• Patissier
  • Karma Hunter

• Today at 11:38:46
    • Ireland
  • more
Friendly For A Fascist
on: April 08, 2021, 13:47:12
Hey everybody.

Here's a simple recording of a song I wrote last week.

https://soundcloud.com/garyhynesandtheimaginalcells/ffaf/comment-1335789577

I'm friendly for a fascist and a ratlicker
That's what they call me on the social network
That's the default argument these days
I know what I am and I know what I'm not
I decide not your prejudice
Your attempt to weaken my spirit only gives me strenght

I'm friendly for a fascist
I'm kind for nazi scum
I'm friendly for a fascist
And a hure for the owl freedom

I'm respectful for a racist and bigot for
thinking Ireland should leave EU shores
A shit deal's a shit deal any day of the week.

I've obvioulsy just been reading far-right propoganda
I'm as dangerous as Bolsonaro
Hitler's my hero
Followed by Mussolini.
From Italy.
Oh yeah!

Chorus

I'm sound for sexist misogynist
I hate gays too yeah they're on my list
I symbolize oppression for being a while male.

I'm calm for a cis and cool for a cad
Might join Antifa because I'm mad
And I'm good a burning stuff
As long as it doesn't belong to me...

Chorus x 2

End
You can't go back. You can't stand still. If the thunder don't get you. The lightning will.

Re: Friendly For A Fascist
Reply #1 on: April 08, 2021, 14:29:04
I sincerely hope this is tongue in cheek - If not I'm outta here. Seriously, these lyrics might offend some people. Giving you the benefit of the doubt, this is a well crafted song and nicely delivered. Funny - if that's what its meant to be. I really hope that was the intention. :)

• GaryHynes
  • Patissier
  • Karma Hunter

• Ireland
  • more
Reply #2 on: April 08, 2021, 16:20:22
I sincerely hope this is tongue in cheek - If not I'm outta here. Seriously, these lyrics might offend some people. Giving you the benefit of the doubt, this is a well crafted song and nicely delivered. Funny - if that's what its meant to be. I really hope that was the intention. :)

If I was a fascist I wouldn't be friendly now would I! I'm glad you found it funny and of course if you don't have some background as to why I wrote it and who I am as a person then you might come to those conclusions, as false as they may be.   ;D

It's a reflection on woke culture. If you're mildly conservative on twitter people think you are far right, if you state facts about the difference between sexes people think you're a misogynist, if you voted leave for Brexit people assume you are racist. I think conversation needs to be more balanced.

It is of course tongue and cheek, but at the same time these are quite serious issues I'm pointing towards.

Reply #3 on: April 08, 2021, 16:38:08

If I was a fascist I wouldn't be friendly now would I! I'm glad you found it funny and of course if you don't have some background as to why I wrote it and who I am as a person then you might come to those conclusions, as false as they may be.   ;D

It's a reflection on woke culture. If you're mildly conservative on twitter people think you are far right, if you state facts about the difference between sexes people think you're a misogynist, if you voted leave for Brexit people assume you are racist. I think conversation needs to be more balanced.

It is of course tongue and cheek, but at the same time these are quite serious issues I'm pointing towards.
Thanks for explaining Gary. It's pretty much as I assumed, but these are strange times so I did question it. I think we're on the same page. I think it's a great song and you make some good points. :)

• GaryHynes
  • Patissier
  • Karma Hunter

• Ireland
  • more
Reply #4 on: April 08, 2021, 18:05:27
Thanks for explaining Gary. It's pretty much as I assumed, but these are strange times so I did question it. I think we're on the same page. I think it's a great song and you make some good points. :)

That's good to hear. Generally I would prefer not to explain, but as we are on the internet and as you say we live in strange times, I think it is important to have a bit of context. Thanks for listening.

Reply #5 on: April 09, 2021, 01:21:06
I think this is a fantastic reverse  protest song. Anybody that really hold these views will not likely be able to phrase them lyrically and musically this well.

Arlo Guthrie (Sr.) would have loved this tune.  8)
"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

"In a world of robotic conformity, the only originality left in music is the imperfections" Eric Craptone

"Special thanks to Steve Gleason for making me who I am today." Leonard Scaper

Lenny's Tunes: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=540680

https://soundcloud.com/vincentgleason

Reply #6 on: April 09, 2021, 02:29:17
..Anybody that really hold these views will not likely be able to phrase them lyrically and musically this well.

That's a very good point. I kinda wish I hadn't raised this with Gary now, but, as I said, these are strange times so I hope he'll forgive me for being a bit over-sensitive. I've listened again..it's a great song. :)

• Dakoda
  • Poissonier
  • full of 80s angst

• April 14, 2021, 11:49:05
    • London
    • https://soundcloud.com/dakoda-sada
  • more
Reply #7 on: April 10, 2021, 00:41:22

So I hear you're a big right-wing person now Ted ... 
 love it, great track mate ...
 more please ...
 Dakoda.
I prefer poisoner to fish chef...

• GaryHynes
  • Patissier
  • Karma Hunter

• Ireland
  • more
Reply #8 on: April 10, 2021, 14:26:48
I think this is a fantastic reverse  protest song. Anybody that really hold these views will not likely be able to phrase them lyrically and musically this well.

Arlo Guthrie (Sr.) would have loved this tune.  8)

@Leonard Scaper Interesting reflections here. Thanks for comments and listening.

So I hear you're a big right-wing person now Ted ... 
 love it, great track mate ...
 more please ...
 Dakoda.

@Dakoda Hahaha. You know I was just watching an Ardal o' Hanlon interview yesterday. Oh yes there will be plenty more!! Glad you like it,  and thanks.

@ChrisPrice All good man. I've offended a lot of people since I started sharing my music over the last year, but I see it as their lack of understanding as opposed to my intention to hurt. Sometimes some explanation can be good if people have a willingness to understand and change their view, which you do. But I've learned trying to explain things to people who would prefer to remain confused and angry is completely pointless. Letting go of how others react and trusting my own intention is something I'm working on.

• LePlongeur
  • Executive Chef
  • In Tartiflette we trust

• Today at 14:28:10
    • Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Reply #9 on: April 10, 2021, 15:45:52
I like it a lot.
All the stuff you @GaryHynes are drawing our attention to is true alas.
And of course we live in strange times.
But some people seem to have patented pointing angry fingers at the world to a fine art.

I watch anything that has to do with the Grateful Dead with extra attention for a special reason. And recently I saw some footage wherein a rather ‘chubby’ mayor of a smaller town demanded loudly that the Grateful Dead should play for free ‘for the people’. I am willing to bet that the mayor didn’t dole out his salary to the people. So yes, lunatics have been around for 50 years ago too. The only difference seems to be that they can spread their brand of lunacy that much quicker via the social media.

My favourite part of the lyrics:
And I'm good a burning stuff
As long as it doesn't belong to me...

Brilliant!
Thank you.
Kind regards, Gus;

• oorlab
  • Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
  • Making music

• Today at 16:32:20
    • netherlands
    • https://twitter.com/oorlab https://soundcloud.com/oorlab
  • more
Reply #10 on: April 11, 2021, 12:49:09
@GaryHynes  liking the musical setup a lot
The track by the way didn't work for me with your link but it did with
https://soundcloud.com/garyhynesandtheimaginalcells/ffaf
I get it that the lyrics are tongue in cheeck. The title may suggest it to be otherwise. Mind you, just the title...
Reminded me - lyricwise of Ween ( Mister Would You Please Help My Pony) and Frank Zappa ( Lonesome Cowboy Burt) .

• GaryHynes
  • Patissier
  • Karma Hunter

• Ireland
  • more
Reply #11 on: April 12, 2021, 21:54:30
@LePlongeur Thanks for listening. I'm glad we are on the same page. Interesting story about grateful dead.

@oorlab Thanks for listening too. And for the comparisons which lead me to some new music. I will redo the link. I don't know why it didn't work.