked it and @Bill from November Sound's offer is the best thing that could happen to this song!

Thank you very much for your feedback everyone. I always love sharing my work with you.
I will continue to listen to yours as well <3

• LePlongeur
  • Executive Chef
  • In Tartiflette we trust

• Today at 07:29:53
    • Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Reply #9 on: October 07, 2020, 08:32:12
The funny thing about languages is, that they often amaze me.
If I would translate ‘jardin d’hiver’, in Dutch it would be something like wintertuin.
That would be OK to say. But we usually use the word de ‘oranjerie’, clearly derived from l’orangerie.

A refuge for plants, not suitable for frosty conditions.

You’d be amazed if you found out how many French words found their way into the Dutch language.
And all the more reason I like your choice of the cover you did. @Mylene

A highly original cover?
Kind regards, Gus

• Mylene
  • Patissier

• France
  • more
Reply #10 on: October 11, 2020, 13:51:32
Very interesting @LePlongeur, I don't know much about Dutch so thank you for sharing this.
It's lovely to see that we have common words in different languages and "orangerie" is a poetic one.

Thanks again for this delicate reference

Reply #11 on: October 11, 2020, 14:24:31
Almost done with the recordings @Mylene 
Melissa and I have gigs yesterday and today but I recorded the main part on Thursday. It's been fun playing with the track! Just a little more to go.  :)   

• Mylene
  • Patissier

• France
  • more
Reply #12 on: October 11, 2020, 18:27:34
Awesome! I can't wait to hear the result!
Thank you @Bill from November Sound for participating in this song :D

Reply #13 on: October 11, 2020, 18:50:03
This is exquisite @Mylene  ! :) Your vocal timbre is fabulous, and it goes really well with this style,  instruments and the French language :) (I really like your language – I used to study it in secondary school, and you make it sound even more beautiful! :) ) … You managed to achieve a great sounding mix, I really enjoyed listening :)

…. I’m looking forward to listening to the update once @Bill from November Sound  adds the real saxophone, he’s a great musician – in a past collab between myself and @Mar T.  he replaced our virtual saxophone as well – here is the result: https://soundcloud.com/martimedia/sunlit-bloom (refer to 2:40 onwards).

...Happy Autumn to you too :)
Rachel  ::Rachel::
https://.com/rachel_debattista

• Mylene
  • Patissier

• France
  • more
Reply #14 on: October 11, 2020, 20:53:06
Wow thank you so much @Rachel_D for your lovely words. This is really nice  :) I am happy you enjoyed it.

What a great collab on Sunlit Bloom! Your voice is soft and so pleasant to listen. You did a good job with @Mar T. ! And I agree that the sax solo is great :ok: It really adds to the song at the end.
Can't wait to have @Bill from November Sound 's sax on my song too haha

Have a lovely day

smiley
New French cover

Started by Mylene on Songs for review

11 Replies
Last post May 03, 2018, 15:24:13
by Mylene
smiley
New French Song

Started by Mylene on Songs for review

9 Replies