Author Topic: Gus and DB WIP collab [please leave nice and encouraging comments here....]  (Read 138 times)

Offline Dutchbeat

• MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • Karma coins: 1288
  • If you can stand the Beat, get into the Kitchen!
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D or any comments..... :P ::) ::) ::), @LePlongeur and me just started as a Duo...and we are off on a good start, right ::Dutch::

https://soundcloud.com/dutchbeat-1/knock-knockguess-who-1
I lost it...ages ago

Offline LePlongeur

• Rotisseur
  • Karma coins: 178
  • In Tartiflette we trust
I donít know if youíre familiar with the idea of cut up poetry?
The idea is, that you print your poem, and with a metal ruler and ultra sharp knife cut all the sentences loose to try and find a new meaning in the poem, if the whole thing is glued back again. In random sequence of course!

How can I read between the lines if thereís a knife cutting right through that space?
That was my question at the time. Maybe I find the answer one day.

Now DB did not cut up the lyrics but cut up the music.
And yes, @Dutchbeat, I think weíre off to a very good start. No middle of the road exercise here, but boom boom, full blast.

Guitarists donít dance, but I feel a very strange urge coming up to dance till sunrise. And wake up in Ellaís arms. Dreams dreams dreams.
What great things DB can do for us, am I right?

Yes, I think I am........
Thank you DB for an adventurous collab. And thanks to ms DB for her patience!!!
Kind regards, Gus

Offline Pleudoniem

• Patissier
  • Karma coins: 34
  • Feed the Muse
@LePlongeur & @Dutchbeat : It sounds like listening to a very danceable tune when you're standing outside, before you've entered the vicinity. This is an invitation to start dancing before the threshold, without paying for a ticket to get in. It is peculiar, but very nice.
Pleudoniem: composer; bass guitarist; guitarist; singer; drummer; tap-guitarist - o, and yes... erm- a bit of keys. Open for collabs.
SoundCloud Page: https://soundcloud.com/pleudoniem

Offline Leonard Scaper

• Global Moderator
  • Executive Chef
  • Karma coins: 1029
  • Guest Chef
It rolls like a mighty wave.........  :) :) :)

There are some very cool sounds going on in there as well.
"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

"Special thanks to Steve Gleason for making me who I am today." Leonard Scaper

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=540680

Offline man of simple pleasures

• Chef de Partie
  • Karma coins: 290
  • power to the people
mental  ::dj::

Offline Chris Spruit

• Patissier
  • Karma coins: 48
  • Be yourself
Hi Dutchbeat and Gus,

this is a melting pot of Music, like a blend of spices . I do not understand one word but my Nickname is Dada so I just think it is Dadaismus and that is high Poetry anyway. Yeah makes me wanna dance and go crazy over it.
 ::thumb::   Chris

Offline LePlongeur

• Rotisseur
@LePlongeur & @Dutchbeat : It sounds like listening to a very danceable tune when you're standing outside, before you've entered the vicinity. This is an invitation to start dancing before the threshold, without paying for a ticket to get in. It is peculiar, but very nice.

Thatís what happend when I was young. If it was Friday or Saturday evening, and you wanted to hang out with some friends, and you didnít have the money to pay the entrance fee, you sat down outside with your back anganst the Ďvenueí.
Brings back memories. I never was much of a dancer. I shal ask Dutchbeat if he was..... maybe thatís how he got ms DB???

Nice and totally unexpected angle to this equally unexpected song.
Thanks for your comment.
Kind regards, Gus

Offline LePlongeur

• Rotisseur
It rolls like a mighty wave.........  :) :) :)

There are some very cool sounds going on in there as well.

Like a might wave, no less.
All the credits for this waving should go to DB. Who, in the worst part of our Dutch heat wave minced, sliced and did other unspeakable things to the bricks I supplied him with. And he, single handed lay build a house that could withstand Katrina.

Thank you very much @Leonard Scaper for your compliments. Itís not why weíre here, but we love getting them!
Kind regards, Gus

Offline LePlongeur

• Rotisseur
mental  ::dj::

Fundamental mental?
Thanks for listening @man of simple pleasures !
Kind regards, Gus

Offline MrBouzouki

• Chef de Partie
  • Karma coins: 287
  • "Let the Creators Create" :-)
Ummm I tried posting on this and it disappeared into the ether .... ahhh well ???

I like this ... didn't Bowie d othe cut-up stuff @LePlongeur ?

Any chance of English lyrics ot know what you are singing about

Although it doesn't really matter as @Dutchbeat has almost made me want to dance and I don't dance (guitarist ??)

Nice work both

::OSMAN:: ::OSMAN:: ::OSMAN::
"Love and Life is all about connections"

Offline Bill from November Sound

I love this joyful party anthem! Nice work @Dutchbeat and @LePlongeur ... I'd be singing along if I knew what you were singing!  :)
Bill
Songwriter, Keyboards, Arranger, Producer & Engineer for November Sound

Offline Goatrelated

• Chef de Partie
  • Karma coins: 394
Have I told you lately that I like this
 ::heart:: ::heart::
ďPerhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love.Ē
Rainer Maria Rilke

Offline LePlongeur

• Rotisseur
Ummm I tried posting on this and it disappeared into the ether .... ahhh well ???

I like this ... didn't Bowie d othe cut-up stuff @LePlongeur ?

Any chance of English lyrics ot know what you are singing about

Although it doesn't really matter as @Dutchbeat has almost made me want to dance and I don't dance (guitarist ??)

Nice work both

::OSMAN:: ::OSMAN:: ::OSMAN::

My uncle encouraged me to read (and listen to tapes of) William S Burroughs when I was young and exploring the English language. And yes, David Bowie did cut up his work during a certain period.

My lyrics here arenít cut up in that traditional sense; they were aptly cut up by DutchBeat.

I do all my songs only once, so I donít know the lyrics by heart. And iím Not too proud of them.
Normally I never do auto biographical lyrics and after iíve Discovered that there are lyrics along the same theme in France.

Itís about lovers, meeting every year on the womanís birthday, long after she died cause of cancer.
This is Annís 40 birthday, some 8 or 9 years after she died.
This is so much more Miekeís music (my Annís name was Mieke) than mine. DB made it a worthy tribute.
So I will look tthe lyrics up when I am back home and send them to you.
Thank you @MrBouzouki for listening.

Kind regards, Gus

Offline LePlongeur

• Rotisseur
I have probably made a huge mistake.
DB is so at home here (and I know so very little about him) that I thought it would be a strange idea to post on behalf of him.
Since, untill now he absent the possibility is there that I have insulted him. I would be deeply ashamed if that would be the case.
Holiday season is in full swing, and I truly hope that thatís the reason.
In other words: iím Sorry DB, please post too???
Thank you @Dutchbeat !!!

Kind regards, Gus

Offline LePlongeur

• Rotisseur
Hi Dutchbeat and Gus,

this is a melting pot of Music, like a blend of spices . I do not understand one word but my Nickname is Dada so I just think it is Dadaismus and that is high Poetry anyway. Yeah makes me wanna dance and go crazy over it.
 ::thumb::   Chris

I typed a psycho thriller bit here yesterday evening, clearly on a connection that failed the moment I pressed: ĎPostí.

Itís both a
-who dunnit
And a
-why did he do it

Who dunnit is clear: Dutchbeat as himself doing what he does best.
The why did he do it is a bit more difficult to answer.
The main reason being that he canít stand autobiographical lyrics.
He minced, chopped, sliced in his Kitchen and this is how it came out. Unrecognizable.
Nobodyís ever done this to a song of mine. But then again, I never wrote such a autobiographical song before.

Dada? I like that very much. If we donít laugh at ourselves, someone else will.
Thanks for listening.
Kind regards, Gus