• Saucier
  • ~

• March 25, 2019, 14:26:56
    • The Netherlands
  • more
i sat by the sea - genre?
on: March 22, 2019, 20:07:19
Hi guys,

It's been 6 weeks weeks since I released my first single and the positive reactions motivated me to release another single! Feedback is welcome, but what's even more welcome, is telling me what genre it is. I find this so difficult. I do not really fit into one genre which I don't mind but everybody is saying something completely different (I've heard 60's rock/easy listening/electronic music/dreampop). I would describe this one as alternative pop which is the most unclear genre ever. So please help (;

Lots of love,

Oh wait I didn't share the song! The song is available on most of the music streaming services like spotify, apple music, deezer if you search for 'I sat by the sea' by 'Left Lynx'.

Have a nice day!

• Leonard Scaper
  • Global Moderator
  • Executive Chef
  • Guest Chef

• Today at 01:45:32
    • Terra Firma
  • more
Re: i sat by the sea - genre?
Reply #1 on: March 22, 2019, 20:44:03
I couldn't get it from a search @lynnalyx .....how about putting up a link?
"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

"In a world of robotic conformity, the only originality left in music is the imperfections" Eric Craptone

"Special thanks to Steve Gleason for making me who I am today." Leonard Scaper

Lenny's Tunes: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=540680

https://soundcloud.com/vincentgleason

• lynnalyx
  • Saucier
  • ~

• The Netherlands
  • more
Reply #2 on: March 22, 2019, 21:08:17
I couldn't get it from a search @lynnalyx .....how about putting up a link?

Too bad! As far as I know there's only one 'Left Lynx' excisting ::Dutch::
Here's a link to spotify: https://open.spotify.com/track/7KTOK4NfH7cTGHiNcywoss?si=cOf1aYe0QqCyyQyC4Z-BBg

Reply #3 on: March 22, 2019, 21:46:06
You're asking a lot mate. No link to your song, we have to search the internet for it!!
Then a Spotify link, but I've got to join first.
What about giving some people  here a review of their songs before you start asking for all these favours?

• lynnalyx
  • Saucier
  • ~

• The Netherlands
  • more
Reply #4 on: March 22, 2019, 22:02:51
You're asking a lot mate. No link to your song, we have to search the internet for it!!
Then a Spotify link, but I've got to join first.
What about giving some people  here a review of their songs before you start asking for all these favours?

I didn't mean to be rude, I thought it would be easier to search because I only have a spotify link and there's lots of people who do not have spotify. And I have already reviewed other people's songs before so that argument makes no sense :no:

• Leonard Scaper
  • Global Moderator
  • Executive Chef
  • Guest Chef

• Terra Firma
  • more
Reply #5 on: March 22, 2019, 22:13:03
I didn't mean to be rude, I thought it would be easier to search because I only have a spotify link and there's lots of people who do not have spotify. And I have already reviewed other people's songs before so that argument makes no sense :no:

You have been a good reviewer @lynnalyx:)

Lots of folks may not want to sign up on Spotify, though. I'd rather not, fwiw. That's why I use a hosting site.

Reply #6 on: March 22, 2019, 22:31:17
And I have already reviewed other people's songs before so that argument makes no sense :no:

Ok mate I didn't know that, but if you want people to listen and spend time giving you feedback on your songs you need to make it as easy as possible for them to do that. Host your song on soundcloud or youtube or something and give a link.
And yeah nothing turns me right off reviewing a song more than when someone just  posts a song, and  asks for attention but don't make any attempt to give anything to this community ie: do some reviews, we all want a bit of attention that's why we're all here.

• lynnalyx
  • Saucier
  • ~

• The Netherlands
  • more
Reply #7 on: March 22, 2019, 22:35:40

You have been a good reviewer @lynnalyx:)

Lots of folks may not want to sign up on Spotify, though. I'd rather not, fwiw. That's why I use a hosting site.

Thank u, Leonard. Thing is, if I upload my music to Youtube, I have zero earnings. For 1000 streams on Spotify I get €4,-. The art work costs me €15,- per single and the master €30,- and it’s €5,- to upload my music = -€50,- per single. It feels wrong to share music for free when I’ve put money and effort into it, you get it..? The negative side of the story however is that I reach less people.. Conclusion: musicians go through a hard time.

• Leonard Scaper
  • Global Moderator
  • Executive Chef
  • Guest Chef

• Terra Firma
  • more
Reply #8 on: March 23, 2019, 10:32:17
I definitely get where you're coming from. I think you should consider doing both. You'll get a lot more exposure if you have some of your stuff out there for free listening. And....if you are seeking critiques on work in progress you really need a way to host that material.

I guess it depends on your goals. Even with thousands of $$$ invested in my recording gear I made the decision years ago to keep my music free. I just want it to be heard. Of course I pay nothing these days for the production and a minimal amount yearly for the pro versions of Soundclick and Soundcloud.

Are you actually getting those monetary results from Spotify?

• lynnalyx
  • Saucier
  • ~

• The Netherlands
  • more
Reply #9 on: March 24, 2019, 23:36:46
I definitely get where you're coming from. I think you should consider doing both. You'll get a lot more exposure if you have some of your stuff out there for free listening. And....if you are seeking critiques on work in progress you really need a way to host that material.

I guess it depends on your goals. Even with thousands of $$$ invested in my recording gear I made the decision years ago to keep my music free. I just want it to be heard. Of course I pay nothing these days for the production and a minimal amount yearly for the pro versions of Soundclick and Soundcloud.

Are you actually getting those monetary results from Spotify?

I decided to put it on youtube next week cause some friends of mine also don't have Spotify. I do recommend people to pay for the music. I heard from fellow musicians that you get 0.0042 euro per stream. My first single 'white walls' reached the 1k streams so that means I have earned ± 4 euro (there's a 3 month latency so I have to wait till May). Keep in mind that I'm not signed by a label so I don't have to share my earnings. Neither do I have to give a certain percentage of my earnings to my distributor.

I could share a link to youtube next week if you'd like to, Leonard?

xx
identity persona genre - how do you find it?

Started by lu77 on Songwriting Ingredients

4 Replies
Last post June 20, 2019, 12:44:04
by MrBouzouki
xx
ALL AT SEA

Started by habiTat on Songs for review

4 Replies
Last post January 29, 2015, 10:21:31
by seriousfun
xx
The Sea